Need help to export character to Unity

christianomiamichristianomiami Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone,

I need to hire some expert to export the animated character that I bought (Arab Male Lorez) to Unity 3D.\

Can anybody help me with that?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I believe if you export the figure via FBX in DAZ Studio 4 you should be able to take it to Unity. If the polygon count is too large, you may need the Decimator plugin to reduce the poly count for clothing and figure, then export to FBX for unity.

Here is the product page for the Decimator: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=decimator&x=0&y=0

I hope this helps.

• christianomiamichristianomiami Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for your help!

Can you help me on that issue? I can pay for that work...

I will appreciate it

Thanks

Chris

edited December 1969

I'm not able to do that, I work for DAZ and can't. Sorry. I'm sure there will be others willing to assist.

edited December 1969

Ok, thanks

I just download the DazStudio and I am installing...

Can you assist me on that?

Thanks

Chris

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Hi, I just openned the DazStudio.

Can you just tell me wich file I have to open?

I bought the Lorez Arab Male. The download came with 2 files, none with dazstudio file format to open or import.

How is that possible?

Thanks

Chris

edited December 1969

The downloadable products came with 2 files folders

LoREZ Arab Male - LoREZ Arab Male - exe - pc
    LoREZ Arab Male - LoREZ Arab Male - zip - mac

Where is the .daz file that I can open or import to DazStudio?

I can´t find any file format that DazStudio can open...

Please give me a help

Thanks

Chris

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited June 2012

You need to run the installer the .exe file for PC, or unzip the zip file if you have a mac. The file needs to be installed into Daz Studio before you can load it and then export it.

This post

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/328/

has some links to help you install content.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi christianomiami :)

The installers for that figure should install it into your "My Documents / Users / Daz3D/My Library folder.
    ALL of the Content for Daz Studio goes there.

not into the "program files" where the Daz Studio application is,

Once it's installed I think it should appear under "Poser Formats" in your Daz Studio "Content Library" on the right hand side.

Daz3D Models are figures which can be used in either Daz Studio, or Poser, and they install all the files to allow you to use it in either program.

Hope it helps :)

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Christian

I think you may ask Daz if you can use that model for a game due to licensing restrictions

My understanding is that you need to buy a Developer License and you can use only some models or you can ask for a specific license for that model

Are you in a rush? Getting close to a release date or something? because I think it will take time to tune the model ( like decimate it)
    to achieve good rendering performance depending on what platform you plan to deploy to

Regards

Jorge

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi christianomiami :)

The installers for that figure should install it into your "My Documents / Users / Daz3D/My Library folder.
    ALL of the Content for Daz Studio goes there.

not into the "program files" where the Daz Studio application is,

Once it's installed I think it should appear under "Poser Formats" in your Daz Studio "Content Library" on the right hand side.

Daz3D Models are figures which can be used in either Daz Studio, or Poser, and they install all the files to allow you to use it in either program.

Hope it helps :)

Thank you very much!!! It worked out just perfectly. Can you just tell me how I can fix animations? The character legs are appearing outside of clothing and hands are looking in bad shape.. Thanks buddy!

Chris

edited December 1969

JorgeMR said:
    Hi Christian

I think you may ask Daz if you can use that model for a game due to licensing restrictions

My understanding is that you need to buy a Developer License and you can use only some models or you can ask for a specific license for that model

Are you in a rush? Getting close to a release date or something? because I think it will take time to tune the model ( like decimate it)
    to achieve good rendering performance depending on what platform you plan to deploy to

Regards

Jorge

Hi Jorge, thanks for the tips. Are you familiar with tuning the model to great Unity engine? Our game is for PC and WebPlayer. Thanks

edited December 1969

Hi Chris!

I can't commit to help because I have other ongoing projects and I dont have my DAZ enabled computer until night, but
    what you need to take care of

The PCs are usually powerfull and you may not have many performance problems as if you
    deploy to Ipods for example, I have no experience about Web player performance

So you can test it first as is to see how good or bad the performance is

If it is not very good : (that depends of all the other stuff you are rendering in your app and your target FPS)

The DAZ models usually have lots of materials groups and the more material groups the more Unity draw calls, the less draw calls the better, so you can group the material groups until get 1 or 2 or depending of the different material effects you want, that can be done with DAZ studio

After that you will need decimate it until get something below 10k polygons or less depending of you game standards, you can do it with DAz decimator that will cost about 70
    Then you need to create an Atlas Texture and decide the textures count and the texture size

Summary, low poly count, low number of material groups, 1 or 2 textures attlased

You may find that on Unity the clothing is not getting animated, because they are different meshes ( the character and the clothing) so you may need to export them in separate files and animate them at the same time or manage that on unity code

You can find on google some tutorials to do that

Where are you creating the animation? using Daz? or other tool?

Well as you see, there are some considerations to build your workflow for the first time and they will require test to find the appropiate balance of performance and good visuals

edited December 1969

Hi Chris!

I can't commit to help because I have other ongoing projects and I dont have my DAZ enabled computer until night, but
    what you need to take care of

The PCs are usually powerfull and you may not have many performance problems as if you
    deploy to Ipods for example, I have no experience about Web player performance

So you can test it first as is to see how good or bad the performance is

If it is not very good : (that depends of all the other stuff you are rendering in your app and your target FPS)

The DAZ models usually have lots of materials groups and the more material groups the more Unity draw calls, the less draw calls the better, so you can group the material groups until get 1 or 2 or depending of the different material effects you want, that can be done with DAZ studio

After that you will need decimate it until get something below 10k polygons or less depending of you game standards, you can do it with DAz decimator that will cost about 70
    Then you need to create an Atlas Texture and decide the textures count and the texture size

Summary, low poly count, low number of material groups, 1 or 2 textures attlased

You may find that on Unity the clothing is not getting animated, because they are different meshes ( the character and the clothing) so you may need to export them in separate files and animate them at the same time or manage that on unity code

You can find on google some tutorials to do that

Where are you creating the animation? using Daz? or other tool?

Well as you see, there are some considerations to build your workflow for the first time and they will require test to find the appropiate balance of performance and good visuals

[/quote

Hi again! Thank you so much! Is there anyone that you know that could help me with that 'animations' in Unity from Daz character model?

I will appreciate it..

Thanks

Chris

edited December 1969

I m kinda lonely wolf, so I dont know anybody else directly ( there should be a lof of people doing this, though)

I believe you may find help faster on the Unity Forums

• edited December 1969

To christianomimi,

I would suggest you use the free ani-block to animate your character, depending on if you have the full version of animate 2.

however you do not need the full version of animate 2 to use the free ani - block samples.

You seem a neewbee no disrespect ! we all have to start at the beginning:)

what version do you have of daz studio ?

Sorry to ask but have you done anything in daz yet ?

This may seem silly but are you planing on using the 3d model or just the render of the model, i ask due to unity suporting 2d renders and you can use these in gaming.

I am a games coder myself but NOT in UNITY yet !!!!

Please contact me by pm I will try my best to help you.

yours

colpolstudios