trying to load M2

tomasballtomasball Posts: 81
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been learning my way around Daz 4, after years of using Poser. I would like to load an M2 character, but I'm having problems. I went back and found my original m2 installer, and installed it into Daz. I can get a figure into Daz, and he will pose alright, but none of the morph channels have any effect.

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Michael 2 morphs don't work for me in Daz Studio 4 Pro 4.0.3.47... I don't have the newer Release candidate yet.. maybe he is fixed in there. I pulled him up in Poser Pro 2012 64bit Windows and he works like a charm.... he is bizarro Genesis... works in Poser but not in Daz:)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Geometry switching doesn't work in DS 4.0 -- Michael 2 uses Geometry Switching for the genitals. I understand the problem is fixed in 4.5, but I haven't tested it myself.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

Don't you need to INJect the regular-old morphs into M2? Those should be in the Pose folder.

The geometry switching dial is obv. something different, but the regular shapes were, I thought, INJectable rather than loading by default. M2 dates back to a time when folks had much less RAM :)

edited December 1969

No, injectable morphs started with Gen 3, M2 had all the morphs built into the CR2. The problem in DS4.0 is that, not only does the geometry switching not work, but it also causes the morphs to fail. The bug report says it is fixed in DS 4.5, but I haven't checked it myself yet.

• tomasballtomasball Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

I just got 4.5, and it doesn't work any better on the M2 morphs.

edited December 1969

I'm not getting the list of morphs in the Parameters tab, but if I click on All they are there and they do work.