Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited March 2013

Geez, another instant purchase product. You're on a ridiculous roll, Zev... not that I mind at all.

As far as additional textures go... a selection of torn fabric is definitely a must, but why let yourself be blinded by the concept of sticking to FABRIC? Consider:

Dripping water, Soap bubbles and shaving foam, for those stepping out of the bath, washing and shaving scenes.

Clumped Mud and dirt - Action girls DO get dirty you know, and using the Urban Grunge Grimenator over and over again really gives away the fact that it there are only a few repeating textures.

Scratched/cut/bruised legs - see above.

Scales/excessive body hair - for those just starting to transform into a mermaid/werewolf/tax collector scenes

rope/leather straps/etc - for that bondage chic look.

transparent/fading - for Ghostly apparitions, Genies coming out of bottles, etc.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2013

Thx Cybersox:) Dunno much about a role, I just try and make useful stuff:) Draagonstorm played a huge part in this product so thanks should go to her especially:) Some very interesting suggestions you made..saved in my little notebook:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry I haven't been around today for any questions. I live in a small town, and my husband needed emergency care that the clinic here couldn't help with...

I had to pick him up from the hospital today which is over 100 miles away...

Give me a bit to read thru the tread.....

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Not a shader, but this will be in my addon pack. If you want a rip shader there is this http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-daz-studio

Looks good.
    Thanks for the link.
    I thought I just bought all Marieah's stuff, missed that one.
    Just wanted something to add quick rips on clothes without needing to jump in Photoshop first.
    edited December 1969

fusionla said:
    sikeus said:
    Zev0 said:
    Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven't been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

I don't know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn't easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn't possible. I don't know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It's having a huge variety that's nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I'm illustrating.

For grunge and rips and stuff like that checkout http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio in my store. Marieah and I collaborated on that product. It's not a shader, but an overlay... The DAZ version uses LIE, where the Poser version uses the poser material room.

I like the grunge idea, plus would like to see some ripped clothes shaders

• edited December 1969

For grunge and rips and stuff like that checkout http://www.daz3d.com/hybrid-grunge-bundle-for-daz-studio in my store. Marieah and I collaborated on that product. It's not a shader, but an overlay... The DAZ version uses LIE, where the Poser version uses the poser material room.

That was one of the first products I bought, and it is great. It has all sorts of uses. I haven't figured out how to make the LIE presets into bump and displacement settings. Is there a way to do that? (I'm fairly new to the 3D scene. :))

edited December 1969

sikeus said:

That was one of the first products I bought, and it is great. It has all sorts of uses. I haven't figured out how to make the LIE presets into bump and displacement settings. Is there a way to do that? (I'm fairly new to the 3D scene. :))

Not sure what your asking here... In the Hybrid Grunge product all bump/displacement is applied along with the diffuse by the preset/script

• edited March 2013

sikeus said:

Not sure what your asking here... In the Hybrid Grunge product all bump/displacement is applied along with the diffuse by the preset/script

Huh. I must not have realized they had those maps. I'll have to experiment to see if I can change the bump/displacement maps to see what happens. Something more to have fun with...

Edit: I'm didn't meant to imply that your setting aren't good. I just have a mental image I want to chase down, with a bruise rising up out of a face very unrealistically.... :)

Post edited by aprilsunshine7_4526d47d74 on
  • drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Instant purchase for me as well and can't wait to see more texture packs.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2013

funny, I was going to ask if we are allowed to post renders of women in their underwear. lol It looks like we are allowed to upload such renders.

On a serious note: I like the clothing. I'll buy the outfit soon. bye

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

funny, I was going to ask if we are allowed to post renders of women in their underwear. lol It looks like we are allowed to upload such renders.

On a serious note: I like the clothing. I'll buy the outfit soon. bye

Underwear - yes

Underwear missing - NO.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

A test render on Nyu via the Reality 2.5 plug-in to Luxrender.

I'm delighted with product, an "instant essential" to my Genesis wardrobe

cheers

SheerNyu.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 433K
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

cheers

Very nice.

And don't forget. The shader is not just for panty hose ;)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,137
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

cheers

Very nice.

And don't forget. The shader is not just for panty hose ;)
    No indeed - I love this set for the shaders especially. Just a quick render (actually with the pantyhose though) with the same shader used on a vest top. (Perhaps I should have added it to the bedding too, but went with Quilts and Calicos instead! I'm a sucker for shaders and have a large and ever-growing collection!)

Purple-Daze.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 452K
    edited December 1969

Nice!!..love that the hair matches..And I love purple:) And no I am not deprived:)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Nice!!..love that the hair matches..And I love purple:) And no I am not deprived:)

deprived or depraved? :lol:
    edited December 1969

lol I had to look up the difference:)

edited December 1969

There's a difference?

• artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

DraagonStorm, Zev0

Kudos. This is an outstanding product. This sort of comprehensive approach applied to other wardrobe/prop categories would make a lot of content buyers happy. I hope this raises the bar for wardrobe content creation.

edited March 2013

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ColinKColinK Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Hello, is there some place we can see examples of applying the Sheer Net ?

I have been trying to apply something simple, like black fishnets, but don't understand the interface.

Thank you

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

They are also nice for a dancer :D

2013-03-28_Jump_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 538K
  • ColinKColinK Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Where can I find an example of how to properly use the Shader options for Sheer Greatness?

I figured out how to limit the shading to just her legs.

Now I need to create an appearance of sheer stockings over flesh.

What I have now are translucent legs. See attached.

TrixieV4.png
    590 x 572 - 98K
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited April 2013

You have to make sure the Sheer Greatness Pantyhose are selected in the scene not Genesis. Use the Surface Selector Tool to select a segment of the pantyhose. Hold in the Ctrl Key if on windows and add material zones to the selection. If on a Mac, I think that translates to hold in the Command Key. If you want net hose with the skin showing through select full in the dialog window.

result-forum.jpg
    848 x 848 - 191K
    sg3-forum.jpg
    1000 x 604 - 277K
    sg2-forum.jpg
    1000 x 612 - 306K
    SG1-forum.jpg
    1000 x 603 - 271K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    They are also nice for a dancer :D

Wow, I like that! Nicely done!!!

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

cheers

Beautiful render, and I'm pleased so many of you have enjoyed the add-on for the set. It was a pleasure to make.

edited December 1969

Thanks!

There's another one (well, there are more than one, but this one was finished today ;) ) - love this product :D :

2013-04-06_BWC-Pose_web.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 563K
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Thanks!

There's another one (well, there are more than one, but this one was finished today ;) ) - love this product :D :

This one is beautiful too. I think I still like the dancing one best out of the two.....

I'm so happy you are enjoying the product. Keep on renderin'!

edited December 1969

This one is beautiful too. I think I still like the dancing one best out of the two.....

I'm so happy you are enjoying the product. Keep on renderin'!

Thanks!

Oh, yes I do (both... enjoying and rendering :D ) - just have to figure out how to use it best with shoes :)

edited December 1969

FW set is awesome:) Don't forget this will also be out this month in a few days.

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 652K