Kimberly is so CUTE :-)

islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I did not see a thread about 3D Universe's new Gal so I thought I would make one...lol. She is so cute....snatched her up and a couple of their other characters I been wanting for ages :-).

You can find her in the New Releases section or Here:

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/kimberly-for-genesis-complete

She is so adorable and I don't do toons much,but she was calling to me so I said ok hop into the cart and that was that :-).

Comments

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Yes, I agree! She's like Sadie's California cousin. :)

I love the Sam and Sadie characters, but don't really care for Jason and Jasmin. So, I wonder who is going to be Kimberly's boyfriend? ;)

I can hardly wait to get home and install her along with the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle I bought too. Poor Stephanie, sitting on my wishlist for so long...

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

She fell into my cart at lightspeed too! Not only is she adorable, but I was very comfortable with her price!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

She's the first one I've really liked of that style. I imagine she will be very popular and show up in a lot of renders... hmm... she's terrible! you don't want her! ;p

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited April 2013

Yes, I agree! She's like Sadie's California cousin. :)

I love the Sam and Sadie characters, but don't really care for Jason and Jasmin. So, I wonder who is going to be Kimberly's boyfriend? ;)

I can hardly wait to get home and install her along with the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle I bought too. Poor Stephanie, sitting on my wishlist for so long...

...that's what I thought too. Most of the other younger toon characters are uniquely different but she has a lot of Sadie in her.

Unfortunately will have to wait for another sale as finances are tight since I am out of work for the time being.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

I decided it would be fun to quickly throw together an image of Jasmin, Amy, Jazlyn, and Kimbery using only 3DU stuff. I scaled down the first 3 to 90% (Kimberly shrinks to 80% scale and looked ridiculously smaller), and I thought everything was looking good until I actually rendered the image. Kimberly's default texture setup (set using the character file that came with the product) has noticeable seams.

EDIT: As pointed out later in this thread, the issue is resolved by lowering the shading rate in the advanced render options. The new version of the image had the shading rate at 0.1

3DU2.png
    970 x 728 - 747K
    Post edited by dan.shive on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...she kind of looks like the Genesis version of Sadie 16.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...she kind of looks like the Genesis version of Sadie 16.

I thought the same thing.

-MJ

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    I decided it would be fun to quickly throw together an image of Jasmin, Amy, Jazlyn, and Kimbery using only 3DU stuff. I scaled down the first 3 to 90% (Kimberly shrinks to 80% scale and looked ridiculously smaller), and I thought everything was looking good until I actually rendered the image. Kimberly's default texture setup (set using the character file that came with the product) has noticeable seams.

It might somehow be an issue on my end, as I've also noticed this with Hiro 5, but all I know for certain is such seams are not wanted ^^;

That's a pretty noticeable seam. I'm still going to get her but I do hope that texture gets fixed fast.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Sorry took a nap and just woke up...lol. I see what you mean about the seam dan.shive,but I still like her and you did a wonderful job on the render :-). Have not had time to dl or install her yet..sigh. Wanted to get my categorizing done before I dl and installl all the stuff I got lately.

I also picked up Jazzlyn and the punky looking girl with the dark purple bluish hair...lol...forgot her name :-).

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

The seam doesn't appear on any of the promos. I'm wondering if there could be a setting somewhere causing the problem.

edited December 1969

The seam doesn't appear on any of the promos. I'm wondering if there could be a setting somewhere causing the problem.

I'm wondering that myself. I'm not sure what to try to test that, however.
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited April 2013

I love Genesis. Kimberly in FairyGown with Asobi textures. Background is Makena IIRC. I added Kimberly, the bough and bird and the flowers.

Kimberly-FairyGown.jpg
    579 x 750 - 115K
    Post edited by Spit on
    edited December 1969

I'll take a look at her tonight when I get home and see if I can find a seam problem.

Thanks.

• Derek CarlinDerek Carlin Posts: 38
    edited April 2013

Another cutie from 3DU. A friend alerted me to her premier this morning (she is also seeing that seam problem), Kim was in my basket 20 seconds later. To me she looks like a mix of Sadie and Skye (for whom I've been waiting/hoping for a genesis version ... though Kim might be "close enough").

Some of those expressions ... she seems like she's going to be a bit of a free-spirit with some attitude. Always causing trouble, but getting out of it because she's so cute?!

some quick and dirty renders attached since I didn't have time to work with her much yet (damn that day job!) -- out on the mountain trails with a freebie bike for a good day's ride.

I'm looking forward to getting to know her better (I use Jasmin and Jazlyn a lot).

kimRider-04.png
    1024 x 682 - 823K
    kimRider-02.png
    1024 x 682 - 939K
    Post edited by Derek Carlin on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

With that hair style, she reminds me of Android 18 from DBZ.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

Shading rate. Turn it down to 0.1, see if that helps. Seams are almost always caused by that being too high. If the textures don't bleed far enough off the UV map then the background color shows through.
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

Shading rate. Turn it down to 0.1, see if that helps. Seams are almost always caused by that being too high. If the textures don't bleed far enough off the UV map then the background color shows through.
    I don't see a shading rate as an option under surfaces. If it helps, the UV map is Victoria 4.
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Note to self; Learn what all the advanced rendering options do. That worked! Thanks. I'm going to edit the new rendering into my first post.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

With that hair style, she reminds me of Android 18 from DBZ.

Wow you are totally correct Tramp Graphics...she does look like her. Shoot my son and brother are die hard DBZ Fans...lol.

The renders look awesome. Sorry took so long to respond it is soooooo hot here I thought I was having a heat stroke....sigh.Think I might forgo catergorization today and dl and install and maybe play if I can find everything....lmbo.

edited December 1969

Well I don't see a seam problem. Used the lighting that came with her and my shading rate is at .1 so.....
    She looks good with one of Jasmin's hair.
    :-)

Kim_1.jpg
    500 x 700 - 102K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

I need to colorize some...2 bits. %-P

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

EDIT: As pointed out later in this thread, the issue is resolved by lowering the shading rate in the advanced render options. The new version of the image had the shading rate at 0.1

Those characters are so cute.
    Its hard to believe they come from the same mesh as Mr.Hyde or The Troll. It's crazy.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited April 2013

Post edited by andolaurina on
  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited April 2013

Rendered with Garibaldi Express hair I did for Rapunzel character. Just cut her to medium length. That hair looks good on Kimberly.

Kimberly_with_Rapunzel_Medium_Hair_-_RR_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 782K
    Post edited by Kibby on
    edited December 1969

Obligatory comparison shot. Kim is adorable, and I love the forth-wall breaking shirt (modeled by the lovely young Sadie here). One minor shame is that there's no top to match the bikini bottoms or vice versa, so it looks a bit mismatched. Still, a splash of colour looks good on her, so I'm not complaining.

Kim_and_Sadie.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 644K
  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited April 2013

Obligatory comparison shot. Kim is adorable, and I love the forth-wall breaking shirt (modeled by the lovely young Sadie here). One minor shame is that there's no top to match the bikini bottoms or vice versa, so it looks a bit mismatched. Still, a splash of colour looks good on her, so I'm not complaining.

Beautiful render, HeraldOfFire. :) I also want to share how well the materials are transferred to Luxus. None of them were tweaked for Luxus rendering.
    Kimberly_Witchhouse_Twilight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 568K
    Kimberly_Witchhouse_Daylight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 618K
    Post edited by Kibby on
  • daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Great render! I did a quick side by side too after installing last night. I just didn't have the time to set up a proper scene and all. Like I said in my previous post, Kimberly is Sadie's California cousin!

So, what will Kimberly's surfer dude boyfriend look like, I wonder? Will he be Karl? Kevin? Kenny? Come on now, 3DU, you can tell us! ;)

edited April 2013

If he's anything like Kimberly, maybe they'll have a Facebook competition to decide on a name. I chose Harmony, but I guess Kim was more popular :D

Beautiful render, HeraldOfFire. :) I also want to share how well the materials are transferred to Luxus. None of them were tweaked for Luxus rendering.

She transfers pretty well, but the hair could probably use a little extra work. For my part when I did Sadie in Luxus I used a velvet/glossy mixture for her hair so that it catches the light better while retaining that lovely sheen. The result was something rather nice and cartoony, despite the otherwise realistic setup.
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on