Time to TROLL!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
edited December 1969 in The Commons

NOT TROLLING HONEST! :P

But seriously.... earlier I bought Elebeast, elebeast expansion, and stegolian while they were on sale. Awesome right??

Except that they require TROLL.
But when I bought them, the store was still messed up (well, worse than now anyway) and the required items didn't work.

So I bought them cluelessly thinking they'd work.

Found out otherwise, have kept them because i DO want them....

and was sad because the genesis troll is normally 24 dollars.

But GUESS WHAT FOLKS.... its in the BEST OF GENESIS sale right now and is only $8.74.

That said what is UP with that sale category? it's a sale category but a ton of things there are NOT on sale, like... hitomi bundle, silkessence, and a bunch of others.

And woops, there's the ethnicity morphs, on sale for for $7 (or the bundle for 13!) and i just bought it last weekend more expensively~

The store has me so confused. Seriously... whaaaaaaaaaa?

Oh well... i go buy Troll now... and ask daz for a partial refund on ethnicity morphs ^_^

Comments

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Remember the Father's Day coupon if you still have it!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

But seriously.... earlier I bought Elebeast, elebeast expansion, and stegolian while they were on sale. Awesome right??

But when I bought them, the store was still messed up (well, worse than now anyway) and the required items didn't work.

But GUESS WHAT FOLKS.... its in the BEST OF GENESIS sale right now and is only $8.74.

That said what is UP with that sale category? it's a sale category but a ton of things there are NOT on sale, like... hitomi bundle, silkessence, and a bunch of others.

And woops, there's the ethnicity morphs, on sale for for $7 (or the bundle for 13!) and i just bought it last weekend more expensively~

Oh well... i go buy Troll now... and ask daz for a partial refund on ethnicity morphs ^_^

Everytime I put a product in the store I have a thread that will also describe clearly what is required. So if anyone ever needs any information on my sets they are really not that hard to find. I want things to be clearly known about everything I make.

You commented about the stegolian back in may, so this is not a new complaint.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/181/P15

The elebeast was also clearly described back when it was released:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182202&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The store may have been broken, but I have always been very open about what is used to make up my sets, nothing was hidden and it was all advertised.

I can understand there being frustrations with the store, but we are all doing what we can to make sure there is as little confusion as possible.
    Yes I use the troll in some characters..and yes I will use it more often. That is one of the great things about genesis, you can use one thing to mix and match to make new things.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Everytime I put a product in the store I have a thread that will also describe clearly what is required. So if anyone ever needs any information on my sets they are really not that hard to find. I want things to be clearly known about everything I make.

You commented about the stegolian back in may, so this is not a new complaint.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/181/P15

The elebeast was also clearly described back when it was released:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182202&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The store may have been broken, but I have always been very open about what is used to make up my sets, nothing was hidden and it was all advertised.

I can understand there being frustrations with the store, but we are all doing what we can to make sure there is as little confusion as possible.
    Yes I use the troll in some characters..and yes I will use it more often. That is one of the great things about genesis, you can use one thing to mix and match to make new things.

Oh dear I think you thought I was really trolling! I never said you weren't clear about it, but I did originally miss the fact that stegolian needed troll, and I may have known about elebeast and forgotten. I never said ANYTHING derrogatory about you... You've always been an open and approachable vendor and I have no complaints about you! But I also was not lying when I said the store page for Stegolian said nothing about needing troll because the required item mechanic was broken, and not everyone searches the forums before buying something... especially if it's an awesome rawart product that tends to go straight to the cart.

Finally, this whole thread was ONLY to point out that if you are scatterbrained like me and bought two raw art products that require troll and stlll didn't actually have the troll then you should buy it now on sale!! And yes I KNOW I commented about the stegolian back in may and nothing about my story changed, only that I now also had the elebeast and still no troll! And no I didn't want to return either product because they are awesome (or would be, as soon as i got the troll). So I was waiting for NOW.

See? Absolutely zero trolling here. Only thing I pointed out was that the store requirement thing was broken when I bought stegolian and elebeast. And I waited for the troll, here it is, so I'm sharing with everyone that troll's on sale.

I thought I made the first line sarcastic enough so people would know that I was NOT trolling, just trying to be helpful.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

I think everyone is at wits end about the store problems and the forums have been plagued with negativity....so I think sarcasm is easily lost on frayed nerves.

But so far it seems there have been some big fixes in the store this weekend and things do seem to be getting properly labeled and easily searched...even new releases are now showing up. So hopefully this is a sign of things getting back on track.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

If you ask me, the whole site is a giant trolling from the company! >:D

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

To answer your other question about why some things are on sale and not others, I think the Genesis category sale includes DAZ O's only - Hitomi bundle is a PA product, as are a lot of other Genesis things. There's some nice stuff in the on sale group though!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I think everyone is at wits end about the store problems and the forums have been plagued with negativity....so I think sarcasm is easily lost on frayed nerves.

This is the problem. Even on the old forums the level of negativity had been on the upswing. I personally think that the negativity would have been an issue even if the migration had been perfect. Any change (or even no change) is reason for some to start a gripe session.

In the words of Mr. McFarren: Don't worry, be happy!

On something more positive... what's next in the pipeline Mr. Creature Maker? Hmmmm?....

Kendall

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I think they turned the whole website over to the trolls to maintain. Or bought the software to run it from a company which makes software only trolls can bully into doing what its told.It sort of works, but it's brutal.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

[snip]

[snip]

Guess it's too late. Not finding it. %-P