Help! Morphloader and Genesis

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I must be doing something wrong. I set Genesis to base res, no subdividing, and export as object. I shape it, save as morph obj, and try to load into Genesis via morph target but there's an error every time. Am I getting export options wrong? Is there a method to this I should know?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited April 2013

What is the error? Are you using the same preset to import as you used to export?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

yeah same settings. it says "one or more morphs failed to take effect" or soemthing like that. Looks like morph is there but does nothing :(

edited December 1969

So had you made any changes to the mesh? If there are no changes you will get that message.

edited December 1969

yes. I had exported Genesis as base res/no subdivide, used deformers to make face/head morphs, and exported morphed obj, no subdividing/smoothing, as a new obj. and Then tried to use morph loader to load it in.its not working though. Are there certain settings for obj export I should be using?

edited December 1969

I would expect the OBJ to export with the DFormed effects (which you can check by importing it into the scene).

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

You know you can create morphs from D-Formers directly from the DForm window?

dformer.jpg
    215 x 277 - 40K
    edited December 1969

yes but I can't save and load them into other characters

edited December 1969

Yes, you can.
    Edit / Save As / Support Asset / Morph Asset(s)

Optionally, the Property Editor let you categorize the morph as you want.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Yes, you can.
    Edit / Save As / Support Asset / Morph Asset(s)

Optionally, the Property Editor let you categorize the morph as you want.

Best Tip any user could get. I Vote Hellboy top Tip of the day. Too bad I didn't post it myself....
    edited December 1969

won't it save the entire body shape? how do I get it to save just the morph I made? (ie, ram horns)

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Very useful tip indeed! Thx Hellboy!

edited April 2013

won't it save the entire body shape? how do I get it to save just the morph I made? (ie, ram horns)

No, it will save only the morphs you want and select, not the whole shape as a single morph.
    When you go to save, simply check the box with the desired morph. That’s it.

In Base Data Folder you specify:
    Asset Directory: The runtime path. I use the default “My Library” path.
    Vendor Name: Your name. This will create your custom folder were your personal files will be stored.
    Product Name: Optional
    Info is remembered. You only specify it once.

By default, the D-Former morphs are in “Genesis / Morphs” and are shown in the parameters tab. If you want to get fancy, use the Property Editor, select where to store the morph (head section on shaping tab maybe? your own section?)

You can also assign it an image or change the colors of the dial in the Parameter Settings (in the little cog icon on the morph).
    I save my custom morphs with a card (image) in a section of the shaping tab with my name. I have some D-Former morphs there.
    If you do this optional changes after saving the morph, use "Save Modified Assets".

Best Tip any user could get. I Vote Hellboy top Tip of the day. Too bad I didn't post it myself....

:-)

save.jpg
    435 x 445 - 87K
    Post edited by Soto on