chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
edited May 2012 in Product Suggestions

Please could we have a Roman Toga

here is an example

Post edited by chiefarchon on

Comments

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740
    edited December 1969

I would second that suggestion. DAZ needs more "real" historic costumes IMHO.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/uniforms-costumes/legion-for-genesis

and

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/uniforms-costumes/pretorian-for-genesis

are very nice custumes, no doubt, but nevertheless less historical accurate.
    The Generation 3 figures had some mostly accurate historical clothing, those made by Lourdes Mercado and John Malis f.e., which did their research very well.

• Staffa24Staffa24 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As I am interested in historical costumes as well I had a go at building a toga based on the real thing.
    So far so good but ....

unless the cloth can be made dynamic (which for Studio is still the sole premise of Optitex) there is just too much cloth in this outfit to adjust reasonably well when Genesis is changed from the T-pose into a more human stance.

The only viable option that I can think of is to create a set of fixed poses with matching morphs.
    Any one has a better solution, all suggestions are more than welcome.

toga2.jpg
    400 x 520 - 40K
    toga.jpg
    663 x 519 - 84K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Staffa24 said:
    As I am interested in historical costumes as well I had a go at building a toga based on the real thing.
    So far so good but ....

unless the cloth can be made dynamic (which for Studio is still the sole premise of Optitex) there is just too much cloth in this outfit to adjust reasonably well when Genesis is changed from the T-pose into a more human stance.

The only viable option that I can think of is to create a set of fixed poses with matching morphs.
    Any one has a better solution, all suggestions are more than welcome.

Great job so far!

One thing I have seen done is for dynamic garment that were set up in Poser...where they set up poses and draped the garment in Poser. So you click on the pose. I'm not sure how they did it though but you could use the poses in DS also.

edited December 1969

Thank you Pendraia

I have read here about Poser cloth room (something desperately needed in Daz from what I understand about it) but I neither have Poser or am familiar with its workings so someone here or myself will have to find a solution that works in Studio, though for the moment the outcome looks bleak :-S

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

sorry to hear that...I have Poser but find it very difficult to use or I would offer to help.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much, I would have welcomed your help

Oh well, I'll just cross it off as a failing of Studio ;-)

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

Staffa24 said:

Did you ever finish and release your Toga?

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cecilia, I have most of these, but I was hoping to find one in the style of the Toga Virilis, as pictured by chiefarchon.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Mec4D was working on one a while back...don't know what the current status is, though.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Thanks Cecilia, I have most of these, but I was hoping to find one in the style of the Toga Virilis, as pictured by chiefarchon.

You're welcome. And what if you found a dynamic poncho - like the free one from OptiTex - and draped it around the arm? Maybe you could somehow make some parts of it transparent or something like that. I don't know how to do this, I'm just an "upstart" :) - but from the purely artistic point of view, that would be rather easy.

• AchilliasAchillias Posts: 89

I'm also interested in Roman clothing.