Dwarf for Genesis (Commercial)

GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Just wanted to announce my new set. It is a dwarf for Genesis with plenty of options.

Unleash the fury of the Dwarves upon your Runtime! This set features seven custom sculpted head morphs, three custom sculpted full body morphs, and more than a dozen partial body and head morphs. It also features custom maps with additional maps for scars and hair.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/dwarf-for-genesis

Comments

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

Another try at an image.

HuntDwarf.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 581K
  • tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

wow it is awesome and I cant wait to get it DL'd but everyone an their brother must be DLing it too every time I try to DL it keep failing ;)

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

do not bought this yet, but is already added to my wish list, not to lose sight of him.
    The strength of character expression, the facial features, etc are ideal for religious scenes, for example: the disciples of Christ.
    In my case, it could be the disciple Peter ...?!?
    good, otherwise I will use going forward.
    thank you

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Thanks all, glad you like him.

Yep, the face morphs would be good for more serious renders. You might need to turn them down just a touch but the could get a good look.

The long hair is from Renderosity, StudioArtVartanian Kouros hair. I really tried to find something here but I was just coming up empty.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Yep, the face morphs would be good for more serious renders. You might need to turn them down just a touch but the could get a good look.

The long hair is from Renderosity, StudioArtVartanian Kouros hair. I really tried to find something here but I was just coming up empty.

Works for me. Turns out I have that hair but haven't used it so didn't recognize it. And I guess I shoud have asked, what about the other one? The picture above where it looks like the hair is short on top and longer in the back. I think both hairs that you chose were really great!

edited December 1969

Is the 16039_DwarfforGenesis_1.0_trx.exe installers really 394 MB?? if so no wonder I can't DL it. We don't all live in areas with stable internet connections, particularly in AK in what is still winter time for us ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Two against one, he is too many!

twoagansitone.jpg
    1111 x 865 - 270K
    edited December 1969

Works for me. Turns out I have that hair but haven't used it so didn't recognize it. And I guess I shoud have asked, what about the other one? The picture above where it looks like the hair is short on top and longer in the back. I think both hairs that you chose were really great!

That is the huntsman hair by Mec4D. It was here when I bought it and I changed the hair to black by changing the diffuse.

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    Is the 16039_DwarfforGenesis_1.0_trx.exe installers really 394 MB?? if so no wonder I can't DL it. We don't all live in areas with stable internet connections, particularly in AK in what is still winter time for us ;)

That is probably about right. There are a number of options and high res displacement maps really can add to the size. People want more options and, unfortunately, that means the size goes up. :)

edited December 1969

Nice one Totte, they are the perfect size for fighting him. Can run through the legs and hamstring him to knock him down to size :)

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:

That is probably about right. There are a number of options and high res displacement maps really can add to the size. People want more options and, unfortunately, that means the size goes up. :)

For sure I am not complaining about all that is included, but it would have been smarter to divide it up into multiple pieces, ya know like they used to ;) just food for thought. cuz a file that takes hours to DL will always fail, up here anyway. I also know that you were not responsible for the packing up of the file, and so I will be contacting DAZ on Monday to chat with them on this very issue ;)

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    tonymouse said:

For sure I am not complaining about all that is included, but it would have been smarter to divide it up into multiple pieces, ya know like they used to ;) just food for thought. cuz a file that takes hours to DL will always fail, up here anyway. I also know that you were not responsible for the packing up of the file, and so I will be contacting DAZ on Monday to chat with them on this very issue ;)

Depends on your preferences, I prefer one file as it is less to bother about, the bigger the better, but I understand your concerns, slow and unreliable connections doesn't work well with large files.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

I really like that. What hammer prop is that? I don't recognize it. I've got the product in my cart, but I may do a bit more shopping, but by the end of the day, this will be in my runtime. I really like the choice of options this product has.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Totte said:

I really like that. What hammer prop is that? I don't recognize it. I've got the product in my cart, but I may do a bit more shopping, but by the end of the day, this will be in my runtime. I really like the choice of options this product has.

The big hammer is from Upland Troll (pedatron, sale now), one dwarf has the axes from Porsimo and the other I don't really know (I just searched for Axe in my runtime, but I can look it up if you really wanna know)

• chikako_8af55a8a68chikako_8af55a8a68 Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Another try at an image.

That's a really awesome dwarf! Durin's line, or one of the other seven fathers?

edited December 1969

Another try at an image.

First thanks, and I never knew that set would look that great (I have it but as usual I forget about what I have in my runtime, and that render made me remember another set I have that might look as good as that, will see if I can Autofit that to the Dwarf (an M4 set that is in similar style).

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    riftwitch said:
    Totte said:

The big hammer is from Upland Troll (pedatron, sale now), one dwarf has the axes from Porsimo and the other I don't really know (I just searched for Axe in my runtime, but I can look it up if you really wanna know)

Thanks. You don't need to look up the axe, though. I have the same problem of having lots of stuff in my runtime, and forgetting what's in it. I have lots of weapons, I just need to remember what I have. Maybe I should make some sort of spreadsheet to keep track of the stuff.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Nice works there GoM. In the cart. Will get a bit later.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

So pleased to see a new release from you. Always love your take on things. Really fine looking dwarves. Snagging them in a couple of days.

edited December 1969

My axe!

dwarfwithaxe_s.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 299K
    edited December 1969

chikako said:
    Another try at an image.

That's a really awesome dwarf! Durin's line, or one of the other seven fathers?

Thanks. I would think he is one of Durin's line.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Another try at an image.

First thanks, and I never knew that set would look that great (I have it but as usual I forget about what I have in my runtime, and that render made me remember another set I have that might look as good as that, will see if I can Autofit that to the Dwarf (an M4 set that is in similar style).

Thanks. It was a bit rough finding what I wanted to have on the dwarf. Then a few more sets came out after he was done that could work.

edited December 1969

Thanks RamWolff and maraich :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bought the dwarf as soon as I saw him. He's a perfect addition. About filesize vs. number of files, I'm of the opinion that size should never exceed 75 MB's due to internet connectivity. It doesn't bother me with multiple files as I use DIM anyway. Nice renders, Totte!

edited December 1969

Yeah, DAZ has gone for the single DL structure. Hope everyone is having fun with the dwarf.

edited December 1969

Yeah, DAZ has gone for the single DL structure. Hope everyone is having fun with the dwarf.

We do we do, now trying to squeeze him into my Firefly/Serenity campaign by stealing the concept of Mr Wint and Mr Kidd from James Bond / Diamonds are forever...

edited December 1969

I can see that.

edited December 1969

- Do you see troubles Mr Ryde?
    - I do see troubles Mr Gant, troubles and pain.

MrRyde-mrGant.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 252K