Is there any way to whiten Genesis face vampire style

AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
edited December 1969 in New Users

Was wondering if I could whiten Genesis face white, like vampire character Lucrezia ? So far, I've made it every color but white, in surface, Lol !!

Here's link to character: http://www.daz3d.com/lucrezia

Also, why is Victoria 4 listed in UV drop down menu ? Genesis female > diffuse texture image is V4Lana ? Are these default settings ?
Thanx

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2013

Okay, I'm NEW at this- but I play around with diffuse, specular, and ambient to create the surface color- and I would also make one of those a light bluish gray. White, just plain white, is boring IMO, depending on your lighting. In Surfaces tab (for newbies, be sure you are in EDITOR) you'll find these settings and it affects your surfaces. And your lighting is a BIG factor. I turned a blue dragonfly pink, blue, etc with the LIGHTS. Are you using white lighting?

EDIT- didn't work for me, I set all three of those to white. Didnt do lighting though. So what IS the secret? (I think there's been a thread on this before.)
    Cathie

Post edited by Novica on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Hi Novica, I changed face surface color blue, green, yellow, etc... just not color I'm seeking. Not using any lights yet. Thanx.

Novica said:
    Okay, I'm NEW at this- but I play around with diffuse, specular, and ambient to create the surface color- and I would also make one of those a light bluish gray. White, just plain white, is boring IMO, depending on your lighting. In Surfaces tab (for newbies) you'll find these settings and it affects your surfaces. And your lighting is a BIG factor. I turned a blue dragonfly pink, blue, etc with the LIGHTS. Are you using white lighting?
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to find that thread the past ten minutes. I know this question has been asked before, not for a specific product, but getting the face white. I'm trying to recall if someone took a clown setting and applied it. Hey, there's a thought lol.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

The way to know if you can LIGHTEN a figures Texture in DS is to do this. Select the Figure and Open the Surfaces Tab. Select the Skinface material zone and look at the Diffuse Channel. If the Diffuse Color is set to WHITE 255,255,255 you can not lighten the texture inside DS because the color (tone) is already at full white.

The only way to Lighten textures that load at Full White is to use a 2D art program on the textures to lighten them and Load them to the proper Material zones by hand. Be very Careful and ONLY work on a COPY of a texture that you RENAME so you do not lose the Original texture set.

EDIT: Once you have the Altered textures loaded to the Figure you can Save As>Materials Preset and have it ready to load anytime you wish to use it again.

EDIT AGAIN: Here is the Basic Jeremy texture Lightened in that method. (I over did it, but as you see it works)

Vampire.PNG
    707 x 509 - 587K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Set the diffuse color to a faint blue {or whatever color is about opposite of the overall skin tone], unlock the strength parameters, and crank the strength up above 100%.

Would work far better to edit the textures themselves, though. Do you have an image editor you're familiar with?

edited December 1969

Thanx Jade, to adviced for me at the moment. I'll get into advance surface later, don't want to mess nothin up. Diffuse color is set to white, bummer.

edited December 1969

I use Photoshop CS2, once I feel comfortable with software, I'll start making alterations, to texture, etc..... thanx.

Set the diffuse color to a faint blue {or whatever color is about opposite of the overall skin tone], unlock the strength parameters, and crank the strength up above 100%.

Would work far better to edit the textures themselves, though. Do you have an image editor you're familiar with?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,735
    edited December 1969

My suggestion was going to be what Agent_Unawares offered, but you can use Jaderail's approach without going into an image editor to an extent by using the Layered Image Editor (available by clicking the box with the thumbnail next to Diffuse Colour and picking Layered Image Editor) and adding a solid white layer with a low opacity.

edited December 1969

Very cool, applied Jade's method, and this is the result, alittle more patients in photoshop, her eyebrows will be visible, thanx for all your help friends.

LucreziaFace.jpg
    400 x 400 - 108K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

In PaintShop I duplicated the face texture to a new layer. Completely desaturated the color of the layer and greatly increased contrast and lightness. Then set layer to 50% opacity and blend mode to luminance.

Vampi.jpg
    600 x 600 - 60K