SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

AFAIK coupons can't be stacked.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks. Well, perhaps no sale then. I have to think about it.

Well, I just got Just Jokin' and used the Father's Day coupon. So tomorrow I'll have to make a decision about the Evolution Morphs bundle.

Dana

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

AFAIK coupons can't be stacked.

Before the site upgrade went live, somebody from staff said they would be stackable :( I don't remember if it was in The Commons or PC forum though but I remember seeing the posts about it as well.

edited December 1969

Well it doesn't work right now. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :blank:

Dana

edited December 1969

Another thing...while checking out, it sent me back to the first page of the wizard, my billing info. It seems that although it looks like it's selected in the drop-down, it isn't. You get the * required fields report. But then, even selecting it didn't help the first time...it sent me back again! The third time was the charm. Well, not that there was anything charming about it! At least I got the stuff downloaded. Still not in zip format yet! You'd think the new products would be in zip format by now. They're just making more work for themselves by not doing that right away. They have to make the installers, then they will have to convert them at some point. Dum dee dum dee dum. :shut:

Dana

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2012

There are several questions I've been trying to get answers to in other threads, with no luck - it would be really appreciated if someone who is actually able to speak to the powers that be at Daz could ask them these things and let us know.

1 - When is the sale ending date of Zahir's Palace? Why is it that Daz seems quite able to put end dates on some sale items and not others?? Until the store is working right, they should at least be able to put this information on EVERY item when they send out newsletters announcing the items! The same newsletter annoucing Zahir's Palace had another item that they DID have a sale end date for.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/dms-zahirs-place/

2 - We were told in the old forums that coupons would stack. They don't. Will this be changed?

3 - We were told in the old forums that PC sale items would be handled differently in the new store - so that if something was on sale for 20% off, the 20% off would be ADDED to the 30% off and therefore the discount to PC members would be 50%. This is NOT happening. The discount is exactly as it used to be. See Zahir's Palace, above, for an example of this. The price should be $12.48, rather than the $13.97 it is now. Why is what we were promised for pricing not happening and when will it be changed???

Thank you!!!

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Am I the only one who's Wishlist isn't working? I haven't seen too many other people mentioning this but it is really frustrating that it isn't working.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

PhilW, the last time I had loaded mine it was working. I don't do it often because it used to take 30-45 minutes. With this new site, it took over 1hr to load so I don't intend on doing that again, it's a complete waste of time :(

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Am I the only one who's Wishlist isn't working? I haven't seen too many other people mentioning this but it is really frustrating that it isn't working.

Mine is borked and none of the mentioned fixes will fix it.
    edited December 1969

It depends on what you mean by working. Mine loads, slowly, but it's in a useless order. At least now it loads onto one page, rather than the paged sets it did when the new site went live. But ordered by date added? Useless. And no sorting. If those are the things you mean by not working, then no, it's not working. I think the links work, though.

Dana

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

This is what I get when trying to access the Wishlist - different to what you guys are seeing...

Magento-Error-Message.jpg
    647 x 231 - 32K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I am able to reach my wishlist but there are duplicates in them and things are in random order. I think there is stuff I already bought in my wishlist.

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

For those having problems with Firefox version 13 web browser crashing. Your not alone. See following article.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18495965
    Well unlucky number 13 strikes again.:vampire:

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I knew I wasn't seeing things, GigaBeat!!

But it's a bit late now that I'm working through a different browser.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

GigaBeat said:
    For those having problems with Firefox version 13 web browser crashing. Your not alone. See following article.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18495965
    Well unlucky number 13 strikes again.:vampire:

Thanks for this! I didn't have any trouble until the Firefox 13.0.1 update but it pretty much coincided with the Flash 11.3 update so that may be moot. I've used the instructions to revert Flash to the prior version (I don't have RealPlayer installed).

Fingers crossed.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

I just purchased the 3 new PC items and none of them have metadata files. What is the deal? Are they not including those anymore or is it just another 'glitch' in the store?

Also, the Gatwyck Marketplace product has no vendor info on the page. Do they assume we just happen to know whose product it is?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I just purchased the 3 new PC items and none of them have metadata files. What is the deal? Are they not including those anymore or is it just another 'glitch' in the store?

When I bought the Fantasy Camp II there was a metadata file included, however, I accidently used up the downloads for that item without getting the files. I then reset the item, but the metadata file did not show up again, only the install file. So somethng must be wrong.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

sapat said:

Also, the Gatwyck Marketplace product has no vendor info on the page. Do they assume we just happen to know whose product it is?

Gatwyck Marketplace

sku: 14663

Email to a Friend
    Published Artist(s):

Muze

Is what I see on the Product page.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The separate metadata installers has never, or at least rarely, been needed - it was there as an option for adding or updating the metadata later on, but it has always been in the base installer too. It seems that they are now using only the base installer - which at least simplifies the download list.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited June 2012

Finally, a new problem (at least new to me).

I just received an eMail stating that "I" right now unsubscribed from the newsletter. Problem is: I actually didn't...

But my account indeed has unchecked the newsletter option - I now turned it on again.

Whoever did this, I hope it is another shop/software glitch by itself and not some other user interfering with my account (?)

Anyone else with this problem?

Post edited by Martin_C on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

If you're a PC member, then it's probably part of them fixing things for you.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2409/#30375

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

Ah - thanks, I didn't see this post.

As a matter of fact, I am a PC member indeed, but I initially subscribed at the "new" shop (for 1 year) and I thought that the renewal bug only affects earlier members from the old shop on a monthly scheme. So I didn't expect a fix at this time...

edited December 1969

Whatever they "fixed", I now can't log into the shop any more - just an endless loop with the log-in page.

I can't open a support ticket for it for the same reason - so once I get kicked out of this forum as well (happens 2-3 times a day) I'm probably locked out permanently...

Are the direct eMail addresses that were given still valid for emergency (if the problem should stay)?

edited June 2012

Wish I'd seen this sooner, hope you're still awake.

Martin_C said:
    As a matter of fact, I am a PC member indeed, but I initially subscribed at the "new" shop (for 1 year) and I thought that the renewal bug only affects earlier members from the old shop on a monthly scheme. So I didn't expect a fix at this time...

I'm not sure about that. The PC member bugs might affect every member, I don't know.
    Or they might've just gone down a list, without checking when people joined.

May be coincidence. The old store dropped subscriptions randomly. Wouldn't be surprised if this one does.

Whatever they “fixed”, I now can’t log into the shop any more - just an endless loop with the log-in page.

I can’t open a support ticket for it for the same reason - so once I get kicked out of this forum as well (happens 2-3 times a day) I’m probably locked out permanently…

That's a separate issue (coincidence). I'm prone to the reverse. The forum login loop is fixed by logging out of the store.

The store login loop should be fixed by logging out of the forum.
    At least that's the standard advice given, and I haven't seen anyone say that it didn't work. (Those folks are still in here).

Tho' in this case, I imagine you'd be reluctant to try that.

Are the direct eMail addresses that were given still valid for emergency (if the problem should stay)? Yeah, they gave email addys, in this forum, that should still work.

In the absolute worst case, you could contact Daz_Ann at Art Collaborations:
    http://www.art-collab.com/contact-us/contact/
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems like the shop is currently bizarre again after a couple of calm days (I managed to place 2 large orders recently and it worked fine).

I managed to log into the shop again, but for now logical reason - any attempt to log directly by "Log In" or "My Account" resulted in the loop, but opening an older "cached" page from yesterday not only showed the content but also logged me in again for all other pages.

This is especially strange, because I manually deleted all cookies earlier. Since the "history" page didn't contain cookies it means that my failed log-in attempts did set cookies properly, this may indicate that the "loop" bug is really only the "answer" page of the log-in form.

Anyone cursed by this could try to bookmark one of the "internal" pages of his/her account, and if you are stuck in the loop, just try to load that directly afterwards.

Thanks for your help (so far) and the addresses. I am confident that you won't lock me out forever (at least I hope so...) but I currently need to download all of my purchases and so geting locked out for just the weekend without a chance to shout for help is a bit of a nightmare... :-)

edited June 2012

Hey! Glad you got it sorted. That's a new one on me, I'll make a bookmark just in case.

Since you'll be doing a lot of downloading, you could try Taozen's 3D Content Downloader, if you haven't.
    Makes the process much less tedious, avoids corruption, and you can have it sort the files into folders.

It may be immune to the login loop, too, because it might bypass that part. (Link in my signature).

Martin_C said:
    but I currently need to download all of my purchases and so geting locked out for just the weekend without a chance to shout for help is a bit of a nightmare... :-)

:gulp:
    edited June 2012

Thanks, looks interesting and I will check it sometimes soon. However, I'm on Mac and I don't want to run VMWare/WinXP right now for that - especially since it mentions some manual work for XP.

I already noticed that the shop kicks out most/all of the ordinary download managers. Do you know if there is a workaround, like submitting the account log-in in some special format? The plain pair of accountname/password doesn't work.

PS: By the way, forget my suggestion about the bookmark, that obviously fails. The cache did the trick, so the log-in loop did set the cookies, but it required a (partially) pre-loaded content page to make it survive following links.

Post edited by Martin_C on
    edited June 2012

Ack! I always forget Mac. (Maybe I was meant to be a programmer ;-) ).

I really have no idea at all. I've seen people mention vague speculations about other download managers, but I've never seen any facts.

If you do find one, I think this store hates multiple threads, too, so I'd set it to one thread.

Martin_C said:
    PS: By the way, forget my suggestion about the bookmark, that obviously fails. The cache did the trick, so the log-in loop did set the cookies, but it required a (partially) pre-loaded content page to make it survive following links.

Well, I'm confused. Hopefully, If I ever need the advice, I'll be able to find it again.
    edited June 2012

Er, except that it's Email/Passsword, not username/password...

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

There are still problems with the log in functionality. E.g this morning (i.e. a few hours ago) When I clicked 'My Account' it would take me to the correct page, however when I then tried to accss the forum it showed me as logged out when I hadn't . So I was logged into my account but couldn't make any forum posts. Iv'e submitted a ticket. I don't know if this is caching related I tried refreshing etc. I also did try to log out at one point and got a an error message saying the server couldn't complete the action correctly (Firefox message).