Backdrop question

AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
edited December 1969 in New Users

How do I zoom in/out with backdrop/Genesis model together, opposed to Genesis model zooming solo ? Tutorial online is for Daz 2.1, thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A BackDrop will not ZOOM. to do that Create a Primitive Plane and size it to CLOSE to your BG image shape. In the Surfaces Tab you Load the BG image into the Diffuse Channel with Browse (the square box) and into the Ambient Channel. Set Ambient color to White and to 100%. Position the Plane were you need it and Now Zoom will work as you need it too.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

MAKE SURE you disable shadow casting and reception on the object if you do it that way!!!!

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Thanx friends, will give it a shot.

edited December 1969

I always Forget to mention the Shadow part. Thank you Wancow. My bad.

edited April 2013

Primitive plane created, now in surface, primitive behind Genesis. In the Surfaces Tab you Load the BG image into the Diffuse Channel with Browse (the square box) and into the Ambient Channel. Surface section, completely lost, Lol !!

Seems like, everytime I try to apply an idea, I have to buy something, Lol !!!! Backdrop deluxe, goodness gracious.

Post edited by AJ2112 on
    edited April 2013

Menus Window>Panes (Tabs)>Surfaces You can drag it and dock it with your other Tabs. You the Select the Plane and EXPAIND it in the Surfaces Tab that you just opened.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited April 2013

Jaderail said:
    Menus Window>Panes (Tabs)>Surfaces You can drag it and dock it with your other Tabs. You the Select the Plane and EXPAIND it in the Surfaces Tab that you just opened.

Thanx Jade, already in the surface tab panel editor. Plane seclected.

Diffuse color
    Diffuse strength
    Glossiness etc......

Don't know how to load backdrop to primitive ? I did in Bryce though, Lol !! In the future, will take screenshots,.

Edit: clicked on diffuse color drop down arrow, select background, it worked, only sideway's, Lol !!!

Post edited by AJ2112 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I made that mistake once on an otherwise nice render! Had the trooper in front of a great sunset, and his shadow right over it! It totally SUCKED! :P

edited December 1969

Thanx Jade, got it all figured out, sweet :)

wancow said:
    Jaderail said:

I made that mistake once on an otherwise nice render! Had the trooper in front of a great sunset, and his shadow right over it! It totally SUCKED! :P