Ho does one select PC D/L only now?

BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I dont see a pref tab in my downloadables?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Because they are moving towards .zips where the files will be the same for both Mac and PC, this option was deemed not necessary for the new store.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Because they are moving towards .zips where the files will be the same for both Mac and PC, this option was deemed not necessary for the new store.

So I am always going to see both options? whata pain..

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Until such time (soon?) that there is only one such option, yes.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    adamr001 said:

So I am always going to see both options? whata pain..

No, you won't see it anymore when they switch to zips, which will be the same file for PC or Mac

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited May 2012

While I have your attention how does one contact support now when I hit submit help request it gives no valid address?

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

looking forward to the zips though - makes figuring out where things go a lot easier.

• plopsplops Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    looking forward to the zips though - makes figuring out where things go a lot easier.

Provided your setup is the same as theirs !!!

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I meant that you can see the file structure of the zips. That, for me, makes it a lot easier. I have spent countless hours searching for elusive locations of files because they are not in any of the locations where I expect them to be. Being able to see the heiracy within the zip is a great boon - at least in my eyes ;-)

• plopsplops Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    I meant that you can see the file structure of the zips. That, for me, makes it a lot easier. I have spent countless hours searching for elusive locations of files because they are not in any of the locations where I expect them to be. Being able to see the heiracy within the zip is a great boon - at least in my eyes ;-)

Sorry, I was drunk & so misunderstood, I thought you meant to install directly from the zips.
    And you're absolutely right, looking for stuff wastes a lot of my time too.
    Good luck.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

If you have the Download Install Manager installed on your system, it will only download the zips.