Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Epeaches said:
    . . . I am so disappointed in Daz. They have still not given us our art galleries back for ArtZone. My friends enjoyed viewing my art gallery and now I have no resource on daz that is showing our art galleries. I thought ArtZone was cool and how it show cased our art galleries. I want ArtZone back. The other daz studio galleries have too many demands, sizing and qualifications if they show the art you post or not. It takes the fun out of art by putting too many restrictions on the art itself.

Have you considered deviantART? Much wider exposure, and easy for your friends to see without them having to log on. Here's my dA gallery (note the easy-to-use folders on the left) and here's my dA profile page. People can also get together and show their art in Groups for whatever reasons (for example, I'm running one dedicated to umbrellas and parasols in art, here).
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Are removed-post notifications supposed to be working?

They removed some off-topic fun, heh.

Granted, it rarely worked on the old forum, for me. (Spam box option is shut off, so I never miss anything... including spam, of course).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That depends whether it was moved or merged. If it was moved to make a new thread, then only the person who made the first post in the "New" thread may get a notification. If it was was merged then only the "owner" of the merged thread will get a notification. If it was just one post that was moved then the poster could get both a notification of it being moved, and an explanatory email from the Forum Team.

Was it anything in particular that you were looking for ?

edited June 2012

Edit: Oh, hey, I just found the thread they got spun off to.

That's pretty cool! :wow:

I just assumed they got removed-from-public-view.

Nothing to report, then. :red:

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous. I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn't the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:
    I just bought the Genisis boots. My antivirus promptly pounced on the file and ATE it, saying it was dangerous. I have Norton 369, which HATES a lot of Daz productsl this wasn't the first time it killed a file. I would like to get that product. Putting in a call to customeer service.

Unfortunately Customer Service can't do much about that -- you need to configure Norton to either allow files from DAZ 3D or to alert you but not delete the file automatically. Then you can test the file with other antivirus programs (I usually use virustotal.com, which allows you to submit a file and run it through 40+ security programs, but I don't recall what their file size limit is). Norton tends to pounce on any unknown executable file which hasn't been downloaded by a lot of people. When DAZ 3D finishes switching everything to Zip files this should be less of a problem.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374
    edited December 1969

How do I configure Norton to leave the files alone?

edited June 2012

Damsel said:
    How do I configure Norton to leave the files alone?

This page might help - Click Me.

And there are other steps you can take:

Taozen's downloader will strip off little bits of junk that get tacked onto the ends of files, that might stop Norton from freaking.
    http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

You could download it in Safe Mode with Networking, if you're on Windows.
    And scan it, like fixmypcmike says.
    Then install it. And/or install it to a temporary folder and zip that up, so you'll have it.
    Then reboot back to normal Windows (if that's what you're running), and see if Norton still hates the downloaded version.

By the way, Taozen has made a thingy that'll let you keep track of what you've bought:
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

The store doesn't stop you from buying something twice - it used to, and it will again (when they fix it).
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

Interesting, I got a notification that someone had just posted a new post to this thread but when I clicked on the link I got sent to a page that said

Error

The following errors were encountered

The specified thread does not exist

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited June 2012

Spit said:
    And, honestly, it was an easy enough fix to put the latest posted thread on top. It's just as easy to put the thread with the latest posted to date/time on top. It's really not rocket science.

Unfortunately it isn't -- newest thread on top was a configuration issue which was able to be done by people other than the web developers. Newest post on top apparently isn't just a configuration issue.

Actually, it is a configuration issue--well a forum management control panel issue. I spent a few hours yesterday researching EE via google, their support forum and wiki. I noted immediately their support forum behaves like the old DAZ Forum with latest posted to topic on top. That is actually one of the defaults.

I took some notes:

module called discussion forum module

the following has been found in several places for current version as seemingly standard syntax....note what I found earlier re order by--looks like order by has evolved but basic common sense functionality remains.

(I think sort order of posts in forums after initial forum creation is controlled via 'edit' of specific forum in the forum management control panel. Looks like no way to change this across all forums at once. CAN change the creation default template that will affect all future forums......)

----------------------
    orderby=

orderby="post_date" The “order” parameter sets the display order of the forum topics. Setting options for this parameter include:

orderby=”post_date”
    orderby=”recent_post”
    orderby=”title”

sort=

sort="asc" sort="desc" The sort order can be “asc” (ascending order or “oldest item first” for dates) or “desc” (descending order or “newest item first” for dates). If you do not use a sort order the default is desc.

The above is for the latest version. The syntax is different for the original version of EE but the choices are the same.

Post edited by Spit on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:

Unfortunately Customer Service can't do much about that -- you need to configure Norton to either allow files from DAZ 3D or to alert you but not delete the file automatically. Then you can test the file with other antivirus programs (I usually use virustotal.com, which allows you to submit a file and run it through 40+ security programs, but I don't recall what their file size limit is). Norton tends to pounce on any unknown executable file which hasn't been downloaded by a lot of people. When DAZ 3D finishes switching everything to Zip files this should be less of a problem.

have the same problem with genX but I haven`t found a possibility in the norton settings to allow downloads from single sites like daz3d

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2012

I can do what I want on settings. Norton remove the genX 64 bit version right after the download.

normaly I will be asked by norton what it should do if there are dangerous or unknown files but not on genX 64bit this will be removed everytime without any asking by norton.

Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    Interesting, I got a notification that someone had just posted a new post to this thread but when I clicked on the link I got sent to a page that said

Error

The following errors were encountered

The specified thread does not exist

This probably happened because a lot of off topic stuff was split off into it's own thread. It seems to be the new forums version of "No posts exist for this topic" message which you got on the old forums if posts had been moved or hidden.
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    To be honest, what I can't understand is that there is any commercial forum software out there that doesn't have easy options to put the new threads at the top of the list and to move any threads with new posts to the top of the list. It just doesn't seem logical that there would be.

There is and DAZ is using the software. :(

Sorting that way is actually one of the default options.

Go figure.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Damsel said:

...interesting, I've been running the full Norton IS suite for several years and while it occasionally flags a new product installer for not having been DL'd by enough Norton users yet, I never had it actually reject, quarantine, or kill anything from Daz.
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Here's my opinion on the state of the forum.

1. The forum is suffering. Due to the fact that new posts do not bump threads to the top, its usefulness is greatly diminished.

2. The forum serves as a springboard for new purchases in the "Store". Diminished forum use will result in diminished purchases, possibly even lost customers.

3. Effort needs to be put into correcting the thread sort order problem now, even if the store is not working 100%.

4. Other forum problems such as avatars, in-line images, image order control, auto resizing of images, bad smileys, log-out issues, etc. can be tolerated more easily, and can wait.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

...interesting, I've been running the full Norton IS suite for several years and while it occasionally flags a new product installer for not having been DL'd by enough Norton users yet, I never had it actually reject, quarantine, or kill anything from Daz.

Starting yesterday I've had Norton quarantine my downloads from Daz, not all of them. It let the fantasy bath through without problem, but others that have been out longer it quarantiened, saying it had WS.Reputation.1 I can go in and get it to restore the file but it's a pain. Prior to that the worst I had happen was them tell me they may not be safe. This is new however.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Once the store is functioning correctly I'm sure these are issue that will be worked on. I know we have brought them to their attention on several occasions.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

Starting yesterday I've had Norton quarantine my downloads from Daz, not all of them. It let the fantasy bath through without problem, but others that have been out longer it quarantiened, saying it had WS.Reputation.1 I can go in and get it to restore the file but it's a pain. Prior to that the worst I had happen was them tell me they may not be safe. This is new however.

Try running the installer through my utility to get past norton's catch.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

Kendall

It is when it is downloaded that it is caught by Nortons, not when I try to run the installer. Never get the chance to run the installer before Norton is on it like a duck on a beetle.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

Kendall

It is when it is downloaded that it is caught by Nortons, not when I try to run the installer. Never get the chance to run the installer before Norton is on it like a duck on a beetle.

Ouch. You probably want to turn off Norton's for downloading from DAZ for the time being. The corruption at the end of the files are going to cause problems.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Damsel said:

Kendall

Ouch. You probably want to turn off Norton's for downloading from DAZ for the time being. The corruption at the end of the files are going to cause problems.

Kendall

I've not encountered any corrupted files. I have had a few files that didn't completely download, but those were incomplete files. Otherwise my files have been fine.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited June 2012

...stinkin' timeout, lost everything I had written after spending nearly an hour in research and testing. They really need to expand the time limit.

Anyway, ran a little test.

Reset the download on some older content I noticed that the installer was apparently updated and consequently, received the usual "not enough Norton users" message. Since I had already DL'd this prop a couple years ago, clicked on "Trusted" and the file installed without a hitch. Now the original prop used one of the old Daz .exes (the one with the red and grey icon) and had separate installers for the Daz and Poser shaders. The new installer handled both formats in the same operation (there is also now a Metadata installer for Studio 4 as well). This could possibly be what N360 is barfing on as maybe something with the installer conversion is causing it to send up red flags where it didn't before.

The one odd thing I did notice though, the file I chose appeared to have been modified as well since I last installed it as on the readme page it now lists the application requirements as being Daz Studio 3+ and Poser 6+. I remember that this prop originally would not work in Studio 3 because of compatibility issues 3 had with some older shaders (which is why I kept Studio 2.3 around). So, this could be another thing Norton sees that it doesn't particularly like.

A bit of good news though, During my research I noticed that some of the other old content I reset now has .zip installers for the PC platform so things may be looking up.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

I've noticed that if you accidently purchase an item you already own, the existing item in the history will be overwritten with the new one, including new date and order #. Is that supposed to be so? And if you return the new copy, will it revert to the old one again, or what?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Same happened to me. I'm not sure if its suppose to or not. May be worth submitting it to bug tracker.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

The new store is suppose to check for items purchased in this new store to see if it's already been purchased. This is not currently the case with items purchased on the old store. We will offer refunds to anyone who needs based on previously purchased items from our old store.

I hope at some point this will be fixed. I just don't know the schedule of it at this time.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Same happened to me. I'm not sure if its suppose to or not. May be worth submitting it to bug tracker.

Will do that...

edited June 2012

The new store is suppose to check for items purchased in this new store to see if it's already been purchased. This is not currently the case with items purchased on the old store. We will offer refunds to anyone who needs based on previously purchased items from our old store.

I hope at some point this will be fixed. I just don't know the schedule of it at this time.

Well in the old store you would actually get a Yes/No dialog to whether you wanted to buy the item anyway, if you already had it, but I don't know what actually happened if you did - if the existing history entry was overwritten or what.
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

I've noticed that if you accidently purchase an item you already own, the existing item in the history will be overwritten with the new one, including new date and order #. Is that supposed to be so?

It did that even in the old software.

And if you return the new copy, will it revert to the old one again, or what?

That I don't know.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Taozen said:

I've noticed that if you accidently purchase an item you already own, the existing item in the history will be overwritten with the new one, including new date and order #. Is that supposed to be so?

It did that even in the old software.

And if you return the new copy, will it revert to the old one again, or what?

That I don't know.
    Coldrake
    Well I just had it confirmed, as I returned the item (they're fast now, took about an hour).

It was the latest purchase that was refunded, according to the orders, but it's that purchase that remains in the history with the new date, order number etc. It's still listed in both orders, but marked "Refunded" in the latest.

So technically there's a mismatch between the history and the orders now.