newbie buying query

rmckeownrmckeown Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm a little confused about what is need as a foundation when buying products.

For instance p3d Tom is a character for Michael 4 makes sense.

However, it goes on to say "as well as Genesis with M4 Shapes"

I have the free genesis essentials - do I need to buy Michael 4 to get tom to work?

thanks

Comments

• rmckeownrmckeown Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anabelle is a beautiful and versatile character for Victoria 4 and Genesis....

So if I buy Annabelle, will that work the same whether I buy victoria or not?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It does appear that you will need these http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis in order to make the character work properly on Genesis.

• rmckeownrmckeown Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cholole

The ad for that says it includes Michael 4 shape Morph and Victoria4 shape Morph

So by buying this product at 13.97 I effectively get Michael 4 and Victoria 4 ?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Well, Michael 4 and Victoria 4 are separate figures. But with that product you can make Genesis take on the appearance of Michael 4 or Victoria 4.

One difference is, some products that require Michael 4 or Victoria 4 won't work on Genesis, even with the M4 or V4 shape. If you have questions about specific products it's best to ask...but the basic rule is:

Skin textures for V4 and M4 can be used on Genesis
    Clothing for V4 and M4 can be AutoFit to Genesis (results vary but are usually good, except for shoes and some long dresses and similar items)
    Hair, poses, and props for V4 and M4 can be used on Genesis, but may require some manual tweaking to work properly
    Morphs and expressions for V4 and M4 won't work on Genesis, unless you own Genesis Generation X (GenX).

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

rmckeown said:
    Thanks Cholole

The ad for that says it includes Michael 4 shape Morph and Victoria4 shape Morph

So by buying this product at 13.97 I effectively get Michael 4 and Victoria 4 ?

As the above poster says you get their shapes for Genesis. Effectively moulding Genesis into Victoria or Michael 4. However, you do not get any textures with the bundle, just the shapes. There are a ton of textures available on the market however which can cover you there. All Gen4 textures work perfectly fine with Genesis as long as you set the UV maps for the correct model in the surfaces tab.