Need help installing a product I bought here at DAZ

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all,

I bought two products this weekend and they both come in the old zip files. Now, I know how to handle them for the most part. My process is, I unpack EVERYTHING individually to a temporary folder then I make sure everything is properly in order and then I copy/paste it to the library/runtimes I need them to go into based on the type of item it is. But, these two are stumping me over 1 particular file they have packed in them along with the old "Content" folder. I have included a screen shot and circled the file with my pretty pink marker... can anyone tell me where I put this file at?? and the same configuration file is in both of them (or at least they are named the same so when putting them in same folders, I will get asked to replace.) Is this file even needed anymore with DAZ 4+??

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

You can ignore the manifest file, you don't need it. I think it's used by the DIM installer.

• edited December 1969

You can ignore the manifest file, you don't need it. I think it's used by the DIM installer.

Thank you so much, this is awesome news!

And, btw, even though it is totally off topic - I have to agree with the comment in your signature regarding Luxus... but then I am so completely CLUELESS even with the manual and all I get out of it are blotchy renders. But, I think that is how they get em started, someone starts something with some questions listed out, asks the mod to sticky it so it doesnt go POOF and people just keep adding to it. =)

Thank you again for the help

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I know all about blotchy :lol:
    It's like having to learn how to render all over again, but for me the integration of Luxus in Daz Studio makes it easy to learn. And, if i may add, Bluebird's Luxus training worked miracles for me (it's still on ketchup sale today).