How do you save .pz2 Matposes in Daz with the poser exporter?

IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
edited December 1969 in New Users

When I run the script, I can't figure it out. You... CAN save matposes in DAZ can't you...? Because that's half the reason I DLed the plugin...

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    When I run the script, I can't figure it out. You... CAN save matposes in DAZ can't you...? Because that's half the reason I DLed the plugin...

The Pose exporter plugin works for creating pose files, not mat files.
    In D/S one can create D/S mat files. File > Save as > Material Preset
    In Poser one can create Poser material files.
    People either manually edit these material files to turn them into .pz2 files or use a script utility to do the job.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The PFE (Poser Format Exporter) is only for Poses or Animated Poses. Not for Poser Mat files.

DS materials and Poser Materials are set up differently. You Need a Material converter not the PFE.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

Ohhh. Okay. I just DLed MPE, but when I try to run the program/installer, I get the following: “Error” ActiveX component cannot create object”
    :(
    I looked around, and apparently this is an MS Office error, even though my MS Office works just fine!

edited December 1969

I've never used MPE but have heard of it. I'm afraid I can not help with it.

edited December 1969

? A simple editor works fine, like Notepad.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I'm not positive, but I think Create Poser Mats works in DS4 as well as DS3: http://www.sharecg.com/v/36622/browse/9/Plug-in/Create-Poser-Mats

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

The page says it only works in DS3....

edited December 1969

I fail to see how. Poser Bump and Displacement maps need a math node to do Down from a base off 0,0,0 were DS uses Mid Grey as the Base and Bumps up or down with 0,0,0 as full down.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I fail to see how. Poser Bump and Displacement maps need a math node to do Down from a base off 0,0,0 were DS uses Mid Grey as the Base and Bumps up or down with 0,0,0 as full down.

Copyright.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Copyright.

I don't follow - are you saying they are different to avoid infringement? That's definitely wrong, for one thing DS (which is the later implementation) is closest to the standard set by other applications.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Copyright.

I don't follow - are you saying they are different to avoid infringement? That's definitely wrong, for one thing DS (which is the later implementation) is closest to the standard set by other applications.

Well that's what I had read a few years back as being the reason. Quite happy to find out it's wrong. As it was in written in one of two forums, there'd be a few people not knowing this was wrong, so ... back to mysteries then :-)