NEW USERS’S CONTEST March 2013

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

New User's Contest - March 2013

Sponsored by DAZ 3D & IgnisSerpentus

Are you new to the 3D World? Are you at the beginning stages of learning 3D rendering? Have you been around for a little bit but feel you could benefit from some feedback or instruction? Have you been around awhile and would like to help other members start their creative journey? Well then come and join the fun as we host our newest contest...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Holding Hands"

We all need a hand from time to time, to help, to lend to hold. This month’s contest is about hands, hands that hold things or hold onto things.

Intent: To create a scene where the holding hand is the important part, posing, shaping and lighting, but also put the hand into a context of the image.

This months sponsor is IgnisSerpentus her store is here http://www.daz3d.com/ignisserpentus

I will be checking in on the WIP THREAD as will the rest of the Community Volunteers to try and help with anything you all may need.

For a list of the current contest rules, please see this thread: Contest Rules

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When working on your submissions, if you would like to get feedback as you work or before posting your final image, please post your image to the WIP THREAD . People will be popping in to the WIP THREAD to give you some critique and advice on your entry and help along the way. Please keep all comments on entries etc to the WIP THREAD as well because comments or requests for help/feedback/advice will be removed from the contest thread and merged into the WIP THREAD . This thread is only for posting final contest submissions.

For those veterans of the forums that would like to help, because this contest is designed for the beginner to learn from, we will be randomly selecting posts offering helpful tips and/or critiques to receive a special voucher as well so whether you are a seasoned artist or an aspiring one, there is fun for everyone!

Closing Date: March 31th 2013

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• RJMAILRJMAIL Posts: 1
    edited March 2013

Tittle: Capicce
    Software: Daz 3D / Photoshop

Cappice.jpg
    800 x 470 - 109K
    Post edited by RJMAIL on
  • edited April 2013

Here is my submission:

Title: The Hands That Bind
    Software: DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro - 3Delight Rendered
    Edit: Added Art Logo & Copyright tag wity Gimp - No other postwork

The_Hands_That_Bind.jpg
    565 x 800 - 309K
    Post edited by Tangled Web Creations on
  • FrederickRMFrederickRM Posts: 9
    edited March 2013

Here's the first one:

Title: Settling it like REAL men.

Software: Poser, Photoshop

Arm_Wresting_-_04c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 74K
    Post edited by FrederickRM on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

Rendered for the DAZ New User's Contest - March 2013, HELPING HANDS member challenge

"FRIENDSHIP"

Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5… signature postwork done in Paint Shop Pro 7

ENJOY!

FRIENDSHIP_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    800 x 640 - 177K
  • NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

I didn't have allot of time to get this one done and the props did not get the texturing I would like but I am still getting to know Luxus....

Title: Passion Forbidden

All Daz Studio 4.5 with Luxus, minor post work done in Gimp.

PassionForbiden.jpg
    614 x 800 - 128K
  • SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited March 2013

Title: Blackness

Software: Daz 4.5 , Gimp 2.6

Blackness6.jpg
    445 x 626 - 87K
    Post edited by SGCBearcub on
  • GallCommTVGallCommTV Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Older sisters can be wonderful during your first day in 'big skewl'. I have very vivid memories of that day ..... a while ago.

Deirdre_n_Alex_first_day_of_winter_term.jpg
    1297 x 874 - 809K
  • spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Here is my entry. I just call it

Standing Watch
    DAZ3D 4.5 Pro
    3Delight Render

Goodluck everyone and happy rendering;-P

Standing_Watch_Finished.jpg
    846 x 772 - 413K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Not really a new user, but new to posting in this part of the forum!

I don't usually get involved in these challenges, but the theme this month inspired a render, so there's no point in not posting it!

I call it "Holding Hands" - after the theme of this challenge.

hanz.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 143K
  • kittenwyldekittenwylde Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Title: Harper
    Software used: DAZ Studio 4.5, Photoshop CS4
    Rendered in 3Delight

march_final_sm.jpg
    800 x 800 - 290K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2013

Title: Babies First Bug
    Software: 100% Daz

babiesfirstbug2.jpg
    800 x 585 - 208K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited April 2013

The Winners are

1st - Passion Forever by nreed
    2nd - Harper by sithkitten
    HM - Blackness by SGCBearcub

Congratulations to all. Will the winners please contact me with there choice of pack from IgnisSerpentus store. The 1st place winner can choose 2 packs from her store and the 2nd and HM winners can choose 1 pack. Bundles from her store are excluded. Please include your DAZ email address and a link to the product(s) you would like so they can be added to your account.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, and to everyone who entered! :) We saw some great work this month.

I've set up April's contest and would like to encourage you to participate: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19910/
    WIP Thread for April here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19908/

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Congratulations everyone.

Well done everyone :)

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to thank IgnisSerpentus for sponsoring the contest and to everyone who helped me with my image:)

• kittenwyldekittenwylde Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

Thanks IgnisSerpentus for sponsoring the contest! And thanks as well to everyone who helped out. :)

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    The Winners are

1st - Passion Forever by nreed
    2nd - Harper by sithkitten
    HM - Blackness by SGCBearcub

Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated.

• NeilrNeilr Posts: 69
    edited December 1969

Glad to have participated in the contest and looking forward to next months because I am wanting to learn more about materials shaders and such, I do ok but mostly by trial and guess. And BTW thanks to the sponsor I really enjoyed browsing your store and will be back to get several items.

I sent a PM as instructed but it does not show in my "sent" folder that it went through....not sure if it did and the forum is buggy or what...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You have to check the box to save a copy to your sent folder, it is not automatic.