Tipping the ’Scales’ [Commercial] UPDATE! 6/7/2013

ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
edited June 2013 in The Commons

Yes, both wyverns you see below are the exact same figure.

Yes, the wings on the Big Guy are folding like hands while being webbed.

Yes, this is still a work in progress, but said progress is moving along nicely.

And I hate to say it - but it shall arrive... SOON!

Post edited by Valandar on

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Oh hell YES.

Triax weight-mapped?

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Oh hell YES.

Triax weight-mapped?

Mmmm.... could be? :D

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

Valandar said:
    Oh hell YES.

Triax weight-mapped?

Mmmm.... could be? :D
    I've been dying for a base wyvern figure. The SubDragon that comes with DS is good for other dragons but we really needed a four-limbed version. It looks fantastic. :D

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Looks great! I like it!

Another Valandar purchase. *sighs and readies poor wallet*

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Awesome, I really want to see where this goes ;)

edited December 1969

Well, it can go a lot more places than just those two shapes, that's for sure. I'll probably include at least three sample shapes, in addition to the default... and those textures are just temporary ones in addition...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I love it! I hope there is a pose set too! I have difficulty posing dragons and animals to look real.

edited December 1969

Well, the problem with a pose set for it is that the various shapes are SO different in proportion. A pose for a "standard" proportioned wyvern for 'stanfing', with its wings down as forelegs, would have the grey serpentine wyvern up there with its hind legs off the ground and the wings through the ground, while the "Rexxy" wyvern up there would have its feet through the floor, and the wings just hanging limply.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Wow, the different shapes sound awesome! Perhaps some partial poses for just the wings?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Sneaks in to lurk and watch...

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Will there be a scorpion tail?

edited December 1969

There will be all SORTS of conformers. :D And maybe not a scorpion TAIL, but will a scorpion STINGER do? :D

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

YEAH!!!!

edited December 1969

Redid the grey texture... The green one will be the default, shown on the pic at the start of the thread, this will be the grey one, and there will be a heavily armored red one. I'm tempted to release a set of "overlay" textures, that you put over the color pattern you want with them set to "overlay" in Photoshop or Gimp, as a freebie, once this comes out.

wyvern108.jpg
    975 x 750 - 679K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

Ooooh! Pretties! :snake:

edited December 1969

Slight tweak on the leathery texture - the desaturated grey looked more like it had no diffuse color, so I added a touch more blue to it:

wyvern109.jpg
    975 x 750 - 588K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    I'm tempted to release a set of "overlay" textures, that you put over the color pattern you want with them set to "overlay" in Photoshop or Gimp, as a freebie, once this comes out.

Hands up anyone else who thought "racing stripes"...

Neat looking critter. Not sure if I'll be able to snarf it up at launch, but it'll definitely go in my wishlist for later.

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    I'm tempted to release a set of "overlay" textures, that you put over the color pattern you want with them set to "overlay" in Photoshop or Gimp, as a freebie, once this comes out.

Hands up anyone else who thought "racing stripes"...

Neat looking critter. Not sure if I'll be able to snarf it up at launch, but it'll definitely go in my wishlist for later.

Hey, if you want racing stripes, you can make (or add) racing stripes. :P

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

wyverns are my fav types of dragons, the top one is so sleek and sexy. I'd love to see another render of it with it's limbs more visible though. Can't make out whats going on there. Are they arms with claws or legs with claws or both?? Looks like this is going to be the ultra morphing dragon for everyone. Exciting stuff Val!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited April 2013

Sexy ... want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: any chance on a "dual" colour version like the very first grey picture? Like, lighter belly, darker back? I liked that!

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited April 2013

This one DOES have a darker back, lighter belly. I just have it mostly with the back showing, Kerya.

And RW, if you mean the rear limbs, they're saurian like legs, rather like the legs of my Land Dragon II.

Post edited by Valandar on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you!

(My very first dragon was your Landdragon with Wings ... I love your creatures!)

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited April 2013

Any updates?? or more promo images?? and will it include Poser compatibility??

Post edited by tonymouse on
    edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    Any updates?? or more promo images?? and will it include Poser compatibility??

None as of yet - and as for Poser compatability, we'll see... I still haven't updated to the most recent Poser, so I can't use DSON ... yet.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Build it, and I will buy! Looks wonderful!! :wow: :wow:

edited December 1969

Build it, and I will buy! Looks wonderful!! :wow: :wow:

Well, it IS built, meaning the geometry is done. Still gotta add a few more morphs, tweak some of the weightmaps, and then conform the addon bits (like the mane and spikes and fins...)

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

How did I miss this one? I like.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I currently have no use for such for model! I will therefore have to make one up so I can get this.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Yes, what dan.shive said. *smile*