Skipper's Berth

Comments

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2012

Thanks! I thought I didn't have this but I do - however, many people don't, so I'm sure it'll be very appreciated!

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Meant to get this done before Skipper returned from basking in the sun and chasing dusky wenches across the quoits court ...

Warm_day.jpg
    800 x 640 - 390K
  • skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Simon - I love it! Dunno about chasing dusky wenches though - I can no longer chase anything.

BTW, once upon a time there were sentry boxes outside BP gates, but not any longer - the sentries needed protection from the public!

edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Thanks Simon - I love it! Dunno about chasing dusky wenches though - I can no longer chase anything.

BTW, once upon a time there were sentry boxes outside BP gates, but not any longer - the sentries needed protection from the public!

That is how it is in my memory - with the guards under orders to ignore the punters, regardless of what they do (urban myth or not?); hence the little brat and her ice cream ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

That happens outside Horseguards parade, and the sentry boxes in Whitehall, other side of the buildings. Tourists are really horrible to them poor sodyers, and they even have to stand completely still if a dog decides they are stationary so fair game as a weeing post. :roll: :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

That doesn't bear even THINKING about.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Standing perfectly still for long periods like that is very bad for the joints. I hope they get really good medical and retirement benefits!

Dana

edited December 1969

This thread is here for Skippers freebies.

edited December 1969

:coolsmile:Thanks. Everything is working fine. Check here for comments, news, freebies, etc.

edited March 2013

Like the man said, I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that the great model of Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey) is finally finished, complete and entire, bundled and ready for download. Quite the most difficult model that I have ever attempted and also one of the most rewarding.

The bad news is that making Skipper's Models website has taken more time than expected, so we are not yet ready to launch and hence there is (as yet) no way that you may download Highclere Castle. However, I am in constant touch with my ickle bruvver (he's only 73, poor kid) and he's quite hopeful of a launch in the near future. Keep your eye open.

As recompense for the delay, I have uploaded a freebie of an inlaid coffee table at ShareCG, so get on over there and grab it.

Coffee_Table.jpg
    452 x 516 - 17K
    Post edited by skipper25 on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Happy Easter, Skipper! Glad to hear you're well!

(That tot of an Ickle Bruvver sounds like he's doing well too... he's older than my dear papa!)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

That's a lovely table, Skipper - it reminds me of one I used to own. Thanks!

edited December 1969

That looks to be a very nice table, thanks Skipper :)

Oh, this is trying my patience! 2nd time trying to post a reply. Gave up on the 1st attempt after 4 'login required' screens, which changed to what looks like a refresh of the 'post reply' page, with all text lost. This 2nd attempt is currently up to the third 'login required'. Now on 3rd fresh attempt ...

edited December 1969

Tis indeed a very nice little table,

Simon we think that some part of the problems with the site has been caused by the fact that DAZ 3D use Cloudflare as a caching service, and Cloudflare have been trying to back up Spamhaus during the DDoS attack that they have been experiencing. It certainly does seem that those of us this side of the pond are experiencing more problems than those on the other side.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Nice table Skipper. Thank you very much.

edited March 2013

Thanks for the nice comments, folks. Yes, we have been having trouble with Daz all day.

• edited December 1969

Beautiful little table, Skipper. Glad to hear the Castle is done. An extraordinary piece of work to tackle. Hope the website comes together for you soon.

edited December 1969

Very pretty - thanks so much!

edited May 2013

Oh wow! I would not have dreamed it possible to have so many niggling problems crop up in the course of creating a simple website - at least, not without having had the experience. I think that right now, my ickle bruvver will be collapsed with exhaustion. But - there - it is a waste of time and space even to hint at it. Let us just be thankful that the basic website structure is finally working and in place, with freebies, paid-for, tutorials and a number of other nascent topics that can only grow in the future.

Visit www.skippersmodels.com or www.skippersmodels.co.uk, where AT LAST you may download the completed Highclere Castle model (aka Downton Abbey) or many other models. Please give us a visit, make a comment or even (wow!) buy a model.

There are a lot of freebies available and as backup, they will also still be available from ShareCG.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

I saw the site, Skipper! Quite nice, straightforward style. Not coding-heavy, either. (I found myself smiling that I'd already got many of your commercial-quality pieces before you set tags on them. Fine work on all of them!)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited May 2013

skipper25 said:
    (Berth as in place to drop anchor!) Glad we're back.

In case you have not known, please be advised that my Buckingham Palace model has been uploaded to ShareCG for a week or so.

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62075/view/5/3D-Model/Buckingham-Palace

It is in Poser format and is going great guns. Although with care and attention it is possible to convert for D|S, it seems that some people have been having difficulty, so we are at work in order to produce a D|S-only upload too. Sorry for the delay - RL keeps butting in.

...just noticed this the date on the OP, whoops. The palace was still on Share CG last month where I DL'd it from (download date of 4.4.13.

So will there still be a Daz version forthcoming (even for purchase?) I've been able to load the model into Daz 4.5 from the Poser Runtime and it sets up fine though, as with most Poser content, I needed to tweak the shaders a bit. I didn't try the Daz option as outlined in the readme of installing to an external folder and importing into the application. Will give that a try to see if there is any difference.

Overall it is a beautiful model and already planning a scene around it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Skipper, any chance of making Buckingham Palace available again?

edited December 1969

Yes, that is one of the many tasks awaiting me. See the post from Kyoto Kid above. It is possible to use the supplied model in D/S, but some folks find difficulty.

Currently, I have a model of Trafalgar Square that I want to complete and release on or about 1 June, but things keep getting in the way.

edited December 1969

Swooping in to pick up HIghclere .... :)

edited May 2013

Thank you Simon. May it give you many many hours of pleasure. Let us know your opinion of it. BTW, I will be in Southampton again in January.

edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Thank you Simon. May it give you many many hours of pleasure. Let us know your opinion of it. BTW, I will be in Southampton again in January.

Another naval debauch, er cruise? :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the additions - there were a number of these I didn't have from before :)

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Skipper, will the Poser version of Buckingham Palace ever be available again?

edited May 2013

Simon - you've got it. LOL I don't know how long I can keep this up.
    Lisa - you are very welcome.
    Media Head - it is available right now. See the website www.skippersmodels.co.uk It is the DS version that is suspended, requiring a little attention from me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...a pic of my little Leela and her two friends goofing off in front of the Palace in the not so far future.

Added a red brick texture to the parade grounds and area in front of the gates (after viewing a number of photos). Looks good with Daz UE lights (Cloud9 set).

the_girtls_take_London.jpg
    900 x 900 - 597K