Female Business Suit question

KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anybody please tell me if any skirt in Female Business Suit http://www.daz3d.com/female-business-suit/ has length morphs?

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2013

Kattey said:
    Can anybody please tell me if any skirt in Female Business Suit http://www.daz3d.com/female-business-suit/ has length morphs?

It's not listed but there may be a way to adjust it shorted with a transparency map or longer and shorter with a dformer but the results might look a bit sketchy closeup.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Thank you :)
    But I was wondering actually if anybody bought those suits and can check them for me.

• edited December 1969

I'd be interested to know this too. I love the style of this suit, and it would be perfect for me if there was a length morph.

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    edited December 1969

I have the same question. Thanks! :)

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

The "neck flaps" on the suit weird me out. Is that an actual thing with women's suits? It looks like it didn't fit quite right so they just cut in two spots to allow it to lift up at the neck.

In any case, I don't have it, but I don't see any morphs of that nature included in the file list: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15735/file_list All the morphs seem to be for matching morphs and adjusting to poses.

Incidentally, looking up the documentation is useful. In the site menu, go to Help -> Documentation Center (Wiki). Then, click on Product Read Me's in the side menu, then select the number range that includes the products SKU (found on the product's store page un "Add To Cart". Female Business Suit is 15735). Find and click on the product to see the read me page, then find the "file list" link to see all the files involved with the product. This will include morphs.

The usefulness of finding the file list varies depending on how well the files are named and such, but if checking for a specific type of morph (like a separate head morph), it's usually pretty straightforward. If your browser's Find option (ctrl+F in Firefox) has a "highlight all" option, you could open up the file list and highlight every instance of "head" or "FHM", for example. In the case of the business suit, you could highlight every instance of "skirt".

Post edited by dan.shive on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    The "neck flaps" on the suit weird me out. Is that an actual thing with women's suits? It looks like it didn't fit quite right so they just cut in two spots to allow it to lift up at the neck.

If you're asking could it be made like that...probably. It does seem a bit unusual. I'd be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn't want to add width at that point of their body.

I will possibly buy it eventually to give a certain look but haven't bought it so far...sorry Kattey!

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

There are no length morphs but the jacket flares enough at the hips that version 1 layers nicely with pants and possibly an alternates skirt. Jacket number two leaves a gap between the button and the waistband of the pants, leggings, and skirt I tried to layer with it. It's not big though and could probably be fixed in post.

test_render_2.jpg
    300 x 692 - 54K
    test_render_1.jpg
    427 x 716 - 59K
    edited December 1969

Thank you all!
    SGCBearcub, is the top a separate mesh or it inbuilt into jacket?

edited December 1969

It's a separate piece and there are two types of undershirt so you could mix and match

Test_Render_3.jpg
    262 x 638 - 52K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    I'd be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn't want to add width at that point of their body.

I did wonder about that.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    I'd be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn't want to add width at that point of their body.

I did wonder about that.

You may find outfits with that sort of kick in Haute Couture type items where they are designed for skinny models but most women I know wouldn't want to add width to their hips they would be more likely to try to minimise the hip area by wearing black or dark colours.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    dan.shive said:

If you're asking could it be made like that...probably. It does seem a bit unusual. I'd be more concerned about how it sticks out on the sides at the bottom of the jacket but that could also be done just unlikely as most women wouldn't want to add width at that point of their body.

I will possibly buy it eventually to give a certain look but haven't bought it so far...sorry Kattey!
    What the collar looks like is as if someone took a normal suit jacket, flipped the lapels the wrong way, then ironed out the creases. As for the way it sticks out above the hips...no comment.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    dan.shive said:

What the collar looks like is as if someone took a normal suit jacket, flipped the lapels the wrong way, then ironed out the creases. As for the way it sticks out above the hips...no comment.

That is exactly what the pattern would be like for something like that. It would be similar to if you were doing a lapel style but if you wanted it to sit like that you would use different interfacing it would require a more solid type of interfacing to get it to sit properly without flopping around. Also with lapels they sometimes use an interfacing tape along the seam line. Would depend on the method of construction.

Sorry...most people probably aren't interested in this stuff.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:
    dan.shive said:

That is exactly what the pattern would be like for something like that. It would be similar to if you were doing a lapel style but if you wanted it to sit like that you would use different interfacing it would require a more solid type of interfacing to get it to sit properly without flopping around. Also with lapels they sometimes use an interfacing tape along the seam line. Would depend on the method of construction.

I am, actually. I don't sew, but I'm trying to get a hang of MarvelousDesigner and that sort of information is useful.

edited December 1969

Glad it was useful...

• edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Pendraia said:
    dan.shive said:

I like the design as well, and would buy it if it had a lengthen the skirt morph in it.

edited December 1969

SGCBearcub, can you by any chance to post the pictures of tops separately?

Pendraia, no worries :)

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    SGCBearcub, can you by any chance to post the pictures of tops separately?

Sure:)

test5.jpg
    526 x 604 - 49K
    test4.jpg
    558 x 631 - 53K
    edited December 1969

Um, first top redefined the definition of "skimpy"... second is fine though :)

edited March 2013

Kattey said:

Um, first top redefined the definition of "skimpy"

lol, doesn't it though.

ETA: it's small enough I'm thinking I might be able to use it with other shirts with less than modest necklines.

Post edited by SGCBearcub on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Um, first top redefined the definition of "skimpy"

lol, doesn't it though.

ETA: it's small enough I'm thinking I might be able to use it with other shirts with less than modest necklines.
    I'm not saying it isn't useful :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2013

The skirt doesn't have any morphs that allow you to adjust its length.

just wanted to share a test render before i go to bed. i have a habit of not dressing my characters in shoes.

edit: i just saw that SGCBearcub answered your question.

Kid_Studio4_suit.jpg
    273 x 499 - 26K
    Post edited by starionwolf on