Fresh install - Genesis Starter Essentials won't install

larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 94
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi Everybody, strange problem I did a complete low level format the reinstalled Win 7 Pro. I installed DAZ Install Manager, no problems. Then I installed DAZ 4.5.1.56 Win64, no problem. I then installed 718 files via DIM. One file keeps failing...Genesis Starter Essentials. Previous to the format everything installed and worked just fine.

I looked at the log, the below errors is what I am getting. There are a whole bunch of the second error, I am sure is a pathing problem, then maybe not. The genesis figure is all blocky.

WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
3D mouse support library could not be loaded

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1705): Could not find geometry definition: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#geometry.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4163): Could not find geometry for the material instance.m_uri.

MANY thanks in advance.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you getting an Install Failed message in DIM, or does DIM say it installed correctly?

If you search for Genesis.dsf outside of DS, does it exist? If so, what's the full path and file size?

It's possible the download was corrupted, as it's quite a large zip file. How good is your connection?

• larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

"Are you getting an Install Failed message in DIM, or does DIM say it installed correctly?"

I am getting - "Installed Failed". I deleted the file in the center tab by right clicking and selecting the top option "Delete..."

If you search for Genesis.dsf outside of DS, does it exist? If so, what’s the full path and file size?

I did a search and Genesis.dsf did not show. There were 13 other files.

It’s possible the download was corrupted, as it’s quite a large zip file. How good is your connection?

It is possible, I have a cable broadband connection (Comcast - 30gig) and up to this point have not had any problems. I don't know if it helps or henders but I did try a manual install and other than getting blocks with rounded edges I still got a blocky genesis figure.

I am going to uninstall all 718 files, uninstall DAZ 4.5 then reinstall everything and see if anything changes.

Thanks for responding.

• larrygilmanlarrygilman Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Well I solved one problem just to have a similar one pop up. I uninstalled everything, all the files DIM installed, DIM, then DAZ. Reinstalled DAZ, reinstalled DIM. Installed Genesis Essentials as the very first item and tested. The genesis character came up perfectly. I then had DIM install the rest of the files. NOW Anwyn for V$ and Genesis StudioCF won't install. an almost instant fail.

Any ideas??

Again Thanks in Advance.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I recall other people saying the DIM versions of Anwyn wouldn't install, but I don't have that product.