The hole is filled!

IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Thanks to everyone, hopefully the first of many Bryce renders. :-)

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It came out pretty well.

Bryce is something I've been meaning to get into, but just never seem to find the time for.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

YAY, glad you got there. Bryce can get very addictive.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I dunno why, but a certain old tune flitted across what I laughingly call my mind ...

There's a hole in my Bryce-kit
    Dear DAZ, Dear DAZ ...
    Dear Bryce-kit, a hole!

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I dunno why, but a certain old tune flitted across what I laughingly call my mind ...

Dear DAZ, Dear DAZ ...
    Dear Bryce-kit, a hole!

Seconmd verse, does it get worse? :coolsmirk:
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    It came out pretty well.

Bryce is something I've been meaning to get into, but just never seem to find the time for.

Thanks, i'm taking a shortish break from DS, tho i have a project on the go. :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

also very frustrating, when i was moving the y axis down to position the water, it actually went up then down then up again, i'm assuming this si a 'feature' ;)

edited June 2012

SimonJM said:

Dear DAZ, Dear DAZ ...
    Dear Bryce-kit, a hole!

he he he, o used to sing that at drama school when i was *a lot* younger :)

Post edited by IanTP on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

also very frustrating, when i was moving the y axis down to position the water, it actually went up then down then up again, i'm assuming this si a 'feature' ;)

Well water levels do tend to go up and down, don't they ? Especially with the wild and woolly weather we have been having just lately.

Hmm, Heating on again for an hout this morning, tell me about this global warming thing again :exclaim:

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hmm, Heating on again for an hout this morning, tell me about this global warming thing again :exclaim:

Not long ago there was frenetic talk about the nuclear winter.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Well water levels do tend to go up and down, don't they ? Especially with the wild and woolly weather we have been having just lately.

LOL, warm and wet here :)

edited June 2012

Well I turrned the heating on for an hour, the smaller of our two catlings promptly dragged her sheet of bubblewrap over to the radiator, and settled donw, her sister then decided maybe she had a good idea and went and joined her.

Don't ask why a sheet of bubblewrap, she pinched it out of a parcel that arrived, and claimed it as hers. SHe bites it and the bubles pop, she seems to find it fun.

We live in a stone cottage, which can be quite cool and clammy when you get up if the weather is not all that.

We had a sudden sharp thunderstorm earlier this afternoon, with hailstones. I ask you, hailstones , in June

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

he he he, I know where ur coming from, years ago i was working away and lived in a stone cottage, only had dodgy storage radiators!

• MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited June 2012

Nice render! I never saved mine, as I was doing that on mine to try and get a feel for the software, but I'm sure I can make it again and come up with a render similar to what you did. :-)

Edit= @ chohole, how old are your "Catlings"? We have two little girl blackies that just turned 1 year old, and what you described sounds like something ours would do, LOL!

Post edited by Megarig on
    edited December 1969

thank you for your comments :)

edited December 1969

Megarig said:
    Nice render! I never saved mine, as I was doing that on mine to try and get a feel for the software, but I'm sure I can make it again and come up with a render similar to what you did. :-)

Edit= @ chohole, how old are your "Catlings"? We have two little girl blackies that just turned 1 year old, and what you described sounds like something ours would do, LOL!

It is difficult to work out exact age of cats when they come from a rescue place, but we think they are probably just coming up towards their first birthday.. We were told when we got them that they were between 6 and 7 months old. Old enough that the vet allowed them to be spayed before they were rehomed. We have had them for 5 months now.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Megarig said:

It is difficult to work out exact age of cats when they come from a rescue place, but we think they are probably just coming up towards their first birthday.. We were told when we got them that they were between 6 and 7 months old. Old enough that the vet allowed them to be spayed before they were rehomed. We have had them for 5 months now.

Not to get this thread too off topic - but we adopted our little ones from a "Big Box" Pet store that contracts with a pet rescue center. We met them last September when they were about 3 or 4 months old, and they were going home with us two days later. It's interesting watching them grow and develop. One is the obnoxious demanding one, and the other is gentle, quiet, more laid back.

edited December 1969

Yup. mine are two completely different personalities. One is quite a bit bigger, she is the laid back one, loves cuddles and will climb on himself's lap as soons as he sits down, Prefers it when he is sitting in an easy chair, but does also climb up when he is using his PC. He is definitely her human, doesn't sit on me at all. She does tend to be a bit motherly towards her smaller sister, who we thnk may have been the runt. The smaller one is actually the more active and curious one of the 2, less dependant on her sister, although they do both like to know where the other one is, and will frequently cuddle up togehter to sleep still. She shares us, will come to either for a cuddle when she wants one.

edited December 1969

Getting it back on topic.

Iam, now youhave mastered boolean ops, You can move on to all sorts of more complicated itmes, using them.

This is something I made some years ago, and it is still quite popular it seems, judging by the number of downloads I have had since I put the file back up again as a freebie.

Feel free to grab it, and pull it aprt, to see how I did it, I'm not proud.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61493/gallery/5/3D-Model/Bryce-Old-Rustic-Bridge

my_old_bridge_small.jpg
    512 x 288 - 68K
    edited December 1969

Wow! I guess if one knows what one is doing, I guess you can make anything!

edited December 1969

THere is one guy who is an absolute whizz at making things in bryce. I don't have a link handy, I think Horo knows where he is at.

Could be insprirational, or completely off putting seeing what he does.

edited December 1969

Since I can barely put two mountains together, I'm sure whatever the guy can do would impress me, LOL!

edited December 1969

So i typed this out before, hit submit and it took me back to a post new reply page without submitting! The forum is playing silly beggers today, its already kicked me off when i hit submit in another thread and bought up a weird sign in page (not the usual one)

Anyway, don't mind it going off topic, I like cats and i'm not sure i've mastered Boolean objects either :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    THere is one guy who is an absolute whizz at making things in bryce. I don't have a link handy, I think Horo knows where he is at.

There are several. Alan Armstrong aka Army is one. Here's a render I did from one of his models, purely Bryce made: http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4100 and here's a completely different one: http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4173

Another gifted modeler is Pixi and here's the link showing his vehicles: http://www.bryce5.com/search.php?search_user=PiXi

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, I knew you would know who I meant.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow. Some of those images are amazing, thanks for the links Horo.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    chohole said:

There are several. Alan Armstrong aka Army is one. Here's a render I did from one of his models, purely Bryce made: http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4100 and here's a completely different one: http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4173

Another gifted modeler is Pixi and here's the link showing his vehicles: http://www.bryce5.com/search.php?search_user=PiXi

They are awesome, should I just give up now ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Getting it back on topic.

Iam, now youhave mastered boolean ops, You can move on to all sorts of more complicated itmes, using them.

This is something I made some years ago, and it is still quite popular it seems, judging by the number of downloads I have had since I put the file back up again as a freebie.

Feel free to grab it, and pull it aprt, to see how I did it, I'm not proud.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/61493/gallery/5/3D-Model/Bryce-Old-Rustic-Bridge

Ian loves your tranquil scene, and thank you :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    chohole said:

They are awesome, should I just give up now ;)

yep :roll:

edited June 2012

No never give up,

Think positive. We all started off as beginners, at some stage. I have probaly been using Bryce almost as long as they have, and never reached the stage they are at, but I have learned a bit along the way.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

We all started small. Good examples show what can be done in Bryce and where we pass on our way to improve and excel. Climbing a mountain is always daunting when we are at its foot. But we're up eventually and enjoy the view.