Sheer Greatness! Official Thread (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Hi Guys. This thread is for anything related to Sheer Greatness and its expansion packs:) We are here to help with anything you need and answer any questions. Maybe even come up with cool new ideas for future expansions:)
Main product can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness/

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited March 2013
    promosmain_2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 151K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2013

Coming soon from myself...Sheer Leggings Addon

popup_5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 302K
    Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 638K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

Would you mind taking a look at this thread which also discussed your product. Any advice would be appreciated:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/284940/

Thanks.

edited March 2013

Hi Marble. Shader questions are best answered by Draagonstorm since she made it:) I will notify her about this thread and your question. I don't use reality or luxus so I don't know how much help I can be:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks - I'll look forward to her comments.

• DTAikoDTAiko Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

i know not much about Genesis and the morph option. (i work only with A3/H3) can i use this great product with A3? could it be morph to the shape (maybe with "fit") ?

edited March 2013

if you are speaking about A3 morph for Genesis then yes it works. Not for A3 stand alone figure. However the shaders can still be used. The pantyhose are Genesis specific.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

thanks Zev0 for you rush answer ;3

but... where is the different when the Genesis with A3 morph the same shape has as the original A3 ? O.o
    so i understand right for my original A3 this product is not compatible? :'(

edited December 1969

Yes. Just like it wont work for V4 standalone. Only Genesis and shapes\morphs available for it. The A3 morph for Genesis isn't as good as A3 standalone figure in my opinion. They are similar but not the same. There are better options like A5 and hitomi etc.

edited December 1969

many thanks for you answers Zev0! :3 i love the work with the good old A3/H3 (also Melody) so it is very sad that i can not use this great product for my work :(

...maybe next time ;3 ...

edited December 1969

Cool. Thanks for showing interest anyways:)

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2013

Stockings or no, this set is still worth purchasing just as a lace+nets shader package. I am especially pleased that it includes normal maps for all the patterns, as normals work better in Lux than bump maps do.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yep me again...just popped in to say "yep Sheer Greatness" can't say much more than that without going in to Stalker mode. :)

edited March 2013

Lol Szark. Glad you like. I have tons of addons I will be releasing for it, most will be freebies so you will have even more stuff to play with. But now that this is released and is out of the way, I can focus on the skin product:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited December 1969

I didn't think this was going to be a product for me, since I don't need underwear. But then I saw the shaders and my eyes grew big. And then I thought of how I could use the pantyhose part to put under all those short skirts - perfect!

Zev0, will any of the addons you'll be releasing be shader-based?

Thanks!

edited March 2013

Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven't been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Good stuff - haven't had time to test yet, but I love the morphs and the fit to Genesis.

Incidentally, in case anybody has trouble finding FW's Sheerly Great, the path has an extra folder in it, so instead of appearing here -
    People:Genesis:Clothing:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on

It actually appears here -
    People:Genesis:Clothing:Genesis:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on

Just thought I'd mention in case anybody else who doesn't use metadata thought their purchase had gone AWOL

;)

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited March 2013

Heya,

As Jabba mentioned it should be "People:Genesis:Clothing:Sheer Greatness:ForbiddenWhispers:Sheerly Great Add-on"

I don't know whether it's a mistake I did, or the tester did. But the files display as they should do in my personal library. (as shown in attached image). So I don't know how it got messed up.....

This mistake doesn't affect how the product works, so don't worry about that. You just need to copy the 'Sheer Greatness' folder into the 'Clothing' folder & it'll fix the issue. I'll let DAZ know so they can update the installer.

Anna
    xxxx

Untitled-1.jpg
    1370 x 396 - 102K
    Post edited by ForbiddenWhispers on
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the Update Dear:) Yes all should be in the Sheer Greatness folder. I moved mine and is structured like your pic example.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

So what does the shader do?

edited March 2013

If you look at the promo's you will see. All of that are the shaders examples. It's netting and lace shaders and can be stylized to your liking.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Those are textures though. I'm curious what the shader itself does, because it gets played up a lot in the description but there's not a lot of detail [and also because I love to see actual new shaders]. Is the dialog box in the first promo all the settings, or is that just for adjusting a sort of base that gets dropped into a final shader?

edited March 2013

The shader uses tiled textures. You can also remove them and just have a basic sheer shader. Basically there are 3 shader settings. Basic, netting and Lace. The netting and lace are based off the basic shader. let me see if I can find a render somewhere or do one quickly.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

The shaders and tiling are being discussed in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19346/P15/#285056

Some good info there too.

edited December 1969

Just saw that. Nice results you guys are getting:) Very informative as well:)

edited December 1969

Thanks, marble and Zev0.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. This thread is for anything related to Sheer Greatness and its expansion packs:) We are here to help with anything you need and answer any questions. Maybe even come up with cool new ideas for future expansions:)
    Main product can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/sheer-greatness/

Just bought,
    You had me liking your work when I first seen Vascularity and waiting to jump on the M5/V5 version (but see you been busy).
    Good Job again.

• edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hmm..Anything shader based you will have to ask Draagonstorm. I am focusing more on texture based sets to add more flexability. What type of shader styles do you have in mind? We will only consider shader styles that haven't been done before, so we will have to look at the markets to see what is already there, and what we can possibly add to it. Theres no point in releasing shaders that already exist somewhere:) Our plan from the beginning was to see what all we can do with this product, so we will seriously considor viable suggestions:) I for one plan to support it for a long time since I like pantyhose and leggings:) Also if its shader based, it doesnt have to be only for this product, can be a universal type thing like fabricator:) but that I will leave up to her since she handles the shader side of things.

I don't know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn't easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn't possible. I don't know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It's having a huge variety that's nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I'm illustrating.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    Zev0 said:

I don't know if I can give you any viable suggestions, but I can tell you what I would like. I tend towards rustic looking fabrics. I have Fabricator and all its addons and love it, but one possible hole you could fill is grunged up fabrics. Since you have several layers, maybe there could be a base, than an overlay of grunge. That would be really nice. There are some grunge shader products out there, but it isn't easy to have the grunge show up in the bump and normal map areas. And maybe that just isn't possible. I don't know.

If would be fun to combine the lace designs with metal, glass, stone, fire, all sorts of things like that.

And I would pretty much pick up any variety in the fabrics. It would be hard to have too much camo, embroidery design, etc. It's having a huge variety that's nice so I can browse through and pick the perfect fabric for my story and character that I'm illustrating.

I like the grunge idea, plus would like to see some ripped clothes shaders

edited December 1969

Not a shader, but this will be in my addon pack. If you want a rip shader there is this http://www.daz3d.com/rag-erator-for-daz-studio

popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 315K