Easy Environments: Snowy Mountains (Daz Studio & Poser) [Commercial]

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Is this thread open to any renders from any of the Easy Environments? I have them all so far and am in a Render project that uses them as the Main set for most of the renders so far. Only one is used at this time, but the props are used in the other images as well.

If you wish to look click on the Primitives Link in my Sigline.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • maatausetmaatauset Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

@Jaderail: Nice images and story. :)

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Is this thread open to any renders from any of the Easy Environments?

Of course it is! I really enjoy seeing what you guys do with the sets, even if it would be only 2 blue pixels from a skybox in the image. ;)

Checked the Primitives...really cool, made me happy to see the story-based use of the set. Chars & environment fit well imo.
    Sidenote: Don`t know if you`ll need it, but you can let the trail end in the middle of the terrain if you want (material settings)

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited March 2013

Well, in that case!

Let me tell you, it took me days to render the bottom bit of this one. Once it hit that front sand, it was like slogging though sand dunes ...

We made the mistake once of driving south of Florence, Oregon, which resulted in a hike through MILES of sand dunes to get to the ocean. Never again. Besides, I always preferred the rocky coastline north.

I'm waiting anxiously for Top of the World. It looks incredible.

Flipmode said:
    Jaderail said:
    Is this thread open to any renders from any of the Easy Environments?

Of course it is! I really enjoy seeing what you guys do with the sets, even if it would be only 2 blue pixels from a skybox in the image. ;)

Checked the Primitives...really cool, made me happy to see the story-based use of the set. Chars & environment fit well imo.
    Sidenote: Don`t know if you`ll need it, but you can let the trail end in the middle of the terrain if you want (material settings)

The-Remains.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 588K
    Post edited by Satira Capriccio on
    edited December 1969

Let me tell you, it took me days to render the bottom bit of this one. Once it hit that front sand, it was like slogging though sand dunes ...

Let`s blame the plant!

Thanks for posting the pic Satira, cool gritty look. :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited March 2013

Aiko 5 was dropped onto Olegro to search for fuzzballs for the fur trade. Instead she ran into a pair of Glyptodons.

(I forget what she's wearing. The Glyptodons are by dinoraul. The scene set is, of course, is Eternal Sands.)

a5-glyptodon.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 88K
    Post edited by Spit on
    edited December 1969

That`s a nice one! Thanks.

Is it the camera angle or did you relocate the textures? The cracked earth looks like a hill...somehow I recall it being a trail. ;)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I moved the camera around. As I remember it was like a trail and I found a spot where the edge dropped off a bit.

edited December 1969

It took a while, but "Top of the World" finally landed at the store, as MM release. ;)
    My whole store is part of MM today as well.

Top of the World
    Link: Top of the World Gallery
    Link: Top of the World Daz Store
    Link: Easy Environments video page

totw_promo09.jpg
    998 x 768 - 170K
    totw_promo04.jpg
    998 x 768 - 201K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Will play with it when I get time (already installed) ;-)
    Looking good!

edited December 1969

You are fast ;)

Forgot the tip of the day ... wiiide camera angles! Really work great on this set.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Jumped directly into my Library!

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Wow excellent set I could think of so many creatures to put on top of this. Love it !

WolfHound2.jpg
    933 x 1200 - 342K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I've been looking forward to this. One thing I'd like, if you are thinking of expansions, would be some "heavy weather" environment boxes for this and for the pass set - storm and/or snow clouds pressing down, maybe a lighting bolt leaping between clouds if that was possible.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

A full moon would be nice !!!

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

I did blame the plant. And I also blamed the car I'd originally used. But removing both made no difference. Although, I ended up replacing the car with the truck.

I have the same issue right now with the log from Stonemason's Return to the Enchanted forest. Apparently, I'm not supposed to bring some things so close to the camera :P (It's also time for a new computer)

Flipmode said:

Let`s blame the plant!

Thanks for posting the pic Satira, cool gritty look. :)

• AsgardNorthAsgardNorth Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Had to do to the 'master of the sky' overlooking his domain. ;)

I have to say, I have every single one so far and love them all.

03232013_RedOverlook2.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 414K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Really cool renders!

I've done this
    "Reaching for the sky"

2013-03-25_Reaching_for_the_Sky_small.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 222K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

One thing I'd like, if you are thinking of expansions, would be some "heavy weather" environment boxes for this and for the pass set - storm and/or snow clouds pressing down, maybe a lighting bolt leaping between clouds if that was possible.

I wonder how well some of the other "weather" sets would work with this. I'm particularly thinking of Nerd3D's Rain Tool, Fog Tool and Blowin' In The Wind.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Ninja at the top of the world.

ninja.jpg
    852 x 852 - 614K
    edited March 2013

Thanks for posting all those great renders guys, they look great and are really appreciated!
    Werewolves, dragons, punk girls, ninjas...the top of the world is really crowded these days, Reinhold Messner will not be amused. ;)

@ weather sets ... I don`t have any of the ones you linked, but I guess fog will only work when used rather softly. After all it can`t creep into the skybox. The other ones look like particle emitters or geometry, so I think they should work well.

@ Satira Capriccio ...maybe you really need a new computer. ;) The eternal sands previews had rendertimes of about one minute on DS and maybe four minutes on Poser for me. :/

@ Richard and midnight_stories ...will keep those suggestions in mind for the time when I get to do an addon. The full moon thing may be solved in a different way soon though.

As a brief look into the future ... I plan to do more easy environments, but on a less regular schedule, mixing in a few other sets.
    From the suggestions I got here I will look into red rock desert (aka fake australia), underwater, farmlands and a pure skybox addon, but it may be a while before any of those show up.

gah, had to edit out a few smileys, couldn`t take all the happyness

Post edited by Flipmode on
  • edited December 1969

I've been watching these environments for awhile now, and I'm thrilled to be getting them all today. I'm very excited about any future sets, as well. I think this is the kind of outdoor scene I've been looking for. Thanks!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    I've been watching these environments for awhile now, and I'm thrilled to be getting them all today. I'm very excited about any future sets, as well. I think this is the kind of outdoor scene I've been looking for. Thanks!

They render beautifully right out of the box and are quite flexible as well. Normally I wouldn't buy more than one in a series that's in .pp2 format (I looove being able to stick with my main DAZ library) but it's worth it for these.

edited December 1969

Thanks sikeus & SickleYield :)

I am surprised you don`t like pp2 releases. I am a DS guy as well, but as long as it handles like native files (loading mats automatically) I find pp2 almost better than DS native formats since it`s independent from the DS version. And...well, I mostly use the smart content tab anyway, although it drives me mad at times.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks sikeus & SickleYield :)

I am surprised you don`t like pp2 releases. I am a DS guy as well, but as long as it handles like native files (loading mats automatically) I find pp2 almost better than DS native formats since it`s independent from the DS version. And...well, I mostly use the smart content tab anyway, although it drives me mad at times.

Well, that's probably it, I hate smart content and never use it.

edited December 1969

I see. I for one love how it shows me all options I have once an item in the scene is selected. But admittedly it`s a pitty Daz didn`t manage to to keep it structured, finding a new item can be quite a task.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited March 2013

First woman climbing K5 ;-)

Edit: Yes, I tweaked the materials for Close Up ;)

climb-k5.jpg
    1584 x 698 - 297K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited December 1969

I think the birds are missing out - just a quick render of my latest purchase ... I love these sets!

Eagle-on-Top-of-the-World.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 377K
    edited December 1969

You guys treat this set really well, your renders are all great! :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

After arguing with myself which one I wanted the most right now, I chose Mountain Trail yesterday. But after seeing all these renders I think I'll have to scrounge up the cash for Top of the World also.