The RDuda Project Room

rdudarduda Posts: 579
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello, just wanted to condense a lot of my projects into one thread, for all those interested; comments are always welcome!
Though I'm most know for my Trek set, I do have a few Star Wars, Robotech and general Super Hero things I'm working on. Here is my latest model room....

Comments

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Here is a action shot of part of the Cyclone armor:

Untitled_copy.jpg
    600 x 409 - 154K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

lookin good

edited December 1969

Here he is again in a quick render:

wwww.jpg
    500 x 417 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Hay!? Is there a Star Wars Thread up yet?

Leia_NEW_sm.jpg
    517 x 600 - 135K
    edited December 1969

New Bridge project: Olympic bridge

Bridge.jpg
    600 x 518 - 128K
    edited December 1969

Black Widow wrist bands I just made this morning:

BWidow.jpg
    451 x 600 - 96K
  • ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Love the Olympic Bridge and looking forwards to seeing more of it. By the way, what's the outfit the Black Widow is wearing?

edited December 1969

Love the Olympic Bridge and looking forwards to seeing more of it. By the way, what's the outfit the Black Widow is wearing?

Thank you! I'll have to check on that one, give me a day or two and I'll let you know

edited December 1969

Finely!! General Grevis in Poser!!!! I have all the parts (head, neck, arms ect...) broken down into props and textured (but not the fingers or toes as of yet). Any one good at rigging characters one to take a shot??

Gre.jpg
    506 x 526 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Here is a closer look at the next bridge to release. It has a bridge, ready room, conference room, waiting room for ready room & 2 lifts.

02.jpg
    600 x 592 - 92K
    03.jpg
    600 x 592 - 105K
    01.jpg
    600 x 592 - 100K
  • bytorrewbytorrew Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to when you release it. :-)

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Richard!

Good to see Star Wars and Star Trek stuff on the new forum! The Scarlett Johanson character is superb? Did you make it?

edited December 1969

Fantastic!

Rduda said:
    Finely!! General Grevis in Poser!!!! I have all the parts (head, neck, arms ect...) broken down into props and textured (but not the fingers or toes as of yet). Any one good at rigging characters one to take a shot??
    edited December 1969

Richard

Someone on Renderosity was seeking Yoda. I am following up. I saw the posts on the old forum talking about "odd grouping" and modelling errors-that no one seemed able to fix.

My question is- do they actually MATTER?
    I have the file you sent me last year-with the Cr2 I repaired. It looks great- bends, the mouth opens and closes- the hands open and close-and the heard turns and bends. The only possible problem I see is that instead of the normal names they are rotate X, Y, or Z for bending and twisting. Nonetheless-it works,
    Anytime I post a render-I get asked. But as I recall-the author gave you permission-but only if you post it on SciFi3d. Can you do that?

Thanks!

Yoda2.jpg
    850 x 788 - 84K
  • xantorxantor Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

The rotate x,y and z can be renamed to twist side to side etc.

edited December 1969

Hi Xantor

Can you recall what the problems you found were-and why they were significant? Yoda has worked fine for me since I fixed the cr2 and sent it back to Richard prior to your testing it.
    It seemed to stall at this point
    " Xantor Wrote: "
    RDUDA: Did I send you the file? If not MP me your e-mail and I'll send it over Smile

Xantor: You already did send me the file to test.

I fixed the head rotation, but as I said earlier the neck and the wrongly grouped polygons are much more difficult to fix. Sad

I can`t easily fix the wrong grouping without wasting the morphs that have been added to the figure.

If the figure was remapped in a more standard way, it would be fairly easy to fix the groups in uvmapper, without it affecting the morphs."

I guess I'm asking why these are show stoppers-since it apparently is a working figure-that looks great? I have no issues with head rotation-so I'm not sure what you fixed? Can you remember? Should we ask Richard to post it to Scifi3d? Are these issues in Daz and not Poser (which I use0?

xantor said:
    The rotate x,y and z can be renamed to twist side to side etc.
    edited June 2012

The head group was sloppy some way, the neck didn`t rotate properly and some polygons from the body were in other groups, that last one is fairly easy to fix.

You can see in your render on the previous page that there is a loose polygon "floating" behind the figure.

Post edited by xantor on
    edited December 1969

The neck seems OK-but see the loose Poly I do!

xantor said:
    The head group was sloppy some way, the neck didn`t rotate properly and some polygons from the body were in other groups, that last one is fairly easy to fix.

You can see in your render on the previous page that there is a loose polygon "floating" behind the figure.

edited December 1969

It should be quite easy to fix.

edited December 1969

I just haven't had time to go back and fix the problem. It works for what I wanted to do, but some seeded to was to bad of a problem and it needed to be fixed, so it was on hold so other projects could move forward. :( But if you know someone that can live with the bad poly then pass it on, but you cant post it anywhere per the request of the original modeler.

edited December 1969

I will send it to Xantor-who may be able to fix the bad poly-if so then can you still post it to SciFi3d?

Thanks!
    Eric

Rduda said:
    I just haven't had time to go back and fix the problem. It works for what I wanted to do, but some seeded to was to bad of a problem and it needed to be fixed, so it was on hold so other projects could move forward. :( But if you know someone that can live with the bad poly then pass it on, but you cant post it anywhere per the request of the original modeler.
    edited December 1969

Xantor

Yoda is in transit to your mailbox.....

Eric

edited December 1969

I have not got the yoda figure yet.

edited December 1969

"There is no try there is only do or do not."

I tried-now I am trying again with a different Email-let me know if get it you do.

xantor said:
    I have not got the yoda figure yet.
    edited December 1969

Working on a thor helmet, I found one online to use as a map and I started to remake it, so far the main part is done, now I'm working on the wings.

333.jpg
    385 x 600 - 43K
    222.jpg
    600 x 500 - 97K
    111.jpg
    443 x 500 - 49K
    edited December 1969

Looks great Richard!!

Rduda said:
    Working on a thor helmet, I found one online to use as a map and I started to remake it, so far the main part is done, now I'm working on the wings.
    edited December 1969

From Thor to Cap, here is Rodgers new helmet so far:

CAP_SM.jpg
    1652 x 1997 - 414K
    edited December 1969

Looking good Richard!

edited December 1969

Olympic Class Bridge, not final yet, any thoughts or comments?

07.jpg
    600 x 592 - 142K
    06.jpg
    600 x 592 - 127K
    03.jpg
    600 x 592 - 140K
    01.jpg
    600 x 592 - 190K
    02.jpg
    600 x 592 - 120K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Olympic Class Bridge, not final yet, any thoughts or comments?

Fun! Is this Olympic class ship from a comic-or your own design?