How do I sign up for Poserclub?

IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The instructions on old pages say I need to use IE, but when I do (both 32 and 64 bit vers), the signup windows are just Jpegs like they are in Firefox. Please, someone help! :(

Comments

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't think you need to use IE - I've registered and I surely didn't need IE for that. You're probably looking at the instructions (?) page rather than the actual registeration page which is this: http://www.poserclub.net/index.php?option=com_user&view=register

If I may be so bold, I suggest that you open the actual page in one tab and a google translated version of the same page in another. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what to do that way - at least it worked out fine for me back in the day.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

Moved to the Commons as it is a query about, not an offer of, a freebie.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited March 2013

If I may be so bold, I suggest that you open the actual page in one tab and a google translated version of the same page in another. Shouldn’t be too difficult to figure out what to do that way - at least it worked out fine for me back in the day.

Oh, you're right. Maybe so. I'm usually too lazy to use the translators, plus I can read some Japanese words (such as most of the entries on the real registration page)

Thanks for your help!

(And I apologize to the admin for creating this in the wrong forum >_<</p>

Post edited by IceEmpress on
    edited December 1969

Okay, it's not working. After registering, I get a "Welcome to the User Area:" page, but when I try to login, it says that my username and/or password are wrong. When I clicked "forgot username" it said that there was no username associated with my email.
    What's going on? (I know I got my password correct, and I entered all fields on the registration page)

edited December 1969

Isn't there anyone who can help me?

edited December 1969

Oh, come on, why is it that you people only answer my simple questions and ALWAYS ignore me the rest of the time!? :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

It could be because people don't know the answer to the hard questions :coolsmile:

afaik PosrClub has always been a pita to get working right.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Only because I ran across this thread, I went through the hoops to join Poser Club. After downloading the translator plug-in to Firefox, I was able to fill out the registration form. They then sent an e-mail to me to complete the registration, and after going to the site linked to in the e-mail, registration was completed. Signed on with no problem after that and downloaded some freebies, but I don't think this site is going to be at the top of my list judging by the quality of the freebies and the often messed up files. This seems to me to be a training ground for people posting their early attempts.

edited December 1969

Yeah, that's the problem, I filled out the form but never got a verification email.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

sfaa69 said:
    Only because I ran across this thread, I went through the hoops to join Poser Club. After downloading the translator plug-in to Firefox, I was able to fill out the registration form. They then sent an e-mail to me to complete the registration, and after going to the site linked to in the e-mail, registration was completed. Signed on with no problem after that and downloaded some freebies, but I don't think this site is going to be at the top of my list judging by the quality of the freebies and the often messed up files. This seems to me to be a training ground for people posting their early attempts.

On the flip side, there are more freebies there for Kururu than there are at any single other site... so it is a useful place.
    edited December 1969

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible that I entered my email incorrectly... I thought I double-checked it, but this is possible because it ends with 5 or 6 random numbers.

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It could be because people don't know the answer to the hard questions :coolsmile:

afaik PosrClub has always been a pita to get working right.

Could also be that some of us have to sleep and go to work along with occasionally popping into the forums in our spare time...

The registeration should work like any other. The downside is there isn't much support unless you understand enough Japanese to read the instructions or contact the staff. So if there's a glitch, there's a glitch. The only advice I can give you really is to check that you've given a correct email, check your spam folders - you know, the usual drill.

I've mostly grabbed props from the site, there is some pretty elaborate and functional stuff available too.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I just went to the site and registered, got a confirmation email immediately, so not sure what you are doing wrong, I just translated the registration page with bing filled in the blanks and sent it.

edited December 1969

Yay, it worked this time!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must have typed my email in incorrectly.