MirrorMT: Mirror Morphs!!!! It WORKS!

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited March 2013 in Freebies

http://tofusan.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/download.html

Says DS 3.1.... WORKS on Genesis in DS 4.5.1.56!

Scroll down the page about half way.

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...cool, thanks.

• TofusanTofusan Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

When I use, it did not works. I've modified it to work on the Genesis, I have not yet uploaded. I want to upload it soon, unfortunately I'm out of town on business.
    I'm going back tomorrow. I will upload later. :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

tofusan, I did a simple test, made a morph with a dformer, spawned the morph, applied it, and ran the script. A dialog box comes up, and you have to select the morph you want mirrored. I just tried it again, and it works perfectly. You have to have Genesis selected for it to work...

edited March 2013

wancow said:
    tofusan, I did a simple test, made a morph with a dformer, spawned the morph, applied it, and ran the script. A dialog box comes up, and you have to select the morph you want mirrored. I just tried it again, and it works perfectly. You have to have Genesis selected for it to work...

Wancow, you are Never Wrong. I know it will work properly in that way. However, I tried a case that mirrors the morph that was created in MorphLoader. It will not work properly when combined with the joint deforming. Because, the class name of PoserJoint modifier was changed in DS4.5.

I'm sorry about my poor English.

Post edited by Tofusan on
    edited December 1969
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you Tofusan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this and the other goodies, Tofusan :) And your English is just fine!

Thanks to Wancow, too, for pointing it out

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited March 2013

Thank you for this great tool Tofusan. It is very useful!

Post edited by Age of Armour on
  • broncomechbroncomech Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you Tofusan,
    I have been looking all morning for a way to do this in a modeling program with no luck.
    Just downloaded your script and it works flawlessly in DS 4.6.0.18 64 bit

Thanks to wancow for the heads up on this tool

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Thank you Tofusan,
    I have been looking all morning for a way to do this in a modeling program with no luck.

Try using symmetry on the model when you create morphs.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I love MT Mirror. Now I make most of my morphs in Sculptris!

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Thank you Tofusan,

Try using symmetry on the model when you create morphs.

True true, but some modelers don't do so well with symmetry. Some mess up the vert ordering when symmetry is used and others get a bit buggy. Hexagon always seems to miss a few verts here and there and it takes longer to fix the strays than it did to make the morph.

This tool eliminates the worry and allows for separate left and right morphs too, if I remember correctly. It's one of those things that doesn't seem all that needed until you need it... then you really need it hehe.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

It's handy too to build a morph on one side of the model because it leaves the other side available as a reference to see how you morph compares to an unmorphed figure.

• desleadeslea Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tofusan, much appreciated!

• TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Very nice script! I couldn't even do this in Zbrush!

• wow, Wow, WOW !!!  I've been looking for a reliable way to do this for years!  Thank you very much!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Thanks so much.  Hope this will work out for me.  I often like to mirror a morph but most of the scripts out there fail or only partially work.  Using DAZ Studio 4.9

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited March 2016

Does this script work on clothing? Or on Genesis 2? I can't get either to mirror any morphs using the 4.5 script downloaded from the above link.

Or perhaps it is Windows only (I'm on a Mac)?

Post edited by marble on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited May 2017

Just used this on a clothing item for G3 to mirror a tricky JCM in DS 4.9, uncomformed the clothing, ran the script, exported the clothing with the new morph dialed to 100 (make sure smoothing and sub-d are off), zeroed out new morph, then reconformed it to G3 with his leg bent and loaded the new morph as the JCM, don't use reverse deformations, and of course deltas only.

Thanks a bunch, Tofusan!  Super useful script! heart

Post edited by Fisty on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited July 2017

Getting an error now in the new version of DS..  crying

2017-07-08 17:46:27.612 Loading script: Z:/DAZ Runtime/Scripts/Tofusan Mirror Morph/MirrorMT.dsa
    2017-07-08 17:46:27.657 WARNING: Script Error: Line 162
    2017-07-08 17:46:27.658 WARNING: Error: Function.prototype.connect: ambiguous connect to DzListView::clicked(); candidates are
        clicked(DzListViewItem*)
        clicked(DzListViewItem*,QPoint,int)
    Use e.g. object['clicked(DzListViewItem*,QPoint,int)'].connect() to connect to a particular overload
    2017-07-08 17:46:27.658 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@Z:/DAZ Runtime/Scripts/Tofusan Mirror Morph/MirrorMT.dsa:162
    2017-07-08 17:46:27.659 Error in script execution: Z:/DAZ Runtime/Scripts/Tofusan Mirror Morph/MirrorMT.dsa

Edit: trying to use it on the same clothing item it worked perfectly on in my previous post.

Post edited by Fisty on
  • DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

I wish I could get this to work right now. Does anyone know of a similar script?

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

The script is obsolete since we have Morph Loader Pro.

Hide everything else in the scene, set your figure to Base Resolution, File>Export>Wavefront OBJ, choose an export Preset maybe Daz Scale 100% (1 unit = 1 cm), check Ignore Invisible Nodes, the rest of the settings dosn't matter.

Open Morph Loader Pro select the same import Preset maybe Daz Scale 100% (1 unit = 1 cm).

Press the "Choose Morph Files" button and select your exported OBJ.

Right-click "Morph Mirroring" and choose X:Swap. Press Accept - done.

Don't forget to save your new morph File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset.

Cheers!  laugh I've never noticed it before lol yes

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited May 2019

I just noticed x: swap is not exactly the same as what this mirrorMT script does.

If you want a single morph that symmetrizes the same shape on both sides I guess you have to dial up the original and the new morph and do a second export to combine the shape on both sides.

[Edit]: No its even easier depending on the morph choose X: Left to Right or X: Right to Left to combine both sides with one import step.

I've leaned this from the youtube video here: New Morph Tools Intro by Josh Darling

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on

Ah thanks again. Will save me time for sure! ;-)