UV Unfold Mapping

I have a very complex object I have cut up in the UV mapper unfold like so many christmas cookies and spent a lot of time doing it. While it has worked well for a FACTORY fresh look of a new car while truing to WEATHER said model/object I realized I have missed a few cuts.

I dont want to re UNFOLD this object as it took days to spread it out the way I wanted BUT i need to CUT away a fews areas and rearrange them in the UV Unfold MAP.

HOW CAN I DO THIS while working in the UV MAP UNFOLD area!

PLEASE ADVISE

Post edited by richard.chaos_91798ec102 on

Comments

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Select your polygons, go to the operations tab in the uvmapper, hit the 'detach polygons' button, drag the selected area away in the uv map.

• edited December 1969

ALSO can one do the opposite! Can I JOIN 2 groups of separated POLYS without having to reunfold the object?

• edited December 1969

I might also AD that running Carrara 8 pro on Mac OS 10.8 I no longer have a BOUN DERY/GRID visible in the UV Map area

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Richard - with the quality models you make and they are really good, you should consider getting a dedicated UV mapper, such as UU3D. There are just so many more options available than you can get in any all-purpose application:)

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

ALSO can one do the opposite! Can I JOIN 2 groups of separated POLYS without having to reunfold the object?

Yes, just make sure 'merge candidates' is checked in the Display tab, then when you drop a compatible vertex on top of another it will 'merge'.

That's also where you'll find the 'display grid' checkbox. That might have become unticked at some point.