OT Remakes and remakes of remakes

Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just read they'll make a remake of RoboCop.

From what I've seen, imagination died in Hollywood a long time ago, and they're necroing 'old' movies.

>:(

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

They messed it up already. He aint gonna look like a robot, just like the new ninja turtles movie where they are now from outer space instead of mutants. I'm a huge Robocop fan, and to drastically re-invent the main character is like stripping him of all that makes him who he is. Apparently he is more human so no more classic Robocop movements that Peter Weller brought to his character.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

I'd see that for a buck! :coolgrin:

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'd rather get paid to see the new remake, RawArt...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I want to see RawArt's versions of the movies.

• edited December 1969

I want to see RawArt's versions of the movies.

10-1 says Michael Bay makes it and uses RawArt's Tinman for M4 as Robocop.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

MGM has closed its deal with Joel Kinnaman to play the title role in Robocop, the remake that is being directed by Jose Padilha

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited June 2012

I hate remakes. But they are nothing new, they have been remaking films for years.

A big problem I have is they always remake good movies, good movies don't need to be remade, they are already good. They need to take something that was a complete stink bomb the first time. Remake that movie and make it good

They should be remaking Ishtar, no one is lining up to remake that.

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
  • edited December 1969

I hate remakes. But they are nothing new, they have been remaking films for years.

A big problem I have is they always remake good movies, good movies don't need to be remade, they are already good. They need to take something that was a complete stink bomb the first time. Remake that movie and make it good

They should be remaking Ishtar, no one is lining up to remake that.

Wrong, the name Ishtar should be wiped from all records and the reels destroyed. IF they remake a movie, remake Transformers without Megan Fox or a victoria secret model and no Michael Bay directing. Also, remake G.I Joe with a real director who would do justice to the brand and not star Channing Tatum or butcher the entire mythos of the name.
    edited December 1969

In my opinion, there has never been a live action G.I. Joe or Transformers movie

• edited December 1969

In my opinion, there has never been a live action G.I. Joe or Transformers movie

I would agree, but as the quote goes, "what has been seen cannot be unseen"
    edited December 1969

yeah but they are like the Ferris Bueller Godzilla movie

• edited December 1969

Only good parts in that movie were the Jean Reno scenes, godzilla rising infrom of he japanese fishing boat, and the old man on the pier. Otherwise it was another PoS from Roland Emmerich
    edited December 1969

j87brown said:

Only good parts in that movie were the Jean Reno scenes, godzilla rising infrom of he japanese fishing boat, and the old man on the pier. Otherwise it was another PoS from Roland Emmerich

no the best part was the Taco Bell tie in marketing with that little dog "I theeenk I neeeed a bigger box"

• edited December 1969

j87brown said:

no the best part was the Taco Bell tie in marketing with that little dog "I theeenk I neeeed a bigger box"
    I have all those! I love the one that says "Heeere, Leezard Leezard Leezard!"

• XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

From what I've seen, imagination died in Hollywood a long time ago, and they're necroing 'old' movies.

Welcome to the realms of how Star Trek is now supposed to be, catering to the lowest common denominator and is used as a recruitment tool.

Can't wait for the next new Trek movie......not!

In the meantime....

Star Trek: How It Should Have Ended
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ-y6BWfUc

and

Star Trek: How It Should Have Ended (deleted scene)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkCW4TkLBfo