JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Szark said:
    Jack is up today on MM if you didn't see it. ;)

I gave in to my weakness for these Palazzi and bough Invetero.

No more! I'm spending my next wedge of money before it has even arrived.

Oopsy, sorry ;)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Thanks for the PSA Szark!

and thanks for everyone for the support, hope everyone has managed to bag some goodies. Don't panic if you've missed it, either.. I think you might get another go ;)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Was laid off from my job of 18 years on Friday.

That sucks, but as you said, it's an opportunity at the same time.

A quote I really like: - When the wind of changes is blowing, some build shelters, others build windmills.

I hope you get things sorted to the better!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Szark said:

I gave in to my weakness for these Palazzi and bough Invetero.

No more! I'm spending my next wedge of money before it has even arrived.

Oopsy, sorry ;)

On past form they won't get around to paying me until July or August. :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Thanks for the PSA Szark!

No problem dude.

edited December 1969

I found something of Jack's that is small and will do nicely....

for my scene, why what did you think I was talking about... ;)

Nope not going to say what it is as you will have to guess but I must say early stages of rendering looks good. Oh the detail which I never noticed before until I got close. Hopefully if all goes well it should be cooked by morning.

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Nope not going to say what it is as you will have to guess but I must say early stages of rendering looks good. Oh the detail which I never noticed before until I got close. Hopefully if all goes well it should be cooked by morning.

lol...

Look forward to seeing it. As for a guess, I have no idea.. my back catalogue is one big blur :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

I know, a wineglass (the Baroque serving set)

edited March 2013

It's wooden that is all I will say. I did mean guess when you see the pic. :)

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    It's wooden that is all I will say. I did mean guess when you see the pic. :)

Saba'a AlKair table and chairs?

edited December 1969

NOPE ;)

edited December 1969

Jacks store is up on MM again! He must be popular or something, like an ABBA- or a Beatles- tune he keeps coming back over and over again.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Jacks store is up on MM again! He must be popular or something, like an ABBA- or a Beatles- tune he keeps coming back over and over again.

lol yea.. it seems that way. I know DAZ are trying to mix it up this year, and I'm happy to let them do that. So yea, grab what you can again...

I've said it many a time, but thanks to everyone who supports my work, and in particular, thanks to everyone who supports this thread. I was asked recently how much it cost me, lol..

ps, your checks are in the post ;)

edited December 1969

Hope it goes well for you this year Jack.

edited December 1969

If not we can just start JACK-AID, everyone just has to shop at least three items a year!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    If not we can just start JACK-AID, everyone just has to shop at least three items a year!

lol..!

edited December 1969

Yeah but who would sing the theme song?

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

the chipmonks :D

edited December 1969

lol.. interesting choice.. but I can roll with it :D

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

But they told me that theres no stage for them... looks like you have to build a concert hall with stage for them ;)

edited March 2013

sedor said:
    the chipmonks :D
    NOooooooooooooooooooo
    Post edited by Szark on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...only three items a year? Shoot I do that in a week sometimes. ;-)

• clarke_af31e2e15dclarke_af31e2e15d Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

How is Luxus, too.. does my stuff play nicely in it?

I'm having trouble with the A.M.S. RT-05. The attachement below shows a spot render in Lux...as you can see, the textures aren't coming through. SphericLabs seems to think this is because the mech uses a custom shader that Luxus' auto translate isn't able to figure out.

As this is my first post here, in order to stick with the spirit of the thread I would like to say that this is a really great model...really hoping I can figure out how to make in work in Lux, I've got an idea for a really cool scene I'd like to do!

luxNoTexture02.jpg
    560 x 705 - 161K
  • SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited March 2013

clarke said:
    How is Luxus, too.. does my stuff play nicely in it?

I'm having trouble with the A.M.S. RT-05. The attachement below shows a spot render in Lux...as you can see, the textures aren't coming through. SphericLabs seems to think this is because the mech uses a custom shader that Luxus' auto translate isn't able to figure out.

As this is my first post here, in order to stick with the spirit of the thread I would like to say that this is a really great model...really hoping I can figure out how to make in work in Lux, I've got an idea for a really cool scene I'd like to do!

If you look through the mech's material settings. is it obvious which one is the diffuse texture map? If it is, then I would try setting up a matte material and setting the diffuse channel to that texture noted before.

The other option is to select all the material for the mech and apply a LuxRender metal2 material. I would do the silver.

Post edited by SphericLabs on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited March 2013

The A.M.S. RT-05 has a straight forward texture setup. nothing complex, just a diffuse, bump and a trans map for the glass. Below is a quick test render in LUX after one minute or so. Jack's model and textures came through fine.

AMSmech5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 146K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that FB.. I was going to say, there shouldn't be anything fancy about it. I guess the question is now, how you managed to get it to work in Luxus and clarke can't.

Any pointers you can give him? I haven't used Luxus yet, so I'm not much help ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

By the way ... Jack ...

Bridges?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

edited December 1969

I'd have to say Jeff Bridges is my favourite.. ;)

There is one in the can actually, and a couple kicking about the place.. along with loads of other stuff. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it - nor GIS, West Park.. etc etc etc ;)

I've probably said many a time by now, but I have to keep going around the various genres to try and keep everyone happy.. all I can ask is that you're patient, your particular genre of choice will be catered for ASAP.

:D

edited March 2013

clarke said:

Heh, thanks - welcome to the JAS!

Just FYI - this thread doesn't exist solely to stroke my ego - I'm all for constructive criticism/feedback.. so if you have any ideas or thoughts on stuff here is also the place to do it, along with posting renders, talking daft and posting the odd Monty Python reference.

If anyone wants to vent however, please do so by PM only ;)

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Patience ... oh well, he is asking for patience ...
    Is there a bridge over to the land of patience?

;)

This discussion has been closed.