Handgrip for DS4 ??

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I still run DS3 as my primary application but do have DS4 installed too and have been experimenting with it. Last night I started looking for the "Handgrip" function and couldn't find it. I looked in my archive of purchased DAZ applications and found software and license for a DS2 and DS3 version of Handgrip. Is there a DS4 version?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,859
    edited December 1969

No, or at least not yet. I seem to recall Handgrip and others plugins from this author took a while to be updated to DS3, too.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 1969

Oh... :( That's a bummer! Handgrip is a most useful tool. Although it does have some weirdness about how it manages the thumb. :ohh: However I can deal with one whacky digit when the other 4 fall in line very nicely. :coolsmile:

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

One thing to keep in mind in D|S4, if you're using Genesis figures they have a pretty comprehensive list of hand grip dials. I think it might even be more than the Hand Grip plugin offers — separate thumb and fingers dials for grip and fist, individual finger bends, fingers straighten and spread, etc. Have to remember to use them more often, though, I keep forgetting they're there... :roll:

edited June 2012

One thing to keep in mind in D|S4, if you're using Genesis figures they have a pretty comprehensive list of hand grip dials. I think it might even be more than the Hand Grip plugin offers — separate thumb and fingers dials for grip and fist, individual finger bends, fingers straighten and spread, etc. Have to remember to use them more often, though, I keep forgetting they're there... :roll:

Oh! :ohh: Thank you! I didn't know they were there. Where? The DS4 interface still confabulates me. :(

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Select either of the hands of Genesis figure in Pose window, then under either Parameters or Posing you should have an entry 'Pose Control' - you'll find them all lurking under that.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Select either of the hands of Genesis figure in Pose window, then under either Parameters or Posing you should have an entry 'Pose Control' - you'll find them all lurking under that.

Thank you! :-)