Some more new renders

MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

sometimes images just come together and here are a couple of new ones that I think have turned out ok... I like them at least and I wanted to show them off:)

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

They look very good! :)

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Good stuff, especially the first one.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I like these a lot...great work! :)

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I love the first one.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Really nice renders! :)

I really only want to say that but the stupid forum insists that I put more words that than grrrrrrrr

• MangeyDesignerMangeyDesigner Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

Thanks fo rthe comments. I love how that first render came out and I will definitely post more renders soon..... when and as I do more that I think are ok.

:D

edited December 1969

A Steampunk Vixen... chanelling a little bit of Uma Thurman I think :)

SteamPunkVixen-s.jpg
    1332 x 1999 - 328K
    edited December 1969

A gothic urban mistress of the night

UrbanVamp.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 355K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I like the Fresco effect you have going there in these last couple of pieces.

• madisonx_c5746f56a5madisonx_c5746f56a5 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Good stuff!

Is it just me or is the lighting a bit off in the second picture from your first post? Seems like that candle behind her should be a dominate light source, but not sure if it is doing much. I'm terrible with lighting though.

What kinds of effects are you using in the last two? Very interesting.

edited December 1969

MadisonXF said:
    Good stuff!

Is it just me or is the lighting a bit off in the second picture from your first post? Seems like that candle behind her should be a dominate light source, but not sure if it is doing much. I'm terrible with lighting though.

What kinds of effects are you using in the last two? Very interesting.

You are probably right with the lighting from that candle although I still like how the render turned out.

I use Filter Forge which has a huge library of filter effects and my postworking usually uses sevral filters in varying degrees overlaid on my original render to create more of a piece of art than a 3D render.

edited December 1969

Here is my latest.

A fantasy warrior with a slightly more mature face shape. I don't do heaps of fantasy warrior style renders but I like how this one turned out with all the lovely earthy green and brown tones and the fiery red hair.

WildRed-s.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 324K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

That lady does have power!

edited December 1969

Very cool - Love the colors in that last one!

edited December 1969

An emotion filled portrait from the scene I am working with at the moment.

It is a close up render of an image that I can't post here as it is an exercise in making pubic hair with Garibaldi.... but I loved how this portrait image turned out even though the hair was slapped together pretty quick.

MissYou-s.jpg
    1543 x 1999 - 345K
    edited December 1969

Very nice emotion!

edited December 1969

Here is something I did with Luxus.

I really like this plugin and am finding it handles DS materials far better than Reality does so I may go back to doing more LUX renders again.... just gotta work out how to export my GH hair now so it will render. Better rerad those GH threads again and ask Cath for some tips as my last attempt at doing an export didn't really work too well.

RedGown.jpg
    1332 x 1999 - 420K
    edited December 1969

Here is nother render with Luxus. I am loving being back in Luxrender as it is cool to be able to tweak your lighting during the render... oh and of course to be able to pause and resume too :).... not to mention that the unbiased engine does an amazing job.

This uses a skydome converted to a LUX infinte light and a point light. It is great how you can get such awesome results from such a simple lighting setup :)

postworked with Filter Forge as most of my renders are these days!

VillaOfDreams-s.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 539K
    edited December 1969

They're lovely!

edited December 1969

Here's a couple with the new DS Dynamic Towel Set

BathroomTowel.jpg
    1332 x 1999 - 480K
    MyRedTowel-s.jpg
    1330 x 1995 - 282K
    edited December 1969

Here is a steampunk inspired piece done for a contest offsite.

This was done with uberenv lighting and took nearly 20 hours to render... I think I am going to go back to more simple lighting setups, although I do like how it turned out. I am going to do a close up portrait render now from this scene but that may take well over 20 hours with all that hair!!

This was rendered at 2866.x 4299 which was also a contributing factor towards the long render time but all of my renders these days are fairly large pixel sizes so I just learn to live with doing them overnight... but the uberenv with some ramped up advanced render settings really added heaps to the time unfortunately!!

BlitheSpirit-s.jpg
    1333 x 1999 - 447K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Here is a steampunk inspired piece done for a contest offsite.

This was done with uberenv lighting and took nearly 20 hours to render... I think I am going to go back to more simple lighting setups, although I do like how it turned out. I am going to do a close up portrait render now from this scene but that may take well over 20 hours with all that hair!!

This was rendered at 2866.x 4299 which was also a contributing factor towards the long render time but all of my renders these days are fairly large pixel sizes so I just learn to live with doing them overnight... but the uberenv with some ramped up advanced render settings really added heaps to the time unfortunately!!

Definitely worth the render time. I absolutely love this !
    edited April 2013

Glad you like this latest render Blck Feather... I agree that the render time was worth the wait :)

And thanks for the link Frank I will check out your graphic novel.

Do me a favour and check out my new Gallery.
    I was very excited to be invited into a NY based online and printed gallery where I am the only 3D artist with most of the other art being fine art photography.

see link below in my Sig

Post edited by MangeyDesigner on
    edited December 1969

Wow, MD - lots of beautiful images in those galleries!!!

edited December 1969

Yep... I am blown away to have my renders shown alongside such talented artists :D

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Wow, congratulations! I must say I really like your style.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments Scott.

My style has really been evolving a lot lately but like everyone I guess it changes all the time.

I am trying to be really arty with my renders at the moment and generally I am enjoying the results.

I try to keep things very simple and one of the best things I ever did was enter a contest here last year where you had to use no postwork and only basic light setups. I taught myself a lot about simple lighting setups in DS4 and that has been invaluable. I rarely use anything more than a distant light and a point light and it is amazing the results you can get these days just with DS and very simple lighting.

Anyway I am off to work now but thanks again for your comments and thanks for checking out my art :)

edited December 1969

Yep... I am blown away to have my renders shown alongside such talented artists :D

There are other talented artists there, but I was referring to YOUR galleries :)

edited December 1969

There are other talented artists there, but I was referring to YOUR galleries :)

Ahhh I see... well it goes without saying that my work is fabulous :P

But seriously it is good to have places like that where I can collect what I consider to be my better pieces and show them off.... and they are in general art communities and not just 3D related communities which is awesome.

I really like the setup at Fine Art America as they have a good presence in the search engines and a great eCommerce mechanism in place for any sort of artist to offer prints on demand. No-one can expect to sell much there (or anywhere) unless they hustle around and promote themselves (which I don't really do!!) but I have sold a few prints since I joined last year and the most notable of those sales was a 30.25" x 40.75" framed print to someone in NY... and it is very cool to know someone has a large print of one of my renders on their wall. I definitely recommend people here check them out as you never know what it could be the start of.

There are already quite a few people at FAA that use Poser or DS and some do absolutely stunning stuff that blows me away so it is very inspiring.... also all of the amazing painters, illustrators and photographers etc. that are there truly inspire me to create better art.

Anyway enough of that.... I will keep posting any new renders I am pleased with.. or any new renders that I want to share to promote products I like (or have been testing) as I think it is good to get and receive feedback from your peers and to network with them in order for everyone to get better.

Take care and thanks for enjoying my work :D
    btw where is your render thread young lady?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

quite a nice collection of sexy renders :)