Keyframe into NLA ?

Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have just started to work with NLA and editable clips.
I have prior animations I have worked on with keyframe animation buy without using NLA.
Is it possible to get keyframes you already have created with out using NLA or editable clips into a editable clip?
Seems when I add a NLA track and editable clip it is a completely isolated track for keyframes.
Thanks

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    I have prior animations I have worked on with keyframe animation buy without using NLA.
    Is it possible to get keyframes you already have created with out using NLA or editable clips into a editable clip?
    Seems when I add a NLA track and editable clip it is a completely isolated track for keyframes.
    Thanks

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18713/

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

8068 said:
    Thanks

Open the scene with the keyframes.

In the Instances tab select the figure's Animation Group (the directory that contains the model and all the bones

Upper right hand panel you should see the NLA tab. Click CREATE MASTER CLIP

There is a tutorial that shows the process backwards (creating all the keyframes inside an editable clip), but I find that confusing. Just using the CREATE MASTER CLIP is much easier.... The clip will appear under the CLIPS TAB, ready to drag to the NLA track.

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Excellent!
    Thank you!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,221
    edited December 1969

For further flexibility, it's also worth knowing that, with clips in your clips tab, you can use the NLA tab that you use to create clips and poses, to "Load Data from Clip" and a popup will show whatever clips you have in the clip tab - and without having any clips in the timeline, you'll load the keyframes from the clip to the figure.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

For further flexibility, it's also worth knowing that, with clips in your clips tab, you can use the NLA tab that you use to create clips and poses, to "Load Data from Clip" and a popup will show whatever clips you have in the clip tab - and without having any clips in the timeline, you'll load the keyframes from the clip to the figure.

Can you explain this Dart? I don't find an option to "Load Data from Clip" under any part of the interface i am seeing...

Edit, never mind. It's under the NLA tab... which is exactly what you said. I don't know why I didn't understand. :red:

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

Can you explain this Dart? I don't find an option to "Load Data from Clip" under any part of the interface i am seeing...

Edit, never mind. It's under the NLA tab... which is exactly what you said. I don't know why I didn't understand. :red:I find it easier to work with that in an editable clip, personally. It's also very handy if you need to re-save an animation with parts deselected.

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Wow......wow......
    It's a whole new world.
    thanks

edited December 1969

Isn't it cool? This opens up amazing possibilities. It's a bit wordy, but I transferred my article from the old Carrara forums, AniMating in Carrara, into the new Carrara Information Thread stickied in these forums. It's a whole new adventure in exactly what you're doing now.

Check it out.