Render a banner for my scripts - win a tiny GC

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Render My Banner Contest

Kendall Sears has kindly set me up with space on hiss erver for my freebies, which opens up the possibility of having a prettier page than the bare bones of 4Shared. So I'm asking for help - I'd like a banner image, 800 pixels wide and 300 pixels high, for "Richard's Scriptorium". Contest will run until 30th June 2012, images need to abide by the forum TOS of course (and if we get flags added before the end of the contest should not be such as to require flagging) and should be posted here - the winner will get a clear credit on the landing page, and a princely $10 Gift Certificate.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Could we have just a list of your home cooked script's? That would kinda sorta lead to an IDEA of the scripting that you do. I know all yours are listed but I'm one lazy son of a gun, and the New users might need a hint also. :cheese:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

I don't know if you will be able to see the list, but miost of them are here http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/onlwVj_B/_online.html#dir=6702192 . I also did a set of selection-related scripts as the Christmas freebie a couple of years ago which I need to put up.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your right no list. That's okay, I know you from the forums, and I'm sure I use some of your scripts from time to time.

I can work up something, I was just hoping to get a better idea. I also thought it might help others.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

I don't know if you will be able to see the list, but miost of them are here http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/onlwVj_B/_online.html#dir=6702192 . I also did a set of selection-related scripts as the Christmas freebie a couple of years ago which I need to put up.

All I am getting at the link Richard is an error: "The file link that you requested is not valid."

edited December 1969

Ah well, the list wasn't terribly informative - and has quite a few items that are really old (a fix for an ERC bug in DS1.8, and the script I made to magnetise all the clothing fitted to a V4 in one go which has been redundant since DS got auto-magnetise).

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

My entry,

Used Some props from the study and a pose-able book prop, rendered with Reality 2.2.

Oh that's a can of Daz special brew in case you get thirsty :D

Richard-s.jpg
    800 x 300 - 248K
    Post edited by Michael G on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I got a feeling you will see a lot of these banners hitting the forum soon.....:lol:

Anyway here is one from me. :roll:

Richards_Scriptorium.jpg
    800 x 300 - 207K
    edited December 1969

Off to a good start. I did think I should ask Jack Tomalin and Danie and Marformo for some kick-backs.

edited December 1969

I am so amazed that their is so little interest so far, I thought there would be dozens here by now....

Richard do you have anything in mind exactly? I actually do better if I have a idea or a theme to work to, so if you have some additional input I will be glad to have a go at it. ;-)

edited December 1969

I was trying to leave it open for people to see what they came up with. And anyway, I'm not sure Kendall (or the TOS) would want "Naked Vicky with a Text-editor in a Scriptorium".

edited December 1969

I was trying to leave it open for people to see what they came up with. And anyway, I'm not sure Kendall (or the TOS) would want "Naked Vicky with a Text-editor in a Scriptorium".

ROFL.......OK, no naked Vicky, then!

edited December 1969

Here is another one.....

Richards_Scriptorium_2.jpg
    800 x 300 - 301K
    edited December 1969

and, another..............

Richards_Scriptorium_4.jpg
    800 x 300 - 250K
    edited December 1969

Hellooooo! any banner makers out there???? :lol::lol:

edited December 1969

I think they've been seduced away by other contests.

edited June 2012

OK another from me then :lol:

Interestingly all the images I am using have their own little stories to tell.....for example the skeleton in this image was made using Daz.
    and then sent to Photoshop to create the Grim Reaper. The final Photoshop image was called "Little Pleasures" which was destined for the Photoshop Creative magazine but, I was a whole week late in completing it. :lol:

Richards_Scriptorium_5.jpg
    800 x 300 - 174K
    Post edited by kylumi on
    edited December 1969

I made this inside PS this morning.%-P

Richards_Scriptorium_6.jpg
    800 x 300 - 139K
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited June 2012

I wish I had the skills to make you a banner Richard. But I very much like the first entrance(by Michel_G) and the 1st and 3d by kylumi, if that's of any help :)

And I love the image that tells this story:

kylumi said:
    OK another from me then :lol:

Interestingly all the images I am using have their own little stories to tell.....for example the skeleton in this image was made using Daz.
    and then sent to Photoshop to create the Grim Reaper. The final Photoshop image was called "Little Pleasures" which was destined for the Photoshop Creative magazine but, I was a whole week late in completing it. :lol:

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Here is my attepmt to tempt. ;)

Not sure what to put in the place of the word Fixes but I thought it appropriate.

The ATM will never be the same now.

Richard_Banner.jpg
    800 x 300 - 159K
    edited December 1969

I didn't like the last one that much after a time away from it.

I think this is better and straight out of Daz Studio. Well two renders composited in PSE. Long story.

Much crisper and easier to read.

Richards_Banner1.jpg
    800 x 300 - 146K
  • CNSamsonCNSamson Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's one from me:

rscript_1.jpg
    800 x 300 - 81K
    edited December 1969

And a second one:

rscript_2a.jpg
    800 x 300 - 118K
    edited December 1969

CNSamson I love that first one better. Very cool much better than my effort.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    CNSamson I love that first one better. Very cool much better than my effort.
    Thanks much, hope Richard likes it as well!
    edited December 1969

Heh, the Sierpinski gaskets suggested punch tape, which is neat.

edited December 1969

Sorry it's taken me a while to make my mind up - it was difficult to whittle the list down to a single winner, but I can finally declare Szark's ASM the champion - thank you, your GC is about to be sent by PM and I'll send the image on to Kendall to adorn my web page. Thank you, too, to everyone who entered - it's been fun to see all the different takes on the idea.

Szarks_winning_banner.jpg
    800 x 300 - 146K
    edited December 1969

Well that came as a big surprise, thanks Richard. Glad you like it. :)

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Szark! I think Richard made the right choice.
    Besides, now we know a little bit more about Richard, right? :)

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

LOL Thanks Jeanne

edited December 1969

Congratulations Szark, I think Richard made an excellent choice. :coolsmile:

I would have replied sooner but, I have not been around for a while and I did not get a post notification in my mail :ohh: