Genesis WIsh List

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    I would like to see some traditional Japanese clothing and armor for Genesis, including:

Kimono - both men's and women's styles

Yes. This. A thousand times this. Not an ultra-fancy style, absolutely not some fetishist's idea of a "sexy" kimono, but the sort of thing you'd actually see people wearing.

I think I saw somewhere that someone was working on them (or at least a furisode), but I don't remember where, or how long ago, and I don't want to say who in case I'm mis-remembering that. (If it is who I remember, it's someone very good at doing stuff that people really wear.)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Lyrra has a lovely group of traditional Asian outfits for Gen 4 over on Rendo. But getting it to work with Genesis is more than I'm prepared to undertake.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

As for Girl 5, I actually tried to contact Kim Goossenz asking about it. Of course as I should have expected, he never replied back. However, this may very well hint that something is in the works and he just can't say anything.

That or he's just like MallenLane and just doesn't respond like the cool kid that he is...

Kim Goossens has only created the original Girl that he later sold to DAZ in 2004. All the other versions have been made by DAZ.

Kim Goossens is teaching at an university in the Netherlands

http://made.nhtv.nl/index.php?page=information&sub=staff&third=game_architecture_and_design_staff&staff_id=39

edited December 1969

Actually... since the Girl seems to have changed very little between Gen3 and Gen4 (mainly just in how she could be used as a morph rather than a separate figure), I'm not convinced that there would be enough of a change between Girl 4 and a hypothetical Girl 5 to put the development time into it. Although, I suppose that's a morph which could probably use its own UV set.

Kid4 on the other hand probably could use a reworking to a Gen5 people have been grousing about some of the porportions there ever since the figure launched.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has anyone mentioned age morphs?
    I'm old and I want to render old people ;)

edited December 1969

Have you checked out Zev0's age morphs over on Rendo? It's a very nice package.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Have you checked out Zev0's age morphs over on Rendo? It's a very nice package.

Hadn't seen those. Thanks!

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see men's clothing that doesnt have the bulgy shoulder cup, and with the shoulder seam in the tailored place across the shoulder not the upper arm. That shoulder business is so unreal looking, and is very odd when the rest of the render is realistic. Something with a nice morphable collar that looks neatly folded over, for a starched shirt or up for a rebel-without-a cause look.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,325
    edited March 2013

More high quality high polycon count clothing with modeled detail by zbrush artists.

Have a look at those galleries to get an idea how that might look like:

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/gallery/

Lately I more and more get the feeling that the clothing is lacking details.
    Mostly it is just simple flat surfaces.
    Details are only provided by either displacment maps or shaders.

Details provided by shaders are not optimal for exporting models to other applications.
    Details provided by displacement maps is not optimal for many render engines because it takes actually longer to render.

As far as I understood DAZ content was never targeted to be for games or other low poly uses.
    So there might as well be more clothing that is heavier to load in the scene.

If all we can do is rendering single images of figures in DS we might as well be able to do that with as much detail as up to date pcs can handle and keep pushing those limits with new content.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

And ... I know I have requested that a few times ... I would like to have a cute Genesis Teddybear. :)

I second, third, fourth, and fifth the above!

The lack of 'cute' at DAZ is depressing.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I didn't realize there was such a demand for real world uniforms. It seems like I only see scifi, sexy, or superhero uniforms out there. Here is something I have been working on for myself, a Genesis version of the M3 Navy Uniform I sold on Renderosity for ages. If you think there is enough interest, then I will start working out the obvious kinks, add some options and more pieces.

USNavy2.jpg
    350 x 700 - 131K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...nice. I'd buy it.

Would also be cool to have a few historic naval unis from other sea powers as well as civilian (liner) ship personnel.

edited December 1969

...I'd also like to see traditional ethnic eastern European and Balkan clothing.

(of course in non-skanklwear versions).

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

I'm going to speak for the silent majority and ask for more ridiculous Frazetta-fantasy metal bikini skimpywear like Martian Princess and Aery Soul stuff. There's a lot of fantasy wear and most of it is rather revealing, but there are very few in the style of classic 80's and 90's fantasy pinup artwork specifically for Genesis. Many of the V4 items get distorted when auto-fit because they either have straps between the breast cups or other hanging or curved elements, so having some specifically for Genesis would be nice.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I didn't realize there was such a demand for real world uniforms. It seems like I only see scifi, sexy, or superhero uniforms out there. Here is something I have been working on for myself, a Genesis version of the M3 Navy Uniform I sold on Renderosity for ages. If you think there is enough interest, then I will start working out the obvious kinks, add some options and more pieces.

I think I bought that M3 version, but yannow.. I'd buy the genesis version from you to keep me from trying to convert it.

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

I have been really impressed with the possibilities offered by Genesis. Let me add in this wish list -

* Definitely more real-world uniforms as people have suggested. Both dress uniforms and the "in the field" type with the appropriate MOLLE gear and "Battle rattle."
    * A modern flight suit.
    * Paramedics gear.
    * Professional gear - men's and women's office suits and fashions - everything from "professional casual" to "Suit and tie."

I would gladly buy any outfits for Genesis that met this wish list.

edited December 1969

...also a traditional WWII bomber jacket and cap

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

1- EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...AND MORE EXPRESSIONS. REALISTIC EXPRESSIONS.

There is almost no expressions for Genesis out there. There is a lot of clothes, hair, environments...which is good but I don't understand why no one makes some expressions for Genesis. Maybe I'm missing something...or is it too difficult to make expressions for Genesis...I don't know. I really hope some expressions will come because there is a serious lack of them...and the expressions are so important in a render. They give the soul to a portrait.

• edited December 1969

Yes, we're due for a Girl 5, and/or a She-Freak 5. Every main character gets an upgrade. It doesn't matter how it gets done, and it doesn't matter if you think it looks the same, EVERYONE gets upgrade. Those are THE RULES. >:(

(Yes, I'm probably being facitious on the last part, but that's how it's "suppose to go" (TM))

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited March 2013

JOdel said:
    Actually... since the Girl seems to have changed very little between Gen3 and Gen4 (mainly just in how she could be used as a morph rather than a separate figure), I'm not convinced that there would be enough of a change between Girl 4 and a hypothetical Girl 5 to put the development time into it. Although, I suppose that's a morph which could probably use its own UV set.
    Actually, from what was explained to me before, the Girl 4 IS Girl 3 directly brought over from her original mesh. Apparently, because she was so uniquely different in, not only the polymesh itself, but UV mapping, and default rigging from the rest of the Mellenium Figure line, there was very little to no support for her. To correct this, DAZ decided to clone her shape over to the Millennium 4 Woman (Victoria 4) mesh along with upgrades for most of her original content. Since then, people have been using and supporting her a lot more and is now succeeding to Gen 5.

Yes, we're due for a Girl 5, and/or a She-Freak 5. Every main character gets an upgrade. It doesn't matter how it gets done, and it doesn't matter if you think it looks the same, EVERYONE gets upgrade. Those are THE RULES. >:(

(Yes, I'm probably being facitious on the last part, but that's how it's "suppose to go" (TM))

Exactly so! :-)
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I have been really impressed with the possibilities offered by Genesis. Let me add in this wish list -

* Definitely more real-world uniforms as people have suggested. Both dress uniforms and the "in the field" type with the appropriate MOLLE gear and "Battle rattle."
    * A modern flight suit.
    * Paramedics gear.
    * Professional gear - men's and women's office suits and fashions - everything from "professional casual" to "Suit and tie."

I would gladly buy any outfits for Genesis that met this wish list.

I would like to second this emotion.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...also a traditional WWII bomber jacket and cap

I would like to second this emotion as well. :)

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

You know what I would really like, hopefully soon

A male counter part for Asobi

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I'd love a few different kinds of walls with windows for use as backdrops...From old fashioned to futuristic. I could add my own scenary outside.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You know what I would really like, hopefully soon

A male counter part for Asobi

Maybe PM DemonicaEvilius and Silver?

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Braces. Yeah, I have the i13 set for V4 but it doesn't stay in place for Genesis.

edited December 1969

...did I already mention more footwear? Just footwear? How about theme packs like, casual, dress, sport, and historic/ethnic footwear (like Geta, wooden sabots, etc..)?

Genesis is still woefully short on nice simple footwear and Autofit is still very hit & miss in this department. It would be nice to have a variety of basic everyday styles without having to purchase full clothing sets to get them.

...and roller skates, both classic and inline, where the wheels don't deform when posing? (Leela is getting very impatient as she misses wearing her rollerblades)

...and ice skates, (hockey, speed, and figure) where the blades don't deform either?

• beregarberegar Posts: 256
    edited December 1969

Mertail or actually morphing tail that can function either as a serpent tail or mertail. One that is *not* geografted because I really want to use existing skin textures with it. If it ends up being geografted I'm pretty sure it has to come with its own textures for the rest of the body as well (like Raw's Gorgon), not just tail. Transmap option would be nicer in that case.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Lyone said:
    1- EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...EXPRESSIONS...AND MORE EXPRESSIONS. REALISTIC EXPRESSIONS.

There is almost no expressions for Genesis out there. There is a lot of clothes, hair, environments...which is good but I don't understand why no one makes some expressions for Genesis. Maybe I'm missing something...or is it too difficult to make expressions for Genesis...I don't know. I really hope some expressions will come because there is a serious lack of them...and the expressions are so important in a render. They give the soul to a portrait.

I have to say yes... Particularly expressions for men.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

More Pose Variety for me

My pose Collection sucks, the genesis ones anyways

there are a lot of either repeat or at least very similar poses in packages from various vendors.