edited March 2013 in Freebies
Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

IF only it were 4.0 compatible. That hair would actually be near perfect for Kageto. Much better than the Wasg hair I've been using.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

So upgrade :) I don't understand why people cling to 4.0 when half the stuff that makes DS cool doesn't work right in it... and does in 4.5

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    So upgrade :) I don't understand why people cling to 4.0 when half the stuff that makes DS cool doesn't work right in it... and does in 4.5
    Because I'm making content for 4.0 so that the widest possible number of users can use it. And because the last time I did try to install 4.5 I nearly screwed up everything I already have. I didn't start having render troubles until I tried "upgrading". I don't want to screw up what I already have. If I could run both versions I would.
    edited December 1969

Okay... I still don't get why people don't upgrade... there's no advantage to sticking with 4.0 that I can see... a lot simply does not work properly, and the transfer util is one of them...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Okay... I still don't get why people don't upgrade... there's no advantage to sticking with 4.0 that I can see... a lot simply does not work properly, and the transfer util is one of them...
    Why do some people still use 3.0? They use what they're comfortable with or their computer can handle.
    edited December 1969

That I understand! That's about computing power. But any computer that can handle 4.0 can handle 4.5. The interface is the same. And 4.5 is simply more solid and most of the parts work the way they're supposed to.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think the hair is lovely!
    Thank you!

edited December 1969

you are welcome, Kerya! Hope to see it in your images sometime soon :)

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

THANKX a lot for sharing this fantastic product Wancow :-)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Very lovely hair - thanks so much!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Because I'm making content for 4.0 so that the widest possible number of users can use it. And because the last time I did try to install 4.5 I nearly screwed up everything I already have. I didn't start having render troubles until I tried "upgrading". I don't want to screw up what I already have. If I could run both versions I would.

Exactly the same reason I still use DS4. (and DS3)

There are still a lot of people who can't get DS4.5 to run on their machines.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    wancow said:

Exactly the same reason I still use DS4. (and DS3)

There are still a lot of people who can't get DS4.5 to run on their machines.

:(

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Not bad. While not hyper realistic, there's still key niches it sits in. This style of hair creation tends to render faster. With that, it probably looks really good on toon and anime characters. You could choose to try to make the next version more realistic or you could choose to embrace the stylized look.

Figure that a more final version will probably have some sort of morph so no gripes on this one not having any but I did find it odd that there wasn't an option for black hair within the hair colors. Also, not a requirement or anything else but a grey/aged color might also be a good thing.

WC_Hair_Test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 121K
    edited December 1969

WOW! Zamuel, that is the first render of that hair that I've ever seen not done by ME! Wow!

The reason it has no black... because I have no clue how to make it! :(

So far as the morphs, yah, sorry bout that. When DAZ told me what they did, I decided to get it up asap and move on.

edited December 1969

Didn't know you actually made the colors raw. I know there's a few freebie hair color merchant resource floating about so I thought you simply used one of those. In theory, you could darken the brown but that would take a bit of effort to do right.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    I know there's a few freebie hair color merchant resource floating about so I thought you simply used one of those.

There are???? I couldn't find a single one!

edited December 1969

In my infinite wisdom I don't think I wrote down the links so I may have to do some searching.

edited December 1969

Just experimenting a bit.

WC_Hair_Test_2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 118K
    edited December 1969

It's also perfect for making cute toony hair :-)

GE_Bianchanya.jpg
    773 x 1000 - 49K
    edited December 1969

I was NOT going for the toon look... but damn, that render looks fantastic!!! Thank you very much for posting it!

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I was NOT going for the toon look

Thus you made two versions ... for the price of one freebie :-)
    Thanks again Wancow.

edited December 1969

I just started investigating mirroring in Hex... If it works, I might make a mirror of the hair and update it... depending on if I can get my head around it and make it work...

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295
    edited December 1969

I understand the whole everyone should upgrade (it falls under the whole newer is better mentality, which is a proven farce for many products), however, not everyone can afford to buy new stuff for Genesis and are left with using V4 products on Genesis...like me...then there are some people who have trouble figuring out how to use Genesis and the newest Daz, they just can't get past all the changes, in time they might, but for now they stick with what they know.

I think your hair looks great and I do have it saved to my computer, however, I can't use it due to being stuck on a p4 computer and can only use 2.3. I am working on getting a better computer, but it will take time. When all is said and done, I am one of those who wish creators would not forget about V4 when making products, free and paid items.

• mattiascibienmattiascibien Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

Nice hair:)
    Will get them now since I am short of hair ATM :) and cause they are cool ovbiously.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295
    edited December 1969

There are not a lot of free hair resources out there and most only allow you to make freebies from them, so double check the readme. I did find one that looks promising.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/30625/related/11/Poser/HAIR-Colours-CREATOR---Poser

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Great hair, Wancow! Beautiful work, sir.

Thank you for making it a freebie.

I look forward to seeing more hair from you.

Love your other freebies as well.

Keep up the fine work!

edited March 2013

CalieVee said:
    There are not a lot of free hair resources out there and most only allow you to make freebies from them, so double check the readme. I did find one that looks promising.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/30625/related/11/Poser/HAIR-Colours-CREATOR---Poser

Thank you SOOO much for this link! It's going to help me out a tonne!

Hope you manage to get a new PC soon!

Great hair, Wancow! Beautiful work, sir.

Thank you for making it a freebie.

I look forward to seeing more hair from you.

Love your other freebies as well.

Keep up the fine work!

Eventually, I hope to make the Belle Hair a freebie as well... it's just not ready for prime time. The next thing I upload to ShareCG and Free3DContent will be Belle's gown. I have to re-rig that first, though. That might happen by the end of the week. And I have to start work on the hair that I hope will eventually end up for sale in the DAZ marketplace... hopefully... I do need to get an income, even if it's a little bit...
    Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Testing it out in something more toon/anime styled.

WC_Hitomi.jpg
    800 x 800 - 270K
    edited December 1969

by the way, I put a geometry shell on it, gave that the same textures set to 90%opacity, and a push mod set to 0.1... made it a bit fuller. Nice work Sam!