The 2013 Stonemason Catalogue Contest

Comments

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Surprised with all the last day entries! Well, good luck to everyone! :coolsmile:

• edited December 1969

I'm going to be sad when this is over and this thread dies! I've gotten used to getting messages in my inbox and enjoyed looking at all of the entries as they came in.

• skavengurskavengur Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Title: Giving Thanks to The Creator
    Stonemason Products: Greeble City 2
    Software Used: Poser Pro 2010 & Vue 8 Complete

Second Entry

Woohoo! Managed to wrap up an image I had abandoned thinking I didn't have time to finish it! I like my second entry better anyway. More my style. :-)

Giving_Thanks.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 86K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I suppose it'll now be midnight in the kingdom of DAZ... but yeah, this thread is full of all sorts of awesome - plenty of folk upped the quality of their normal work with their entries. There's lots to be proud of and impressed by.

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Image Title: Fantasy Forge Part 2
    Software Used: Daz Studio and Photoshop.
    Stonemason Products Used: Alpine Planet and Floater Bot

Probably too late. but still wanted to share.

FantasyForge_Part2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 923K
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I wish someone offical would come here and say NO More entries just so we all know where we stand. We can't be having anymore late commers with excellent images turning up at the last moment. It's just not cricket. ;) LOL

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

The entire month of submissions has been a lot of fun to watch. Who ever gets to judge these really has an arduous task ahead of them.

edited December 1969

Don't forget we have to judge too. :)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I wish someone offical would come here and say NO More entries just so we all know where we stand. We can't be having anymore late commers with excellent images turning up at the last moment. It's just not cricket. ;) LOL

According to my time zone (Pacific - California time), Paris' last entry was just in under the wire at 11:58pm. I don't see any other entries so I think we are good.

Now if someone official could give us an update on when the contest winners will be announced...I know the judging will take a bit of time with all the great entries to sort through, but to save me (and others) the stress and agony of sitting at our computers constantly hitting refresh on the thread for the next unspecified amount of days...That Would Be Cricket! ;-)

Once again - Good Luck to Everyone!

edited December 1969

I did have my tongue in my check when I wrote that. :)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Since this is Stonemason's contest & thread; it up to him to "officially" close the contest. It's 8:30 am tomorrow in KiwiLand; let's wait 'til he's had his coffee. ;-P

• fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

i am so not looking forward to having to do the community judging.... there are so many wonderful images here

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Skavengur...love the cityscape in this...nice atmospheric feel to it, too.

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited March 2013

Jamahoney said:
    Skavengur...love the cityscape in this...nice atmospheric feel to it, too.

You're right ! Me too i like very much the 2 entry of Skavengur and i hope he wins the First Prize : the pose of the cyborg , his "clothes",
    the city and the overall color, every part of his picture is perfect, and the nice atmospheric feel as you said...

It will be VERY hard to choose, there are so many beautiful works, but this one is impressive !

Post edited by ecoleena on
  • staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Awww, Nerfbumps! I knew it. I missed the deadline. My poor baby can't handle the big bytes anymore. I like making multi-object images, but my 7 year old PC can't keep up. I guess I'll have to use less and try to do more with it until funds become available to replace the old dear. I had a good one, I think, and watching the images unfold here ave me more and more ideas on how to tweak and improve it. Well anyway, I think you would have liked it, but in all honesty, I don't think it would have won. There's a lot of talent out there and there's a whole lot of it peeking out in this contest.
    Well, congratulations to whoever the best of you turns out to be! I'm sure you earned it! Better luck to the rest of us next time, eh?

edited December 1969

Does anyone know if we are allowed to post our images on other sites now that the contest is technically over? Or do we need to wait for the official results?

Thanks.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

hi all..
    contest is officialy over...feel free to post on other sites if you'd like to,
    I'll try and get a new thread posted in a couple days that has all the images in one clean thread so we can all vote a little easier..also will get the past random winners sorted.

thanks so much for everyones participation,It's been great to see so many cool renders from everyone!.

Cheers
    Stefan

• edited December 1969

hi all..
    I'll try and get a new thread posted in a couple days that has all the images in one clean thread so we can all vote a little easier..also will get the past random winners sorted.

thanks so much for everyones participation,It's been great to see so many cool renders from everyone!.

Cheers
    Stefan

Thank you for having this contest!

edited December 1969

Yep it was fun to watch all the great images come pouring in but I am not looking forward to the community vote......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    edited March 2013

Szark said:
    I did have my tongue in my check when I wrote that. :)

And that's the way I took your comment too (as humorous). It was both funny and a nice compliment. Thank you.

But on the serious side, I knew I was pushing the envelope. Although it was before midnight for me, DAZ time (if that was the cut off) would mean I was too late. Since I was able to get my first entry in a few days back, I was/am fine with whatever ruling (in or out) for this second entry.

Funny thing though,as last minute as this was, I think I would have made it before midnight DAZ time with no problem were it not for the fact that the fire alarm in our apartment complex went off at about 10:30 pm. Can you believe it? Crazy timing plus a lack of preparation on my part.

Post edited by Parris on
    edited December 1969

LOL Well it is good that is the main thing. :) Good luck everyone.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...almost wish I would have been laid off from my job last month. Then I would have had the time to get everything installed on the new workstation in time to submit an entry.

...ahh well, there's always next year.

edited December 1969

I guess the only thing I could've done differently was to wait longer before creating my images. Some of the later entries really raised the bar and perhaps that would've made me rethink my entries...but then again I am also very happy with them and glad to finally post them for all my friends and family to see in my personal gallery!

Thank you again to Stefan for offering such generous gifts and creating such a fun contest for everyone! I have enjoyed seeing so many amazing pieces and hope to connect with all of you in other forums (deviantart, renderosity, etc)

Cheers!

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

hi all..

Cheers
    Stefan

No, thank you, Stefan for making such wonderful stuff for the rest of us to use and for the generosity to offer up a contest where everyone gets a chance to show their stuff and possibly get something from your great inventory to do more art! Much appreciation from all of us! :coolsmile:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks Stefan for this contest!
    It was fun and inspiring to see all those pictures!
    (and to try myself)

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Thank you for a great opportunity and awesome products to work with Stonemason.

• DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Thanks Stonemason for the contest and the opportunity to push the creative limits of ones self through some friendly competition. I had a blast working on my piece and learned some new tecniques. Good luck all! Now to start picking my favorites for our portion of the Judging.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

This contest was a lot of fun! thanks!

• quickxoticaquickxotica Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi all..

Cheers
    Stefan

Thank you Stefan for the most fun contest and for your great sets. Good luck everyone!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    I guess the only thing I could've done differently was to wait longer before creating my images. Some of the later entries really raised the bar and perhaps that would've made me rethink my entries...but then again I am also very happy with them and glad to finally post them for all my friends and family to see in my personal gallery!

Thank you again to Stefan for offering such generous gifts and creating such a fun contest for everyone! I have enjoyed seeing so many amazing pieces and hope to connect with all of you in other forums (deviantart, renderosity, etc)

Cheers!

same here. i posted my first one early since there were quite a few already posting. Then as i saw the other entries and got some new ideas i started 4 other scenes and at the last minute went with something totally different since the later entries really were well done.

After the contest we should start a Stonemason render thread just for fun and for the winners to show off their new toys, LOL.

best of luck everyone!!!