complete insanity

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited March 2013 in Carrara Discussion

How can I export a model out as an obj and keep the pose and everything with it all I need now is a static model that I imported from daz into carrara (actually dragged and dropped it's 8.5)? I have tried but when imported into another program it is in its T pose which is not what I want. I'm probably missing something obvious.

I'm probably going to have to go to daz studio and do it that way and start my model over right.
Also exporting as fbx doesn't work because it scatters my model to the four corners, even importing it back into carrara does the same thing.

Post edited by Malus on

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Grimreaper :)

In the OBJ export panel options,. you should see,... "export with morphs and skinning"

what this does,. is export the model in it's current pose,.

This may,. or may not be what you want,. since this exported OBJ will not have any bones, rigging, or animation,.

it sounds like you've rigged the model in DS, and it won't transfer

I have tried but when imported into another program it is in its T pose which is not what I want.

If you've posed the figure in DS,. then you can save the Pose preset in DS (DUF),. you can save the scene as a DUF from 4.5 and it will transfer to C8.5 (including poses)

load the figure, select it,. then go to file / Import / and select your DUF pose preset,.
    or.
    Open Carrara,. go to file / Import, and select your DS4.5 scene in DUF format.

remember that some DS specific features will not transfer to Carrara,. and Vice-versa.

:)

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

Thanks that worked it didn't seem like it worked when I first did it, like I said it was something obvious.. Thanks a lot.