Happy Father's Day From DAZ3D - Take 2

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
edited June 2013 in The Commons

Repost since some can't see the other thread:

In Celebration of Fathers everywhere, DAZ is offering $2.00 off any DAZ Original Purchase of $5.00 or more.
Simply follow the directions below to add the coupon code FATH3RS-DAY-2012 during checkout.
Coupon Expires June 18, 2012

Excludes Resell Products, PA Products, and $1.99 Products.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Weird question...can everyone see all the announcements across the top of the forums and read those ok? There's been reports that this latest one people couldn't see and now I am worrying people possibly aren't seeing some of the others. If someone could maybe screenshot what they see under announcements here in the Commons that would be great :) Just to be sure.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2012

The problem I had was seeing the topic at the top under Announcements and then getting this error when I clicked on it:

Edit: And yes, I was logged in at the time.

Daz_site_error.jpg
    800 x 436 - 91K
    Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

We seem to be having a problem with the announcements atm. Not sure why.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I got the same error as Slimer... just not authorized to see the Father's Day Announcement... I could see all the others... my only question was... How did Daz find out I'm not a father??

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I can see all the other announcements; just not the Father's Day one. Thanks for the coupon...for me it could be the difference between taking advantage of the Genesis Summer Sale and passing on it. And yes, I'm a father...in fact I'm expecting to be a father all over again in a few days (hence the penny-pinching)!

edited December 1969

Ah, congratulations.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I got the same error as Slimer... just not authorized to see the Father's Day Announcement... I could see all the others... my only question was... How did Daz find out I'm not a father??

ROFL! Well I AM a father, so there IS a bug! :lol:
  • fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited June 2012

Like some of the others I got the "you are not authorized to view" and I was logged in also.

Post edited by fleetpp on
    edited December 1969

hmm kk I just wanted to be sure all the announcements weren't doing it....now I gotta wonder if I move this to site wide announcement if it is going to do the same thing or not :( GRRRR ::headdesk:: Think I will just leave it where it is...better safe then sorry. If you all could maybe point people to the thread so people know where it is and can see it I would really appreciate it!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

When will the coupon expire?

edited December 1969

Coupon Expires June 18, 2012.
    edited June 2012

It expires on Monday

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Coupon Expires June 18, 2012.

Sorry somehow i did not see that.

edited December 1969

I color coded the message now so it's easier to read the details more quickly :)

edited December 1969

I color coded the message now so it's easier to read the details more quickly :)

Thanks

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794
    edited December 1969

The problem I had was seeing the topic at the top under Announcements and then getting this error when I clicked on it:

Edit: And yes, I was logged in at the time.

ditto :coolhmm:

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

fleetpp said:
    Like some of the others I got the "you are not authorized to view" and I was logged in also.

Yep, I just got the same.

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited December 1969

I received the same message: Not authorized.

edited December 1969

yeah not sure whats up there so guess this will have to do as the alternative till I can have someone check into it on Monday :) Thanks for letting me know though. Was starting to worry maybe none of the site wide announcements could be read :(

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,306
    edited December 1969

Until now, I had only minor problems with the new shop. But after several futile attemps to log in today and put something in my cart (not to mention the coupon notification), I think whoever sold DAZ this shop software should be dragged to courts :coolgrin: Now I'm going to install my actual purchase and look if it's complete.

BTW: Installing DAZ products became soooo much better after I returned to Mac. On my old PC, I always had a pretty mess in my DAZ folders, and now: Pure happiness! But I think this is my 'speciality' as Windows and me are not really made for each other... :roll:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Question: will the coupon work if I put two DOs in my cart, that are more than 5 Dollars together?
    Posed for Victoria 5 $2.79
    and
    Tori for V5 $4.54

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

YH, same here, logged in but not able to see the announcement, all the other announcements are viewable.

just a quickie, is this a one time coupon or can we re-use it ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,697
    edited December 1969

We've solved, and I think fixed, the announcement issue - it was the same as the problem with the update post when the site was read-only, it hadn't been moved to a public aea before being made a forum-wide announcement so it still had the access restrictions of the private area. Not a bug, simply a slip.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

We've solved, and I think fixed, the announcement issue - it was the same as the problem with the update post when the site was read-only, it hadn't been moved to a public aea before being made a forum-wide announcement so it still had the access restrictions of the private area. Not a bug, simply a slip.

Not sure it's fixed - I get the "You are not authorized to view this forum" page when trying to view http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2203_4/ I have no such issue when going to the ther announcements listed in the Commons

edited December 1969

not fixed, sorry, i have logged out, cleared the cache and browsing history, closed and reopened the browser (chrome) logged back in and still not authorised to view. not a problem as such as the content has been reposted in thread in the commons :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,697
    edited June 2012

Ah, it was showing the forum I clicked from rather than the forum it was in - is it working now?

Talking to myself, yes - it worked when I used IE (where I wasn't logged in).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

confirmed, i can read the announcement now. :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

yep working now:roll:

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Thumbs up for this one :)

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the coupon - nice touch (even though I'm actually a mother....) :)

This discussion has been closed.