Hex doc manual videos

BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

When I try to watch the videos in the Hex doc pdf they can not be found. Is there an alternate site that I can visit to watch these videos?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There was a link to a download for them all at one time, there was never an online link to view them though. I will look around to see if I can find the link for you, but is is about 350 MB I think.

• BurpeeBurpee Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Thanks muchly, the size is not a problem. Ever since they shut down Artzone I seem to have problems accessing videos.

edited December 1969

It has taken me all this time to even find the videos on my PC, and I have no idea what the original file that I downloaded was called, I can't find it. There are about 260 MB of videos, and they play from the manual which was included as well.

As far as i can remember, it was from the DAZ site somewhere, and the link was posted in the Hex forum, but that was on the old site. If you hang on, someone may have a link to offer you, but if the tuts are all gone, that may be gone too.

Well, I just had a last look through my Favourites links, and I found this : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/hexagon/2/videos/start

It is not ideal, but it may help you out. Best wishes.

edited December 1969

Wow, I so appreciate your efforts for me, big thanks.

Way back on my old XP machine I was able to view these videos right in the PDF manual. Then I put Hexagon away for a long, long time and brought it out again recently. I am not able to view these videos anymore. On the site you just shared I get an error message when I try to view one. It says that Windows Media Player encountered an problem when trying to playthe file.

Possibly I do not have Quck Time installed on my W7. I don't play games like I used to; half of those would install Quck Time when loaded up. Perhaps I could browse for it. I really want to view all these vids because some manual explanations are lacking in info.

edited December 1969

Quick question about those videos on the link. I downloaded a few and used Aiseesoft Total Media Convertor with language set to English but when I play the videos it sounds French. When you click on one of those video links on the linked page do they speak in English or French for you?

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I just clicked on a random video and it downloaded a .mov file automatically - played it with VLC and it was in French:)

edited December 1969

I don't know why DAZ have French videos on their help pages?

The videos I downloaded when the link was made available, were in French and English, I just dumped the French ones. This is really strange.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Hex was originally French -Eovia - Daz has gone and linked the wrong videos. I also used to have the English ones - they had a really cute female French accented narrator

You really aren't missing much in not having those vids - cute, but that was about all:)

Far more informative to get hold of CGDreams' introductory vids..

edited December 1969

Also the ones by Gary Miller on GeekAtPlay are excellent as well. Well worth watching.

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

and, last but not least the Hexagon vids mixed in with the zbrush vids. By EZ http://blip.tv/ezbrush Incidently, the original vids gave you the choice of which language version you wanted to view. Academic now I realise, but confirm Roy's observation that she had a very cute accent. :)

Post edited by RedSquare on
    edited December 1969

Hey all, thanks. Love links to tutorials and vids. I've watched and rewatched about half of the Geekatplay ones and Gary does a fantastic job.

The videos in the manual were wanted because some of the explanations they give are lacking in real information. I think it's because you're suppose to watch the accompanying video. Some of the tools have no information about them anywhere on the net, like the Relax tool, and was hoping there was something I could glean from the manual.

The Relax tool will be unimportant anyway because I intend to buy a dedicated uv mapper. Think it was Roygee who suggested UU3D and I also was looking at UVmapperClassic. Still need to download and try each out.