Victoria 5 Elite Ponytail Hair for V4.2?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Could you use this for V4? I remember some products I've used for characters they weren't intended to work with and it worked pretty well. I love the look of that hair and I would really like to use it, I only have V4.2 though.

Comments

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

You didn't mention what software you intend to use it in. I use it in DS 4.5 and the auto fit works great with it.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited March 2013

Could you use this for V4? I remember some products I've used for characters they weren't intended to work with and it worked pretty well. I love the look of that hair and I would really like to use it, I only have V4.2 though.

No. You have t rig it by hand to work with V4... or, you could use V4 shapes for Genesis, GenX and have it work properly.

By your question, I see that you use Poser. If you had DAZ Studio (which is free) you'd have Genesis.

Post edited by wancow on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Yes, you can. Load it into the scene without conforming it to V4, and treat it just like any other prop hair.

You can get an even better fit in DS4 if you have Genesis and the V4 shape:
    Fit hair to Genesis.
    Dial in V4 shape.
    Delete Genesis.
    Dial the (hidden) V4 morph that has been added to the hair.
    Parent in place to V4's head.

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

As the others have stated it does work if you just parent it. I was mistaken when I said the auto fit works. It will still work well and looks good. I use it all the time, it is one of my favorite hairs to use.
    I attached a pic of the Standard V4.2 figure with the v5 hair. You can see some of the skin texture show through around the forehead but that is easy to fix with a better texture. I never use the texture that came with the figure anyway.

v5ptail.jpg
    528 x 490 - 65K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

It depends on what application that you're using. The Ponytail hair is triax so only programs that support the format can load it. So DS4 could load it and Poser 9/2012 with the DSON plugin. If you're trying to load it in DS3 or Poser versions less than 9, it wouldn't work.