upside down backdrops

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

What's the proper way to fix backdrops that import upside down in the vertex modeler room?

Also, this happens a lot when I import images as texture maps too. I usually mess with some of the settings or try inverting UV until something seems to work, but there's got to be a better way to do it.

Using Carrara Pro 7.2.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Agency51 said:
    What's the proper way to fix backdrops that import upside down in the vertex modeler room?

Also, this happens a lot when I import images as texture maps too. I usually mess with some of the settings or try inverting UV until something seems to work, but there's got to be a better way to do it.

Using Carrara Pro 7.2.

thanks in advance!

Within the BACKDROP image/map interface you should see some arrows next to the thumbnail that allow you to flip the image or rotate it 90° at a time.

I'm not sure how you load a reference image for the modeling room...

Screen_Shot_2013-03-13_at_11.40_.09_AM_.png
    110 x 137 - 6K
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • edited March 2013

Thanks, that's what I usually do to fix it, but was wondering if there was a way to avoid having to do that all together.

Any thoughts? Could it be that the jpg needs to be saved out in a specific way?

weird, I just shrunk the jpg in photoshop, and it imported fine. oh well, must just be a little glitch or something.

Post edited by chris.p_5a506bb20e on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh sorry. :red:

I'm not sure why they would import flipped. I don't think I've seen that behavior... Is there anything special about your jpgs? are they the kind that load in phases - I forget how it's called, but it's jpg's version of interlaced... That's the only think I can think that might make a jpg "special"....

• edited March 2013

right, right. maybe it's one of those things. Thanks again for your input!

Post edited by chris.p_5a506bb20e on