The Food Appreciation-thread

2»

Comments

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited June 2012

Being Greek myself I'd have to go with a Greek salad - fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, onion and feta cheese with a dressing of balsamic vinegar (or better yet vinegar and honey) and olive oil with a sprinkling of oregano and a few olives to top it off. Since I bake my own bread, a nice warm slice of sesame bread and an ice-cold Pilsner beer. The perfect lunch for a hot summer day :)

Greek-salad-Recipe(10).jpg
    650 x 500 - 116K
    Post edited by Kalypso on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i picked up ingredients to make me some Aussie Burgers, been so missing Australia, so I figured i'd at least make me some Aussie food since I can't be there

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sometimes there should be a 'Smell'o'transceiver' so people could partake in what other people smells.... :shut:

edited December 1969

i still need to get some tomatoes and some bacon. Now Aussie bacon is a bit different than American bacon... more like Canadian bacon, wondering if i should use that instead

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,795
    edited December 1969

i still need to get some tomatoes and some bacon. Now Aussie bacon is a bit different than American bacon... more like Canadian bacon, wondering if i should use that instead

don't forget the sliced beetroot!
    edited December 1969

yup, already have the sliced beetroot. can't forget that. also have pineapple rings and onions. Now the first Aussie burger i had also had alfalfa sprouts on it, but none of the Aussie burger recipes i find call for that, so i am thinking it was just that first place i went to that made them that way. It was not bad. Not sure if i will add them to mine or not

edited December 1969

Bit of an odd side note, i searched the forums to find this thread again. Entering Food, and Appreciation, and Food Appreciation came back with 0 results, but when I enter in meat pies this is the only thread that comes up lol

edited December 1969

The search function isn't edible, LX!! :lol:

edited December 1969

awww man, but Daz forums are so delicious

edited June 2012

In a thread, the discussion went sideways and ended up with discussions of potatoes going to war. Pretty funny, actually.

Edit. It was the thread about ranks here.... ---> http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2026/

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

awww man, but Daz forums are so delicious

Don't eat too many, I've heard a lot of people saying it gives them heartburn.

edited December 1969

omg made Aussie burgers today, absolutely awesome, have not had one of those in 12 years

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

aahh.. I thought I recalled a Food Appreciation Thread... Ever tried to roast pork belly? Found a nice one at the Asian store last week that was 4 pounds with ribs attached. Split it in half, applied a short salt/sugar cure and roasted her up.

It's bad for you but it's so full of porky deliciousness!

3_plated.JPG
    800 x 450 - 96K
    2_roasted.JPG
    800 x 450 - 154K
    1_split.JPG
    800 x 450 - 122K
    edited December 1969

Nom nom!!