Editing a .CR2 file

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

Does anyone know what the syntax is for position in a .CR2 file? I need to alter the centre (so it loads at my world centre instead of miles away)

It's part of Dream Home and as I will never need to build the whole house, I want to be able to load each room dead centre

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

why not just move the model to the center of the scene and save the file to a new Cr2? If you're not using Poser, but DS, you should have saved it to a DUF file anyway...

Rule of thumb for Cr2 files, if its something you're actually going to use, save to a DUF Support Asset first.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013

origin 0 0 0

will set the figure's rotation point to the center. But if the XYZ trans values arem#t at the zero default, you'd have to set them individually to zero.

mac

Post edited by maclean on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

There was a post in the old forums for a set of poses to return the Dream Home parts to the centre. Anyone still got a pointer to that?

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    why not just move the model to the center of the scene and save the file to a new Cr2? If you're not using Poser, but DS, you should have saved it to a DUF file anyway...

Rule of thumb for Cr2 files, if its something you're actually going to use, save to a DUF Support Asset first.

I know how to save a prop to .DUF, but how do I save to .CR2 ?

(will it overwrite the icon? Hope not)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Why not save as a scene preset? If you do export as CR2, use a different name and it won't delete the other file's thumbnail - which you can then copy and rename to use with the scene preset or new cr2.

edited December 1969

Why not save as a scene preset? If you do export as CR2, use a different name and it won't delete the other file's thumbnail - which you can then copy and rename to use with the scene preset or new cr2.

aha! it's "export" to .CR2 rather than "Sav as.." thanks. Didn't think of that

(another content library frustration is that all the Dream Home rooms are tucked away in

Poser formats > My Library > Figures !!

I think of a figure as a person, I'd never think to look there for it.

:(

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

If you're in DAZ Studio 4.xx, you really don't want to be dealing with any Poser files save when you import them. All poser formats ARE imports. You can save as/support asset/scene asset for any file that is not a simple prop or TriAx WM figure...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    If you're in DAZ Studio 4.xx, you really don't want to be dealing with any Poser files save when you import them. All poser formats ARE imports. You can save as/support asset/scene asset for any file that is not a simple prop or TriAx WM figure...

ah... that's a good idea. Then I could remove that annoying "Poser formats" level in my content library and store all assets exactly where I want them

(I only just discovered last week that you can store things apart from scenes...very cool. You can even store your own poses and stuff, which is great! Saves me having to pose stuff every time)