Opinions Please and a question

TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have alot of content installed the normal way is it worth the trouble to uninstall it and use the new content installer...What if any comments do you have on this does it make things easier???? Now for the question I purchased the Daz metal shaders because I thought I could turn my figures into different metals....is this possible???......Thanks in advance Trish

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I find it worthwhile. Do you have uninstallers for the items?

And yes, you can apply the metal shaders to figures.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

fixmypcmike; yes I looked and I found the uninstallers.....Is there a tutorial on using the shaders anywhere that you know of???....Thank you for the fast reply

edited December 1969

Select the figure and surfaces you want, then go to the folder with the shader presets and double-click.

edited December 1969

Thankyou....maybe one of these days I will get the hang of Studio...(duh) I am so used to Bryce ...Daz is over my head!!

edited December 1969

I'm just the reverse -- can't do the simplest thing in Bryce.

edited December 1969

I did manage this in Daz so you don't think I am totally dumb....Ha Ha Thanks for your help!!

girlrun.png
    456 x 491 - 131K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

SGCBearcub did a short tutorial in this thread : Total Newbie Tutorial: How to apply a Surface Shader in DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro
    It doesn't deal with any settings, but shows in detail how to apply shaders.

edited December 1969

BlackFeather1973; thanks for the link I will check it out