March Madness - the rules of the game

Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,192
edited May 2013 in The Commons

Since there seems to be a certain amount of confusion over how the savings work Britney has gone over the way they work with me and I'm going to try explaining things here.

There are five groups of items on the March Madness page:

New Releases - items that are (mostly) newly released on the day, plus occasionally a re-release of an item that was previously available for a limited time.
Featured items - individual items, some previous days' new items and some items from further back
Category/Artist Sales - entire sections of the store
Don't Miss the Madness - a link that brings up all of the items from the previous three sections
More Madness - items that, if one or more has been purchased, earn an extra 10% discount

Adding any single item from the first four groups to your cart will get a 30% discount on the base price ($1.99 and $2.99 items excepted, for Platinum Club members). In fact, as far as March Madness discounts are concerned the first three groups are all the same - which is why there's a single link for all in the fourth group.
Adding any two, or more, items from the first four groups to your cart will get a 50% discount on the base price ($1.99 and $2.99 items excepted, for Platinum Club members).
AND
Adding an item from the last group to your cart, or having purchased an item from that group previously, will apply a further, separate, 10% discount to the discounted prices of items from the first four groups - but only one extra 10% discount will apply, no matter how many items from the last group you buy.
AND
If you are a Platinum Club member then you will get a further, separate, 30% discount on the discounted price of any item with DAZ 3D as the vendor, after all other discounts.
The 50% and additional 10% discounts will be shown on the confirmation page and in the full page cart view, but not in the pop-up cart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, to work out your price if you want to check:
Step 1
For a single item base price *.7 gives you the price that appears on the store page for non-DAZ items, and for non-PC members.

For two or more items base price*.5 gives you the price if there are two items from the first four groups in your cart. This will not show in the pop-up cart, only in the full page cart or the final order summary.

Step 2
If you are a PC member and one or more items list DAZ3D as the vendor take the item's price from step 1*.7.

Step 3
Take the price after step 2 and multiply by .9 if you have bought any items from the fifth group, More Madness. This will not show in the pop-up cart, only in the full page cart and the final order summary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if we have:
New releases:
Imperial Torture Bot, from Stonemason - $49.95 base price
Featured items:
Unflateable Pony For Genesis, from DAZ 3d - $9.95 base price
Zombie Spuggles, from RawArt - base price $29.95
Stores and categories:
Victoria 1 category

You place Imperial Torture Bot in your cart and you haven't bought any of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.7 = $34.96
Step 2 no change as it isn't a DAZ item
Step 3 no change
Final price $34.96

You place Imperial Torture Bot in your cart and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.7 = $34.96
Step 2 no change as it isn't a DAZ item
Step 3 $34.96*.9 = $31.46
Final price $31.46

You place Imperial Torture Bot and Zombie Spuggles in your cart (have you considered consulting a psychiatrist?) and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items:
Step 1 $49.95*.5 + $29.95*.5 = $35.95
Step 2 no change as neither is a DAZ item
Step 3 $35.95*.9 = $35.95
Final price $35.95

You place Imperial Torture Bot and Unflateable Pony For Genesis in your cart and you have bought Garibaldi Express, one of the More Madness items, and you are a PC member:
Step 1 ($49.95*.5 = $24.97) + ($9.95*.5 = $4.97) = $29.95
Step 2 4.97*.7 = $3.48, plus $24.97 = $28.45
Step 3 $28.45*.9 = $25.61
Final price $25.61

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited March 2013

Yes, there is confusion over the MM discounts — and a lot of it is because of things that are broken and not properly applying the discounts. E.g. the Platea bundle from 2nd March, this was not applying the full two-items-in-cart discount, although the other MM-eligible item in my cart did have the full discounts showing. The individual parts of the Platea bundle were discounting properly, not the bundle itself.

There were a lot of confused and annoyed people discussing this on (I think) the MM thread a few days ago, so it's not just me.

I just got a reply to my support ticket from 2nd March that made no sense and closed it as "deemed solved", which it very definitely was not. Do the people answering tickets know there are these broken items not discounting properly?

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Just an FYI, I actually went and looked for the Imperial Torture Bot.:red:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can not find the Unflateable Pony For Genesis either. ;-P

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Ridiculously complicated really.
    Just give us the 50%!

You know you want to. :P

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the helpful post. I admit you lost me, but that was too funny!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited March 2013

We need to start a petition for Stonemason to make the Imperial Torture Bot, and for RawArt to make Zombie Spuggles.

Alas, the Unflateable Pony doesn't suit my needs. But others can carry the torch for that one. :)

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Well done, Richard, and thank you Britney.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited March 2013

...made the first purchase of the sale tonight.

Picked up Marieah/Sickleyield's Flower Power and Mattymanx's My Best Friend pose set.

Final price was 16.16 which is 55% off (50% for 2 MM items and the additional 10% for Aiko5)

Of course I'm waiting rather impatiently for Zombie Spuggles, from RawArt.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, she says, and backs cautiously away from the DAZ store. One cannot trust a maddened beast not to suddenly attack.

Nor should one tempt said beast by tossing money at it.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969
    keep_calm.jpg
    500 x 704 - 136K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited March 2013

Zombie Spuggles! Now I want Zombie Spuggles! AND Imperial Torture Bot!
    ROTFL - and thank you!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

We need to start a petition for Stonemason to make the Imperial Torture Bot, and for RawArt to make Zombie Spuggles.

Alas, the Unflateable Pony doesn't suit my needs. But others can carry the torch for that one. :)

And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony?

Now they tease us with Zombie Spuggles and the Imperial Torture Bot, and hint that they'll be coming 'SOON'. Well, we all know what that means.

So what are they going to promise us next? Texture add-ons for the Millenium Cow? Aiko's Home Trepanation Kit? The Mix'n'Match Cutie Teen Fashion Pak for Tyrannosaurus Rex by Dinoraul? RawArt's Perfectly Normal-Looking Guy Who Isn't Sinister or Freakish At All? The Ultimate Skimpwear Collection? Stonemason's new Everything You've Ever Heard Of In Ruins Mega-Pack? The Temple of Nudity Ready-to-Render Bundle (with Bonus Sword)?

Guys, guys, DAZ are just going to keep promising you this stuff that they're never ever going to release. They're just toying with us.

I'm fed up of this. Like the man said, we won't get fooled again. I'm going to cancel my PC membership.

But not until they release the Unflateable Pony.

And the Imperial Torture Bot.

And Zombie Spuggles.

So there.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

I've run out of fingers and toes to count on.

This really is too complicated, and it sure isn't "fun," like March Madness used to be. Most of the threads I've seen of March Madness break down into longwinded discussions of how the prices break down, where they used to be (back in the Olden Days) more like "OMG, what are they gonna do next?"

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited March 2013

Yes, there is confusion over the MM discounts — and a lot of it is because of things that are broken and not properly applying the discounts. E.g. the Platea bundle from 2nd March, this was not applying the full two-items-in-cart discount, although the other MM-eligible item in my cart did have the full discounts showing. The individual parts of the Platea bundle were discounting properly, not the bundle itself.

There were a lot of confused and annoyed people discussing this on (I think) the MM thread a few days ago, so it's not just me.

I just got a reply to my support ticket from 2nd March that made no sense and closed it as "deemed solved", which it very definitely was not. Do the people answering tickets know there are these broken items not discounting properly?

Yes, the same happened to me with my support ticket yesterday. A nonsense reply and ticket deemed solved. I complained that I only got 30% discount and not the advertised 50% discount on 4 items bought on March 2nd and Britney replied in a manner as if I wanted a 50% discount from the already discounted 30% price (which I did not), told me that the discount I received was correct and even went to explain that the 50% is meant to be off the base price. But I understood it just fine before, I was asking for a 50% discount off the base price.

I paid 70% of the base price for items that were featured as March Maddness items for that day, I don´t understand how that can be considered as receiving correct discount. They were 4 (= more than 2, last time I checked), they were all in cart at the same time, they were from stores that were part of March Maddness sale that day - so I should have received a 50% discount (=pay half of the base price), not just 30% discount.

It seemed as if Britney only read the title of my ticket, immediately classified it as "another one who counted the discount in a wrong way and now unjustly complains" and did not read any further to determine whether my request is justified or not... :-S

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

angusm said:

And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony?

But, but, but - we DID get the Unflateable Pony.
    I've got it in my orders file ... 04/01/2011, yes, unflateable Pony.
    Maybe they will release it again for 04/01/2013?

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    angusm said:
    ...And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony? ...

We need Unflateable Pony for the MilHorse2! And a DAZStudio autofit clone so we can use the original Unflateable Pony's tack on the new one! >:(

Richard, thanks for the info.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    angusm said:
    ...And how long have DAZ been promising us the Unflateable Pony? ...

We need Unflateable Pony for the MilHorse2! And a DAZStudio autofit clone so we can use the original Unflateable Pony's tack on the new one! >:(

Richard, thanks for the info.First off UnFlateable Pony 1 is Gen4 only (got it too), and the Post promises the UnFlateable Pony for Genesis!! But your correct, we also need it Updated to the MilHorse2 as well.

Snap to Daz PA's there is work to be done.

• FuselingFuseling Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

I definitely want Zombie Spuggles. I expect it will be an anime zombie - wolf (which is not the same as a were wolf) character for genesis complete with different eye colors and makeups, Look At My Hair presets, full outfit, and poses. And a punk version to give the hair pink tips and also black eyeliner.

I am not so sure about the Unflateable Torture Bot.

edited December 1969

It seemed as if Britney only read the title of my ticket, immediately classified it as "another one who counted the discount in a wrong way and now unjustly complains" and did not read any further to determine whether my request is justified or not... :-S

And I've just replied on my support ticket, trying not to be too annoyed, because she's just told me the Platea bundle was not eligible to count towards the buy-two-get-50%-discount offer.

This is getting way beyond ridiculous.

A show of hands please, who saw all three Platea products plus the bundle in the top category on the MM sale page on 2nd March? And did anyone get a MM newsletter for the 2nd? I have all the others so far, but not that one.

Also, did anyone get the Platea bundle with the proper 50% discount?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited March 2013

I can confirm that Platea: Epic Bundle is one of the "TODAY'S NEW RELEASES" advertised in the "Day 2" email that I received on March 2.

Edit: And this should be sufficient proof for anyone.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Well, I got that warning sign...

ZombieSpruggle_Res.jpg
    685 x 800 - 65K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

And I've just replied on my support ticket, trying not to be too annoyed, because she's just told me the Platea bundle was not eligible to count towards the buy-two-get-50%-discount offer.

This is getting way beyond ridiculous.

A show of hands please, who saw all three Platea products plus the bundle in the top category on the MM sale page on 2nd March? And did anyone get a MM newsletter for the 2nd? I have all the others so far, but not that one.

I can confirm that Platea: Epic Bundle is one of the "TODAY'S NEW RELEASES" advertised in the "Day 2" email that I received on March 2.

Edit: And this should be sufficient proof for anyone.
    Looks like our beloved Brittany is getting seriously overworked. :-S

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited March 2013

Just wanted to say that some of us had our 30% intro off cut accidentally, so if anyone missed that, they're back on sale.

This includes pretty much everything from the first few days of MM.

PS: Zombie Spuggles totally has my vote.... someone so needs to do that

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,192
    edited December 1969

I suspect that the Platea bundle may be a problem as it is now one of the items that get's you an extra 10%, along with the A5 Pro Bundle and Garibaldi Express. All I can suggest is adding a polite note pointing out that on its first release it was in the New Releases list, not the More Madness list.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...still waiting for Daz to release the Cube2 for Genesis Pro Bundle which includes the Cube Evolution Morphs and Muscleman's Cube Action Poses,

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...still waiting for Daz to release the Cube2 for Genesis Pro Bundle which includes the Cube Evolution Morphs and Muscleman's Cube Action Poses,

I really want the CuBikini and Pure Hair: Blockhead

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Just give us the 50%!

RIGHT!

This complicated scheme is too much.
    PLUS, Having to buy 2 items has cost you a LOT of sales.
    I have barely spent any money because sometimes I only wanted ONE item and didn't want anything else.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I tried buying Platea bundle, but it wouldn't give me the proper 50% discount, so because of that Jack T. lost a sale.
    Anyone interested in getting that great Platea bundle can pick it up today, as Jack Tomalin's store is on sale today.
    I can find a bunch of stuff I want from Jack, but now I'm broke, so...
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Ippotamus said:
    Just give us the 50%!

RIGHT!

This complicated scheme is too much.
    PLUS, Having to buy 2 items has cost you a LOT of sales.
    I have barely spent any money because sometimes I only wanted ONE item and didn't want anything else.

Same here.

edited December 1969

I suspect that the Platea bundle may be a problem as it is now one of the items that get's you an extra 10%, along with the A5 Pro Bundle and Garibaldi Express.

But it wasn't in the extra-10%-items list on 2nd March, when we bought it. Can anyone remember when it was added? This section seems to have been dropped from the newsletters after the 2nd.

Aaand the shopping cart can't count again. The three items in today's top category are being overcharged. First the list prices:

Tholopolim $34.95
    Haley $14.95
    Hayden $11.95

I'm a PC member, so the kids are 30% cheaper as DAZ Originals:

Tholopolim $34.95
    Haley $10.47
    Hayden $8.37

Total $53.79

50% discount for buying more than one of them: $26.90

10% extra off for buying Aiko5: $24.21

So why does my cart give a subtotal of $40.80, discount of $14.57 and total of $26.23 ?

Tell me again why we shouldn't consider the DAZ online store broken?