Lora for V5 and Young Teens - Now Available!! [commercial]

ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,426
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Presenting Lora - a seductive, powerful woman that can tap into her natural youth and beauty with the greatest of ease.

Lora brings a stunning variety of body shapes and age inspired morphs to all of your renders. She features 8 custom head morphs, sculpted in zbrush, and 5 body morphs. Each crafted to celebrate the blossoming young teen, as well as the fuller figured adult woman.

Also included is a large selection of adult and teen makeups, just to add a bit more fun!

Lora also comes with bald or hair textured heads, and two sets of DAZ Studio materials: Base materials and HSS shaders for human skin tones. Lora also comes with full DSON support and Poser 9/2012 SSS support.

Now at 30% off for March Madness!

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/lora-for-v5-and-young-teens

Enjoy!

Anna, Terry & Jonathan.

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

She only needed about a second to jump into my cart, looks great. :)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Very impressive!

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Thank you. We are happy you like her. She uses the V4 UVs, so you can use her DSON material files for the normal V4 in Poser. (I have tested it myself, and they do work).

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,747
    edited December 1969

Yes, I like her very much.
    Below is the DS 4.5 Pro render of V5 Lora with the Tina Turnover hair preset from
    http://www.furrythings.com/presets/
    applied via the free LAMH player
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17802/

V5Lora05pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 461K
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Below is the DS 4.5 Pro render of V5 Lora with the Tina Turnover hair preset from

TY for sharing your vibrant render. We are pleased you like the product. :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

She is amazing! great quality for an awesome price. Thanks, in my cart she goes :)

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    She is amazing! great quality for an awesome price. Thanks, in my cart she goes :)

Thank You for your kind words. We're thrilled you are enjoying the product. :)

• Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

She's looks lovely. Was your store included in the March Madness, have i missed your store day?

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

A very different look. I like it very much.

edited December 1969

She's looks lovely. Was your store included in the March Madness, have i missed your store day?

DAZ are doing MM different this year. So we don't have a store sale on our featured item day. It'll happen later, if at all. Even vendors don't know what is happening. DAZ are really mixing it up this year.

• Drew ZantiDrew Zanti Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ are doing MM different this year. So we don't have a store sale on our featured item day. It'll happen later, if at all. Even vendors don't know what is happening. DAZ are really mixing it up this year.

thank you for the info, I'll still buy your items even if daz don't have your store in MM sale, your boys are calling me lol

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

your boys are calling me lol

Well we have some nice stuff coming up :)

Anyway, here's another render I did of Lora....

DragonLora02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 849K
    edited December 1969

A test WIP using Lora's textures (yeah, you may want to buy Lora so you can use it with these morphs... I haven't shown you the good ones.)

head_09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 593K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited December 1969

I picked up Lora that first day. She's going to be an interesting character to work with. I wanted to do something period-ish, and this is part of what resulted. She's 50% Lora, 50% Yelena for the head, with the body being mostly Lora with a touch of Gabriella. (For some reason, she looks like she could be Gabriella's daughter, especially in that first promo image. It's the attitude as much as anything, I think.)

lora-07-uberhq3-linearpointdeepshadowmap.png
    1301 x 872 - 2M
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

That's really nice! With the expression she has, she reminds me of a young Vicki Lawrence.

edited December 1969

Very nice! I'm pleased you are all enjoying our Lora so much. It's a pleasure to see her being used in renders. It makes this all worth while. :)

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited March 2013

I'm finding that any Head On pose from 03 Morphs\01 Head folder is actually injecting or removing the whole morph, not just a head. Anybody else have the same situation?

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I'm finding that any Head On pose from 03 Morphs\01 Head folder is actually injecting or removing the whole morph, not just a head. Anybody else have the same situation?

That's by design as it's adding or removing the preset character from the base genesis. If you need to mix heads, you would do that from the shaping tab or parameter tab. All of Lora's morphs are Prefixed with LOR_, so you can find all of her head and body morphs.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,747
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Artini said:

That's really nice! With the expression she has, she reminds me of a young Vicki Lawrence.
    Thanks a lot, riftwitch. I've just looked at the images of Vicki Lawrence and there is some similarity, indeed.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited March 2013

I cannot see Male-M3dia answer. Can another creator of Lora explain the issue?

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited March 2013

Kattey said:

Um, I did all the morphs and set up.

It's not an issue and is standard across our products. Because there are multiple morphs included in the package and working with QA, it's much cleaner to use the preset to set each head morph and remove all of them through the presets by removing all of the shape info. If you are combining heads or bodies, you would manually set them through the shaping or parameters tabs.

Since the products includes both young teen and V5 morphs, removing the head morph, removes the shape as well... otherwise you would end up with V5 morphs mixed with young teen morphs, which would be a real issue and that would fail QA.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I understand the issue even if it's flown over someone else's head. :lol:

Here you go: "That’s by design as it’s adding or removing the preset character from the base genesis. If you need to mix heads, you would do that from the shaping tab or parameter tab. All of Lora’s morphs are Prefixed with LOR_, so you can find all of her head and body morphs."

I confess that doesn't make sense to me though, how come applying a head is applying a body shape? Is it only applying the V5 or teens body? That would make sense; if it's applying additional shaping morphs I can see that being a little silly and contrary to typical design parameters though.

Still, you should be able to dial in the head presets on their own from the shaping tab. That's one of the great things about Genesis, custom morphs don't need their own injection poses any longer unless they're mixed with other morphs. I could see doing away with them entirely if it wasn't likely to cause confusion - plus it's still an easy way to get a simple preset look.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I understand the issue even if it's flown over someone else's head. :lol:

Here you go: "That’s by design as it’s adding or removing the preset character from the base genesis. If you need to mix heads, you would do that from the shaping tab or parameter tab. All of Lora’s morphs are Prefixed with LOR_, so you can find all of her head and body morphs."

I confess that doesn't make sense to me though, how come applying a head is applying a body shape? Is it only applying the V5 or teens body? That would make sense; if it's applying additional shaping morphs I can see that being a little silly and contrary to typical design parameters though.

Still, you should be able to dial in the head presets on their own from the shaping tab. That's one of the great things about Genesis, custom morphs don't need their own injection poses any longer unless they're mixed with other morphs. I could see doing away with them entirely if it wasn't likely to cause confusion - plus it's still an easy way to get a simple preset look.

The head preset for a young teen sets the young teen figure to Genesis as clearing it removes it. It makes sense when you have to juggle all the heads and bodies and you have to make sure that presets are doing the correct thing. Presets are just that, presets... if you want to mix or apply percentage, then you would manually do that through shaping or parameters tabs.

So it's not an issue, just a different way of handling presets when you have a product spanning multiple figures and shapes.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    riftwitch said:
    Artini said:

Thanks a lot, riftwitch. I've just looked at the images of Vicki Lawrence and there is some similarity, indeed.

I'm sure the expression has a lot to do with it. I have Lora, and I never noticed it until I saw your render. Maybe, with the right hair and Zev0's aging morphs, I could use Lora to do a render of Mother Harper (from Mama's Family). Not that it's something I ever aspired to do, but now that it's on my mind...;-)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

The head preset for a young teen sets the young teen figure to Genesis as clearing it removes it. It makes sense when you have to juggle all the heads and bodies and you have to make sure that presets are doing the correct thing. Presets are just that, presets... if you want to mix or apply percentage, then you would manually do that through shaping or parameters tabs.

So it's not an issue, just a different way of handling presets when you have a product spanning multiple figures and shapes.

That makes perfect sense to me to set it up that way. As far as the body goes, do young teen head presets only set the young teen shape, or do they set other modifying shapes along with it? Same question regarding the V5 presets as this will determine whether they can be used to quickly set Lora's head with other V5/teens character bodies.

To try to put matters straight, I don't even care what way you set it up. It's not as if this is a matter of principle. You could have included anything you wanted down to a suite of exploding geometry presets; it's your product. It's down to the creator to do what they think is best. I just need to know which case is true before I consider dropping money on this.