Just wondering...

MegaPMegaP Posts: 178
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi Daz community,
I'm working on a female Genesis figure and would like to add a M4 piece of clothing.
It's not merging into the scene at all..no double click ..nothing.
I also can't load the clothing into a new scene
I know you can load other items such as V4,Aiko etc and I thought this would be the case..
I'm guessing not on this one?
If I had M4 I could dress him,save,then remove him,merge Genesis but alas I don't have him yet.
Thanks

Comments

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

are you sure you are trying to add the clothing item and not clicking on a texture for that item?
    What it the M4 clothing you are trying to load? A screenshot would help to narrow down the problem.

• MegaPMegaP Posts: 178
    edited March 2013

Thanks BW,
    No its not the "material" sadly..
    I'll screenshot now
    Ok,thought i'd better remove my "saucy" character.
    As you can see the clothing came with no materials..just as is

m4.JPG
    1536 x 864 - 162K
    Post edited by MegaP on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like M4 Cheyenne, is that it?

Most of the items are CR2 files, and these ones you are trying to laod are just material presets for DAZ Studio. You will need to look in Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, to find the actual models to load. Then you can apply the DS materials that you have found.

edited March 2013

Hey Jimmy,
    That's correct,it's M4 Cheyenne.
    Thank you..I'll give that a shot and see how it go's
    Lately I've been spoilt or just plain lucky...clothes and textures have been close to each other

Post edited by MegaP on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

All models prior to Genesis were in Poser Format, and that is where you will need to look for them.

Genesis and it's morphs and clothing are the only figures you will find in DAZ Studio Content. Where there ia a Poser Format file to load the item, there will often be a DAZ Studio Format texture file as well. Some of them are combined, and you will see the DS materials in the Poser Pose folder as well, with a little scroll icon in the top left corner of the main icon.

edited December 1969

Makes sense..
    Now I know why hunting around for different items is often a hassle and a welcome surprise when you've forgotton about something