Aradior Point ( Some Missing Textures )

SummonerSummoner Posts: 36
edited March 2013 in The Commons

Ok I will try to express my self in a Nice way since it seems that my threads don't Last Long

first of all thank you to the creator of Serpent Goddess for the Prompt Fix of the rather small Issue
could not express my gratitude as the thread got closed pretty fast

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/18128/

Realizing that support in Commons seem to work faster then the common support and things are getting fixed rather
in a prompt way , probably was overseen in the previous thread, concerning an Issue on the
Aradior Point Product, witch also has some Textures missing!

the issue has been reported 5 day's ago and no response have been submitted I will now ask !!
could someone Pretty Please take care of the Issue

!!! The following files contained references to external files that were not found. !!!

Runtime\Libraries\Character\P3DA_AradiorPoint\AradiorPoint.cr2
- P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_S.jpg
- P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_D.jpg

@ the Moderator
Please don't close the thread again this fast well until the Issue is resolved
would be appreciated !!

the Costumer would be Pleased to have a working Product to be able to use it without any
Messages in Poser of missing textures . and not having to wait another week or so.
and I guess other Costumers would also be very pleased :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please file a support ticket with Zendesk. The forum is not the correct channel to use for Customer Support issues.

• SummonerSummoner Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Please file a support ticket with Zendesk. The forum is not the correct channel to use for Customer Support issues.

this is the Issue the Support ticket has been placed 5 day's ago !! In some cases Costumers had to wait 14 Day's for a reaction
    but I think I mentioned it already :) but thank you to make me aware

edited December 1969

the issue is rather this you send a support ticket wait 1 - 2 weeks until you might get an answer
    Support team will note fie the Creator another 2 day's then Perhaps another week until the creator has fixed the file.
    I still try to communicate in a reasonable way , and I don't think that forums are here only to communicate how beautiful
    and how good things work if they don't .
    it is not very useful to hide Issues as we all learn from our Mistakes , but if we cant confront them we do not learn how it
    could be done in a better way.
    In such situations it sometimes would be appropriate to say we take care of the problem, not sending the one who tries to find
    solutions from one Office to another.
    I for example don't like Government offices as it is there Tactic to confuse People by chasing them all over the Place, make it seem
    that the one who has a request is always wrong.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

The creator will find out about the issue whether it's raised in a ticket, a bug report or a forum post. With issues with which others can help posting in the forums can be a quicker way to get a resolution than a ticket or a bug report, simply because there are more eyes available to read and more fingers to type, but if there are files actually missing (rather than in the wrong place) then it's likely to come down to one of the other techniques, unless the PA happens to be active on the forums.

edited March 2013

The creator will find out about the issue whether it's raised in a ticket, a bug report or a forum post. With issues with which others can help posting in the forums can be a quicker way to get a resolution than a ticket or a bug report, simply because there are more eyes available to read and more fingers to type, but if there are files actually missing (rather than in the wrong place) then it's likely to come down to one of the other techniques, unless the PA happens to be active on the forums.

well if my Tv is broken then I bring it to the warranty in a store if it has passed 10 day's then it will take 1 week to get fixed and there is allot more trouble to it then just add 2 textures to a pack .
    If it is a series that all are not working the replacement works almost right away in many cases you even get an announcement in your Mailbox to all costumers, witch would be the case if a product has a malfunction .
    In this case we can only Blame the Support Team that does not seem to take the issue seriously. It is just a matter of Organization.
    Naturally I understand that it stays this way if it can be avoided to get better , and as long as the masses don't start to say not with me.

Actually if it would be a rare issue then it could be overseen , but it seems to me that support is overwhelmed with problems if it takes that long, if the case then the issues with products are greater then we can Imagine, witch I assume is not the case

but now we see how much work it can be for a customer just to get a little fix after a purchase.

Post edited by Summoner on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:

well if my Tv is broken then I bring it to the warranty in a store if it has passed 10 day's then it will take 1 week to get fixed and there is allot more trouble to it then just add 2 textures to a pack .
    If it is a series that all are not working the replacement works almost right away in many cases you even get an announcement in your Mailbox to all costumers, witch would be the case if a product has a malfunction .
    In this case we can only Blame the Support Team that does not seem to take the issue seriously. It is just a matter of Organization.
    Naturally I understand that it stays this way if it can be avoided to get better , and as long as the masses don't start to say not with me.

Actually if it would be a rare issue then it could be overseen , but it seems to me that support is overwhelmed with problems if it takes that long, if the case then the issues with products are greater then we can Imagine, witch I assume is not the case

but now we see how much work it can be for a costumer just to get a little fix after a purchase.

Just a note. The word you mean is "customer," not "costumer". They mean entirely different things.

edited March 2013

Ok I fixed the Little spelling mistake :)
    guess I do more as English is not my native language , but as long as it can be understood all is fine
    My secretary is out of the House .....

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:
    Ok I fixed the Little spelling mistake :)
    guess I do more as English is not my native language , but as long as it can be understood all is fine
    My secretary is out of the House .....

No worries. Some of us native English speakers don't spell very well either. :-)

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

Hades 65 said:

Realizing that support in Commons seem to work faster then the common support and things are getting fixed rather
    in a prompt way , probably was overseen in the previous thread, concerning an Issue on the
    Aradior Point Product, witch also has some Textures missing!

the issue has been reported 5 day's ago and no response have been submitted I will now ask !!
    could someone Pretty Please take care of the Issue

!!! The following files contained references to external files that were not found. !!!

Runtime\Libraries\Character\P3DA_AradiorPoint\AradiorPoint.cr2
    - P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_S.jpg
    - P3DA_TX_GroutlessWall02_D.jpg

@ the Moderator
    Please don't close the thread again this fast well until the Issue is resolved
    would be appreciated !!

I thought I would reply and explain a couple things in regards to this. :)

The thread in that case was locked as the issue was resolved by the PA very early on and some arguing etc was starting to unfold in general (unrelated to the PA or product in question). That said, in the case of Serpent Goddess, it was fixed quickly as the PA was lucky and saw the thread by coincidence. In many cases though the merchant in question will never see the thread and thus a fix would not ever come. If the question is one of "I can't seem to get this to work" then posting in the forums is a very quick way to get help with that without having to put in a ticket. When it is a matter of "this is broken" or "something is missing" or "I'm getting an error" the fastest way to get it resolved will usually be to put in a support ticket or attempt to PM the merchant that created the product directly.

That said, DAZ3D actually provides the support for all products sold on the site so there are some PAs that don't visit the forums at all and so may never get a PM either. Now in the case of IgnisSerpentus and some others, they are quite often around and active so getting in touch with them directly by PM is a quick solution (sadly it's a toss up as to whether they will find or see a thread so PM is the best way to ensure they know and also have direct access to the person experiencing the issue in case they need more information to troubleshoot it) but in other cases a support ticket would be faster since it is DAZ3D that ultimately has to create the final official fix files (or rather the final zip or installer) and one way or another does need to be contacted to do the final fix whether the customer contacts DAZ3D via Support or whether the PA does after a customer contacts them via PM. The process and wait is often the same either way.

I thought I would take the time to try to full explain why just so people have all the information necessary to make the best decision on what way to go.

In the case of the product you are now mentioning, I would either PM the merchant or put in the support ticket as I am not sure that the PA in question will see this thread and so the issue may go unfixed because of that. The DAZ3D forums are not browsed by customer service or support so they would not see this either. They spend the entirety of their day doing tickets entered through support in the order they get them and so browsing the forums would take away from their time to then deal with the actual tickets.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me aanderson @ daz3d.com (take the spaces out from around the @) :)

edited December 1969

Thank you for the Explonation :)
    So I guess the way I understand it , Allot are Baking the Cake here.
    I received an E-mail from the Customer that the Product is being Fixed the Next Day's , and I guess she is happy now .
    Unfortunately the little mistakes Increased in Products lately , not that it Concerns DaZ Products but Globally,
    Resulting that Some Artists try to load a Product, if it fails they give up on them , allot of things are fixed in Artist communities.
    Trying to find Solutions to Improve a Product, if the Artist is not satisfied with it., witch is the case here causing some disappointments
    and Miss-understandings.
    Glad that the Problem is taken care of to satisfy the Customers
    Thank you

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

Well packs are tested (usually more then once - or should be) so each PA should test on their own with their own testers (I have a group of about 8 people that test for us PA wise for instance) and then once done with your own testing, then DAZ3D's testers also test it. Even being tested by tons of people though, given the complexity of some sets, things can still get missed or overlooked or in some cases get caught and fixed but then confusion happens and the old files make it in the final rather then the fixed ones.

Given a single pack can have somewhere around 50+ textures. sometimes multiple models, in some cases lights and cameras and mats for both Poser and DS etc you are talking about having sometimes up to 300+ files to test (in some cases it can go to 600 or so) and so it can be easy to miss one bad path or one smaller mistake. Not an excuse, more a further explanation on how it happens. Usually both DAZ3D and the PAs here are very quick about fixing something broken and in some cases even adding in additional functions or features a customer wanted but wasn't initially part of the pack if a customer asks and the PA feels it would be good to add. All in all most issues get resolved fairly quickly as long as you go through the right channels. Please feel free to link people to my explanation above for anyone not sure when to use what option :)

Glad to hear the issue was all fixed :)

edited December 1969

this is Our Work in Progress to change a little the Theme and make it more comfortable :)
    the New Brand
    thanks again for the Support.

KpL5PGe.jpg
    727 x 732 - 169K
    mpn3yWV.jpg
    191 x 693 - 74K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I believe Coca Cola has trademark that font, and I know they have that bottle shape trademarked. If this a product you have bought try getting a refund. If a freebie don't use it.

edited March 2013

This is the expected reaction, before you Place an Opinion about Trademarks you should Ask what is it for, and Might Consider that it could be a Project for Cola Not right-away assume to take it Down .,
    I will explain you something:
    you Can at free will create a drawing a graphic With that Bottle , as Long as it is not the Purpose to create a tenable Bottle with the Font on the Etiquette and sell your Own Drink in it, you Have to differ between Tenable Products and Design.
    the Design, has the purpose of Visual communication such as Fantasy and or to Publish a tenable Product but is not considered as Tenable.
    Then in the Above Case it has been mentioned that it is A Project , the Project consists naturally as it is Visually seen to Publish an Article that clearly relay's on Coke Marketing Ideas .
    We are not in a Position to find excuses Like most Artists and sure can stand for what we do.
    is it to recreate a Graphical Product in the graphical market , as an extreme sample ... Using the ears of Mikey mouse and make your own business with it then you sure have to consider to get in trouble with Disney as it concerns Graphics Design.
    It shows that Some people are Loosing the scene of reality and already declare Graphical Design as Tenable.
    think about it !!
    In this Case it is absolutely not necessary to remove delete or claim to any a refund for the Graphical Design!!
    Ohh and you forgot to Mention Sony :)

Another expected Reaction would of been Woow it Looks Cool , and Yes it is a Cool drink when on Ice ... its a Coke
    Next the Idea of the Image the Project the Design that might be Protected you can make your own but not a Toxic Cola
    then I was first :)

the Render Has been Made in Poser 2012 / 4 sec / Skinning of the Prop is based on Toon shades to express the outer Lines
    using any Light settings , preventing to loose the Bottle details in reflections. Liquid is Reflective Mirroring.

This discussion has been closed.