how to render with transparent background

GuptatsgGuptatsg Posts: 51

is there any procedure to achieve transparent background while rendering,
which format should I save, JPEG or TIFF or any other format.
( After rendering, i want to use the rendered image in Photo shop for background effects)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

PNG and TIFF will give you transparency or an alpha channel, for areas that don't have any geometry.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

this should help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8207/#108606

all I will add the above link only works with no background plane or prop in the scene that covers the entrie background

• GuptatsgGuptatsg Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your replies

• Bruno AcciolyBruno Accioly Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

If you plan to use your transparent background stills on Final Cut Pro X I would even consider watching this video so you can change duration of the stills so it can match the frame rate you want.

Final Cut X Image Sequences (duration)

• I want to update this thread because in cases you use a lighting HDRI from the store... the best solution is just go to Render Settings... in Environment, select Dome and on the right panel choose Draw Dome "OFF".

Done.

• RuneRune Posts: 5

D. Arnaez said:

I want to update this thread because in cases you use a lighting HDRI from the store... the best solution is just go to Render Settings... in Environment, select Dome and on the right panel choose Draw Dome "OFF".

Done.

Thanks! That's actually pretty handy in 2022. I tried that and still having an all white background but I'll look at other Environment Settings.